Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could've lived without the poseable jaw, but boy am I glad to have this guy on my shelf for under $200.

IMG_3849_zps7f3566c2.jpg

IMG_3863_zps1d89bd8f.jpg

IMG_3859_zpsafba4ed3.jpg

Every day I look at XP Sakai 89...

this-is-beautiful.gif

Like a film still printed in 3D and now sitting there on my shelf.
Couldn't be more happy with it.

Wow. The eyes on the Regular 89 is really well done. The Sakai one is less impressive, but the sculpt is awesome nonetheless

X-Plus '89 is a nice figure, but for me it's a passing resemblance to the actual suit, the head looks like a cartoony version, the body lacks some of the out of shape, fat look from the suit, I've never liked it as an '89, even before Sakai's was an option. Overall, I'd say I probably like about half the X-Plus sculpts between the 10" and 12" scales. They do some nice work, but some of their pieces just don't nail the suits as well as other companies have, there have been some vinyl and resin models in the past that are just much nicer. Granted, I mostly go for capturing the suits exactly, only with my most favorite will I make exceptions if I feel like the spirit of the suit is captured or if there's some unique thing about the pose that's eye catching.

Hate the pose of the sakai, the smaller size, and the way they did the teeth. I like how my x-plus diamond reissue looks with the others.
1612b758a626fdbcc20faf4c7e1f93fc.jpg

Yeah they made him tower over everybody. He's a grande figure because he's so imposing looking next to the others

oooooooo dat xplus 89! are the eyes clear plastic? or just really well painted, cant tell.:dunno

The '54 will always be a top favorite design for me, I'm really excited for NECA's figure, it'll be fun to have a nice, articulated figure of it and it's one of the better '54 representations I've seen, surprising with how iffy their '94 and '84s have been.

The '54 will always be a top favorite design for me, I'm really excited for NECA's figure, it'll be fun to have a nice, articulated figure of it and it's one of the better '54 representations I've seen, surprising with how iffy their '94 and '84s have been.
Agreed. I had to pass on both '94 and '84. Hopefully not again.

Back