Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this off eBay because I wanted the original Japanese version. Surprised to see it was anamorphic as well. The movie was entertaining. I like Toho's take on King Kong, but he sure was ugly.

Took about an hour to get these two characters together, but it was fun watching them fight. According to Wikipedia, Toho wanted to immediately do a sequel, but it never got going.

So is the ending different... I always heard that in the Japanese version:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So is the ending different... I always heard that in the Japanese version:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I haven't seen the American version, but here's how the Japanese version ends (copied from Wikipedia):

Spoiler Spoiler:

I haven't seen the American version, but here's how the Japanese version ends (copied from Wikipedia):

Spoiler Spoiler:

Laaaame... my dreams have been dashed :monkey2 It's the same...

I'd grown up hearing the same rumors and talking with Les once, found out the ending to the Japanese version and was quite dissappointed that the rumors were false. Les told me the end credits of Destroyah has a really cool montage of clips from the series but the American version cuts it off.

I have a bunch of vinyl figures, some ornaments, a real cool cloth drapery-like thingy, some X-plus statues, a bunch of those mini-dioramas, model kits, etc.

BB

Hey Sean
Have you seen the upcoming Gamera, Baragon and Gyaos Revoltech figures?

KAI10280.jpg
KAI10279.jpg
KAI10281.jpg

Well, seems like there's also an Anguirus figure in the making:

c20100207_wf2010_01_11_cs1w1_480x64.jpg

Would this mean that Godzilla and Co. are coming soon too?!!

I did see those, I'll probably pick up Anguirus as it should go with my small scale Godzilla's from that era. I'm hoping it means Godzilla's are coming. I think it'd be fun to have a Revoltech of Godzilla.

Revoltech's working on Mothra too, nicely, looks like 60's style, which is good, most of Bandai's were based on the more colorful 90s and later versions, but I like the 60's colors best.

4338375918_45def26a48.jpg

4347903715_583a773fcf.jpg

w124s.jpg

20100127_7c610007f49955b7837cHK1b3d.jpg

Looks like they're working on the Mazer's too.

ap_20100207110223290.jpg

This is cool, Gamera has a ray breath accessory, so Godzilla probably would too. I'm sure some people would find it cheap but It'd be cool to have some Godzilla products with fire breath, it's a trade mark of his and you rarely see it. I love how it was execute on the American Greetings Ornament of the '54 Godzilla.

4108785043_8b86a9f5ec.jpg

I really like how the revoltech figures are coming along so far. I've got Baragon on preorder and will definitely get Mothra, Anguirus and Moguera as well. I still haven't pulled the trigger on Gyaos and Gamera yet.

They range from like 4-6 inches. I recently received the Alien and it was larger than an Optimus Prime Revoltech I have, generally they're on the smaller side. They're pretty well painted and detailed, but the main reason for them is articulation, they're the best combination of details and articulation that I've seen in smaller scale.

I think they'll be between 5 to 6 inches in height.

The only revoltech I have is the Alien and he's about six inches tall.

Maulfan beat me to it.

The Alien's definitely probably an inch bigger than other Revoltech's, just have to wait and see when the first monster one comes out and how big they make it, whatever they go with, I'm sure all the monsters will be within that scale.

It's not Godzilla or Japanese, but I'm psyched to get the JP T-Rex they're making.

Me too. I'd love it if they made a Dilophosaurus and Velociraptor as well. The only problem I have is that I fear they're not going to really be able to make them in scale to each other. They'd all be the same size. I think the same thing will probably happen with the Queen Alien as well.

Yeah, I'd buy them for fun more than scale. Funny that you want the exact same 3 JP dinos I do, Rex, Dilophosaurus and Raptor are my favorites and the only ones I'd care about anyone ever making.

I haven't gotten a chance to put up pics of my X Plus Godzilla 2003 figure but the next ones are already being previewed. Here are a couple of links showing unpainted prototypes of the next two, 1968 Godzilla and Minya from Destroy All Monsters.

https://www.ric-toy.ne.jp/seisaku/seisaku_gozira1968.html

https://www.ric-toy.ne.jp/seisaku/seisaku_minira1968.html

do you know what scale those are going to be ? i love the teeth articulation. im keeping an eye on X- Plus , looks like they got it going on !

picked this up while on the road this week . i wish it had both japanese and english versions like the Toho collection

51M2W8C6SYL.jpg

The X-Plus statues are about 12" tall, roughly 1/250th scale.

As for the Japanese versions of the movies, I'd say half, if that, of the Godzilla series is available in U.S. releases.

Back