Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread and cool stuff!
And, it ain't all Maulfan in here!

My Godzilla collection! ;D
(Not the photog that Sean is, but heck...)

Almost ALL of 'em! (I almost never take them out of their boxes...but with all this going on, I had to, for the moment)

NewGs003.jpg

NewGs004.jpg

NewGs002.jpg

NewGs001.jpg

Of course this does not show all the books and mags I have also. This sort of thematically covers only half of it all.

Lovin' this stuff! Keep it going, whoever else may have some G stuff, POST! I love my Godzilla!

I definitely will, it'll be a bit though, I'm going to send the Kaiyodo and West Kenji kits to les to build and paint up for me once his backlog clears up.

Of course, you can see why, these are Les' Godzillas from his site.

gparade1.jpg

The one in the middle is the very same '84 Kaiyodo, though Less modded his for a closed mouth. The West Kenji kit is made to be mouth closed so I'm going to leave that one that way and keep the Kaiyodo roaring.

That looks really nice!!!
Can't wait to see it finished!

Almost ALL of 'em! (I almost never take them out of their boxes...but with all this going on, I had to, for the moment)

Of course this does not show all the books and mags I have also. This sort of thematically covers only half of it all.

Lovin' this stuff! Keep it going, whoever else may have some G stuff, POST! I love my Godzilla!

Amazing Collection!!!
:rock!

Always enjoy seeing Les' collection, some pieces I really dig in there.

I was talking with Les last night about taking photos of my collection and he through out the idea that since I have so many of his unique suits, that I sort of do it taking a tour through the evolution of Godzilla.

GOJIRA (1954) / Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1955)

Bandai Yuji Sakai Concept Works First Appearance Diorama

18.jpg

19.jpg

Bandai Yuji Sakai Complete Works Diorama

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Bandai Yuji Sakai Cocept Works Figure

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Last edited:
Bandai 6" Godzilla 1954

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Banpresto 11" Godzilla 1954 (Yuji Sakai)

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Banpresto Godzilla 1954 Mini Bust

33.jpg

I shot all of these in black and white to be faithful to the original film. The Banpresto Godzilla figure is brown, my version, they also did a black. The Bandai 6" figure has a bluish grey color for the spikes and highlights on teh body.

Gigantis: The Fire Monster (aka Godzilla Raids Again) (1955)

Bandai 6" Figure

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)

Bandai Yuji Sakai Concept Works Figures - 3" Scale

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

Last edited:

Les that is a great collection! That Space Godzilla you have in the back, Is that the Kaiyodo model kit or did you repaint the Trendmasters 10" Space Godzilla? Either way it looks amazing!

VERY good day today for this G fan. After years of hunting for it, I recently, finally found the Kaiyodo 1:400 scale Godzilla 1984 model kit for a reasonable price. This thing has been the grail of '84/'85 Godzilla pieces for me. No surprise it's sculpted by Yuji Sakai. It arrived today and it's so satisfying to finally have it. It's all in pieces and needs to be painted, but it's finally in my posession after wanting it for a long time.

Here are the images of it I found years ago that got me on the hunt. Not sure who took them, but I know the first came from this site.

https://www.kaijukits.com/collections/ghost/index.html

KG841.jpg

KG842.jpg

Where do you find this stuff, certanly not ebay,im sorry but i hate the new banda line of godzilla figures and im looking for large scale godzilla, i only have 14inch godzilla from final wars which is awesome but im thinking of getting godzila from 2000 which is 10inch.:banana

I've gotten most of my collection off eBay. A lot of the good stuff is older and rare, it's hit or miss. I've looked for that Kaiyodo kit countless times. Only twice before I got it did I see auctions for it and they went upwards of like $200+, and at the time that was a lot for me to speding on it, I got mine for $60 BIN, I couldn't believe it, I didn't even hesitate.

Yea ok lol i was actually typing in godzilla figures on ebay , but now im typing godzilla model kits and thiers alot of kick ass stuff to choose from. But im gonna get knaneda from akira then its on to godzilla.

One thing I've learned looking for Godzilla on eBay, often times people don't know what they're selling.

Some popular search terms I use are "Sakai", "Yuji Sakai", "Bandai Godzilla", "Kaiyodo Godzilla", "X-Plus Godzilla", "Banpresto Godzilla", and "Marmit Godzilla". In addition, I know the years each suit was used in movies, so I'll look up pieces by the years, like "Godzilla 1984", that helps you find books and things too.

Ghidrah: The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of the Astro-Monster (aka Godzilla vs. Monster Zero) (1965)
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966)

X-Plus USA 6" Figure

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

Bandai 6" Figure

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice pieces! I've always been a Godzilla fan, but some reason have almost no collectibles of him... I may have to correct that!

Son of Godzilla (1967)

Bandai 6" Figure

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

Destroy All Monsters (1968)
All Monsters Attack (aka Godzilla's Revenge) (1969)
Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)

Bandai 6" Figure

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (aka Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster) (1974)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

Bandai 6" Figure

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

2 legendary icons arrived today ...

The King of Monsters and The King of Kung Fu ....

DSCN3029.jpg

Back