Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody mentioned this, but the RIC website has re-issued Sludgy, landing version.
0228173104_5a9668c824a84.jpg

I’ve been on this Godzilla kick lately and have been bingeing on them. I picked up Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla from eBay and it was a Blu-ray with English subs. It looked like it came from Showa Video, which looks to be a bootleg of the original Japanese BD, but with English subs. The video quality is absolutely fantastic.

I know it’s not an official release, but it’s frustrating getting some of the older G movies on blu if you don’t speak Japanese. I found the Showa Video site, but it looks like you have to get permission to join and so far I haven’t heard anything.

Any of you heard of this and what are your thoughts?

On another note, I’m so so pumped that Criterion has acquired the rights to the Showa G films, so whenever those are released, I’ll be getting every single one of them (well, maybe not Son of Godzilla).

I’ve been on this Godzilla kick lately and have been bingeing on them. I picked up Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla from eBay and it was a Blu-ray with English subs. It looked like it came from Showa Video, which looks to be a bootleg of the original Japanese BD, but with English subs. The video quality is absolutely fantastic.

I know it’s not an official release, but it’s frustrating getting some of the older G movies on blu if you don’t speak Japanese. I found the Showa Video site, but it looks like you have to get permission to join and so far I haven’t heard anything.

Any of you heard of this and what are your thoughts?

On another note, I’m so so pumped that Criterion has acquired the rights to the Showa G films, so whenever those are released, I’ll be getting every single one of them (well, maybe not Son of Godzilla).

I thought all of those that Criterion got were just for streaming purposes? I think they're available to stream wherever Criterion does, Hulu? But I am doubting they'll release them physically.

So Kaiyodo actually re-release Shin Godzilla maquette. Not one but three batches? Is this their farewell to this Godzilla design by compete with X-Plus and drowning us with SG products? It's not bad by any means though but I'd rather see an actual new SG from them instead.

I thought all of those that Criterion got were just for streaming purposes? I think they're available to stream wherever Criterion does, Hulu? But I am doubting they'll release them physically.

It depends, I believe Toho is undergoing a restoration process of the older Godzilla's for 4K, the likes of what Criterion did for Gojira, so it's possible for Criterion to release them eventually if Toho has done a majority of the work.

It depends, I believe Toho is undergoing a restoration process of the older Godzilla's for 4K, the likes of what Criterion did for Gojira, so it's possible for Criterion to release them eventually if Toho has done a majority of the work.

I hope so. A boxset would be nice. How is the quality of the films streaming? Are they better than what is out there on DVD / BD?

So I received my Godzilla 2014 X-Plus figure a few weeks ago, and now I have another X-Plus figure coming tomorrow. 30cm Mechagodzilla 75. Cripes!! I really can't get into another line... I just can't do it.

Key with Godzilla is not being bound to a line but buying things you like regardless of who makes it. My collection spans numerous brands.

Key with Godzilla is not being bound to a line but buying things you like regardless of who makes it. My collection spans numerous brands.

I was meaning I couldn’t get into another property. Alien, Predator, Terminator, Transformers... and now Godzilla. I keep telling myself I’m out and then they “PULL ME BACK IN!!”

I was meaning I couldn’t get into another property. Alien, Predator, Terminator, Transformers... and now Godzilla. I keep telling myself I’m out and then they “PULL ME BACK IN!!”

Ahh, well the mission I'm on lately is putting a finality on collections, instead of never ending collection, I find ways to "complete things" and then it becomes if I see something of interest, I may get it, but I'm not after the next thing all the time.

Back