Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked the cartoon design, I wish they'd put out the full series on DVD, I have old VHS tapes I recorded when it aired that I can convert but picture quality won't be so nice.

After Trendmasters' entire movie line failed to properly represent the source, the cartoon line looked refreshing and faithful to the source designs.

yeah i really loved the monster designs of the cartoon. I have the 3 DVDs that they released and i love how the Monster Wars episodes were a great homage to Destroy All Monsters. If i remember correctly even one of the scientists was named I___ube after the composer of the Godzilla theme.

I really liked the cartoon design, I wish they'd put out the full series on DVD, I have old VHS tapes I recorded when it aired that I can convert but picture quality won't be so nice.

After Trendmasters' entire movie line failed to properly represent the source, the cartoon line looked refreshing and faithful to the source designs.

if this is what you're talking about , volume 1 thru 3 is available on DVD

517M6GWVYHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nope, this is what I'm talking about.

godzilla_the_series-show.jpg

After Tristar Godzilla, FOX launched an animated series that picked up with the hatchling seen at the end of the movie being born and growing up into a full adult and a series of new mutations and alien visitors and things. The series felt a lot like the Godzilla's of the 60's where he was the protector people called for when a threatening monster came in.

Gd78.jpg

is that the same thing as Godzilla: The Series Mutant Madness , Monster Mayhem , The Monster Wars Trilogy im guessing its not . but those 3 are available on DVD

51AREKJGA1L._SS500_.jpg

51YZW94D1JL._SS500_.jpg

51CXB36TB8L._SS500_.jpg

I think those are the same ones, just incomplete. According to Wikipedia, there are about 40 episodes in the series. Not sure how many are on the DVDs.

Same series but as Waller pointed out, those DVD releases are just like 3 episode Best of collections but only about 1/4 of the episodes made in total, it ran for a few seasons.

if this is what you're talking about , volume 1 thru 3 is available on DVD

517M6GWVYHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

omg ew i use to watch this show when i was 5, i still remeber the theme song and freak godzooki , lol godzilla would treat him like a _____.

This particular Godzilla X Mechagodzilla figure is going to be delivered to me tomorrow. It's about 12" tall.

007375.jpg

Ohhhhh, tell me more about that one please. :D

And thanks for the info and showing me those pics, Maulfan. I'll have to find out more about some of those.

$300, ouch. I really, really want that, but have a list of 6 or 7 Hot Toys and Sideshow figures I need to get first.

Incredible figure though and one of my favorite G designs.

Yeah, pricey, but if they do a piece to my liking I'd have no problem buying it, but that particular suit design isn't high enough on my favorites list to spend that on, I'd rather save it and have that money should they ever make a suit I do like.

$300, ouch. I really, really want that, but have a list of 6 or 7 Hot Toys and Sideshow figures I need to get first.

Incredible figure though and one of my favorite G designs.

He's a bit cheaper here https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10110294 Shipping will be higher but it will come out being way less than if you buy him from BBTS.

I just put mine together and he's really cool. I think my Anguirus by X-Plus is still my favorite but this Godzilla is great too.

Another movie watched.

3. King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)

kingkongvsgodzilla.jpg

I got this off eBay because I wanted the original Japanese version. Surprised to see it was anamorphic as well. The movie was entertaining. I like Toho's take on King Kong, but he sure was ugly.

Took about an hour to get these two characters together, but it was fun watching them fight. According to Wikipedia, Toho wanted to immediately do a sequel, but it never got going.

As ugly as I've always found Toho's Kong to be, it occurred to me in recent years that it was the first Kong since '33, so for the first guy in suit Kong, i actually thing it's not a bad effort, though the puppet in '33 still trumps it and the '76 suit as well.

I had an idea to make a couple posters for the '54 and '84 films as if they'd been made at the same time, trying to have a more retro look.

Poster54.jpg

Poster84.jpg

Back