Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing a lot of reading last two days, catching up on X-plus. Thanks to Boba and those who helped with info.

Question for the experts and in-hand holders: I know there are many choices, but of the following two, which is better in-hand -- Godzilla '66 (Sea Monster) or Godzilla '68 (Destroy All Monsters)?

'68 (Destroy All) vs. '66 (Sea Monster) COMP (2).jpg

Viking Spawn pics above

Well, I'd prefer to have 30cm as they're more in line with 1/6th and would look closer to the "suits"... but, there is no 30cm Ghidorah.

And after looking at tons of pictures this weekend, I think I prefer the 25cm versions on every one of the DAM characters.
Only asking cause there is no 30cm '66 but there are a 25cm and a 30cm '68. If you were going for the DAM lineup I'd say '68. If you want just like Godzilla and Rodan or Ghidrah. ..the '66 is real cool (and is pretty much the monster zero suit)

Is that a personal preference or based on in-hand comparison?

Personal preference from in-hand reviews I've seen. I collect 30 cm other than characters that probably will never be represented in that scale like Ghidorah. I did place a pre-order for the 25 cm Godzilla and Minya pack, though.

the '66 is real cool (and is pretty much the monster zero suit)

Yeah, that's why I was a bit torn. I think I prefer the 68 overall but there are things I like about the 66 (long tail, yellow eyes, flatter brow ridge).

Personal preference from in-hand reviews I've seen. I collect 30 cm other than characters that probably will never be represented in that scale like Ghidorah. I did place a pre-order for the 25 cm Godzilla and Minya pack, though.

Yeah, I'm happy to see that there's going to be a reissue of that Godzilla. I would like to get Ghidorah, Godzilla and Rodan now for a simple Monster Zero set up. But the full DAM line up is so bloody tempting. Only a proper scaled Manda is missing.

New shot of the X-Plus 2014 Godzilla. Seems to have two headsculpts. The roaring one will probably be a Ric exclusive.

10923526_10152665240351139_6649465145879718149_n.jpg

The new X-Plus shot is very impressive, much clearer, the detail looks pretty faithful to the movie and not as stylized as the firtst shot let on. It'd be cool to have both heads but the standard one looks quite good.

All hope is not lost

According to Kaiju addicts

"UPDATE: There IS still hope. I recently heard directly from X-Plus that they are still working on a new deal and that they hope to have an answer soon. Ganbatte, X-Plus!"

All hope is not lost

According to Kaiju addicts

"UPDATE: There IS still hope. I recently heard directly from X-Plus that they are still working on a new deal and that they hope to have an answer soon. Ganbatte, X-Plus!"

New deal? With Diamond? I'm not clear. :confused:

:pray:

As long as some deal brings X-Plus 2014 to the U.S. at diamond prices with both heads, I don't care what deal is made.

You can see the sculpt's evolved, the first look was in white, now it's in grey and more refined.

XplusGodzilla2014b.jpg

Super Festival 67

X-Plus-Godzilla-2014-Prototype-SuperFestival67.jpg

X-Plus-Table-SuperFestival67.jpg

Last edited:
Back