Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ironwez20

awesome desigh imo

seen this one on coolkits and it is pretty cool . it is a Yuji Sakai

65%20appearance%20ee.jpg

Not sure if that is a Sakai, but it looks really accuate. Love that movie. And that scene. Good kit. If you find one, GET IT!

Great '84/85 G shots, Sean. Fun to see your love for that version in your shots.

Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)

Bandai 8" Figure

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

Unknown Manufacturer 7" Figure

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

Last shot features my Bandai Super-X 2

Godzilla vs. Mothra (aka Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth) (1992)

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

96.jpg

At the moment, I don't have a figure for '93/'94 so I'll be jumping ahead to '95, but now hunting down some '93/'94 figure will be a mission :lol

I try to list the heights with each one. Most are in the 6" range, some are about 3.5" inches tall and some as small as 2.5". I have a few that get up into the 8-12" range.

Oh yeah. I should learn to read better. :D

Amazing how your photography makes the small items look big. Awesome stuff. :clap

Amazing how your photography makes the small items look big. Awesome stuff. :clap

Thanks, but a lot of the credit on the 3.5" and smaller figures goes to the sculptor's work. Yuji Sakai captures more detail and quality in his small scale sculpts than any of the 6" figures from Bandai. The guy is an amazing talent, he captures the proportions and details of each suit very well, along with making pose selections that really represent the way Godzilla was portrayed in the movie he's basing it off of.

Thanks, but a lot of the credit on the 3.5" and smaller figures goes to the sculptor's work. Yuji Sakai captures more detail and quality in his small scale sculpts than any of the 6" figures from Bandai. The guy is an amazing talent, he captures the proportions and details of each suit very well, along with making pose selections that really represent the way Godzilla was portrayed in the movie he's basing it off of.

That is an insane amout of detail in such a small figure. I've seen Star Wars and Marvel 3.75 figures with far less detail.

The cool thing about the sculpts (and I don't mean this in a bad way) is that they look like the costume used for Godzilla. What I mean is they don't look like stylized versions of what Godzilla should be, but what he looked like on screen. That's just cool to me.

That's what I tend to want in my Godzilla items, looking like what I saw on screen, not trying to make up for the limits of him being a guy in suit on screen, being faithful to that appearance. It's like actor likeness in 1/6 figures, I don't separate characters and actors, the look is defined by the person that plays them. I buy Godzillas because I like what I see in the movies, I don't like him as an abstract idea for anyone to just do whatever with. That's why I have favorites, because I particularly like the designs of them. Interestingly, my 2 favorites were a mix of puppet/robot and a guy in a suit, and in both movies, the suits and the puppet/robot didn't look the same, and the suit was always the better.

This thread has really gotten me interested in Godzilla again. I bought the first 5 Classic Media DVD releases years ago, but never got around to watching them. I pulled them out of the closet the other day and started researching all the other Godzilla DVD releases.

Here are a few Godzilla collectibles I have. These are probably my favorite.

100_0058-1.jpg

I also have Rodan, 2 Mothra Larva, Anguirus, Mothra, Godzilla 1954, Godzilla 1964, and Hedorah.

I have some more Godzilla collectibles I'd have to dig out and snap some photos of.

Not sure if that is a Sakai, but it looks really accuate. Love that movie. And that scene. Good kit. If you find one, GET IT!

Great '84/85 G shots, Sean. Fun to see your love for that version in your shots.

here is what i believe is the certificate Les .. at 600 bucks i 'd have to take a pass

65%20appearance%20of%20Godzilla.jpg

remember this scene .. picture not that great , but you get the idea ...

bigslam1.jpg

Last edited:
man these pics are awesome. it's nice to see clear photos of this piece cause i've never seen it up close. What's that Super X from?

Bandai did a line of miniature vehicles apparently, like some of the old tanks and laser weapons throughought the series. I tend to find things by random, like I think I found the Super-X just searching for Godzilla 1985, and then once I found that I decided to take a shot at finding Super-X 2 and did so I got that. Super-X 3 was too unoriginal in design, it felt more like a stealth bomber just suped up a bit, so I never bothered getting it or looking for it.

Back