Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The set has both (lower jar open with silver eyes and lower jar closed and regular eyes), I just did not change it for the pictures
Ohhhhhh....so you can only show the silver eyes with the split maw?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Guess what just got posted on the RIC website.
0803115210_59828fdab19cf.jpg

Will never get over how ugly shin is. In a very disturbing way. Also that theory of him merging with goro maki which explains the face on his tail.

To me, Shin Goji is an abomination of what nuclear radioactivity can do to lifeform.

My theory: As suggested in the movie, What appears to be Shin Goji was some ancient sea creature that ate nuclear wastes and mutated many years ago.
"It" existed, yet governments kept denying what Goro Maki tries to prove "it" actually exist. He also knew that "it" could mutate even further by factors in the environment it's in. "It" is now a sea creature, absorbed many lifeforms (dna) around Tokyo bay... but what if it got human's?

Goro somehow summoned it, sailed his ship to its domain and let it devoured him. Thus Shin Goji is born.

That explains why he's so... disturbing?

No that's true tho. It explains everything. The mouth on the tail, the human spawn at the end. That actually makes this version of Godzilla more interesting. The mouth on the tail sorta resembles a human head. It's probably the human part of Godzilla . Crazy when you think about it

I spoke to movie-goers about why some of them don't like Shin Gojira. The simple answer is: not enough actions, many things happened off-screen or intentionally left unexplained. You even need to cooked-up theory to explain what exactly happened in it.

Why? Why it need to be so enigmatic? Why no 20X Goji-stomping like we used to see in '90s? IMO it's the budget. In order to create modern disaster movie or giant monster movie, you need huge budget like Marvel's because you need your characters to see things happened IN PERSON. That's what this movie lacked.
For easier explanation, let's imagine Godzilla 2014 (G2014), but only a view from Dr. Serizawa and Military Commander speaking, planning, arguing about their plans to get rid of Godzilla and MUTOs, with NO view from Lt.Ford and his wife. Now THAT's Shin Gojira (G2016). Not saying G2016 is bad though, I LOVE G2016 but why they're choosing this route of a movie, without saying about the director's political view is so obvious IMO.

If Toho has more budget, the characters in Shin Gojira 2016 could've been (1) an ordinary guy who saw Shin Goji's carnage IN PERSON and ended up being one of Yashiori operation member. (2) his son who lost in the crowd, wandering from bunker to bunker and finally met his dad at Tokyo Station and (3) Rando Yaguchi, a civil-servant and his teams.
But of course, if Toho went G2014's or even ol' Gojira 1954's routes, this gem of a political satire will not existed though.

Still, I want Toho to release Shin Gojira novel with stories like I mentioned above! At least they'll get my money lol.

Edit: rewrite my post.

I'm totally confused by what you're saying. You think they didn't explain things because of budget? They didn't focus on the entire decision-making assembly line because if budget, it was intentional to allude to how the Japanese handled certain disasters like the ***ushima quake. They didn't want an entirely different movie. The movie they made has been hugely successful, moreso in Japan. They were able to afford any kind of monster movie they wanted to make. Godzilla has always been a plot device for the times, and Shin Godzilla is as reflective of that just as '84 was in the mid-80s.

Also anno the man who made evangalion doesn't like to explain things but moreso give you symbolism and little things to make you think and guess. He always does that. End of evangalion is full of things that aren't explained but just theorized like this movie here. He'll lay down things that don't make sense at first glance but upon a second viewing you start to kinda piece things together.

Godzilla has always been a plot device for the times, and Shin Godzilla is as reflective of that just as '84 was in the mid-80s.

While they are not directly related like a true trilogy, '54, '84 and Shin stand as a trilogy in their more obvious sociopolitical commentary on Japan at their respective points in history.

I didn't need Shin to explain more stuff to me I needed one more big action scene.

Please give me more destruction in the midst of your sophistication.

For those that don't know, it is a sad day. Haruo Nakajima, who was Godzilla from 1954 to 1972 passed away today at the age of 88.
I was fortunate enough to meet him in 1996 in Chicago. Here is an old photo of he, Kenpachiro Satsuma, and I from
back in 1996. Rest in Peace Nakajima.

Attachments

• 100_3913.JPG
    100_3913.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_3918.JPG
    100_3918.JPG
    558.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Very sad day, he defined Godzilla as a character and was the model for those who carried on the torch, I'd hoped to maybe meet him one day, sad I never got the chance, but I would say 88 is a long life considering the toll on his body that the work must have taken. I love how his fondness and passion never died decades after hanging up his suit, he truly enjoyed the job, and every Godzilla fan owes much to his efforts.

Back