Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does look great! been plottin on a x-plus Godzilla for awhile now. the new 89 diamond reissue is tempting to start with.

that huge terra formar by x-plus look awesome as well. stoked for the SH MA Gamera, gonna PO that now.

If I give them the benefit of the doubt they will file a claim with Japan Post and give me the proceeds. That's what ****ing shipping insurance is for.

Just want to show everyone how Amiami screwed some people over big time. I ordered KG from them and was fortunate enough to have mine arrive in tact with no damage to the box even though they just slapped a form on it. I even got all those forms and stickers off with a hair dryer. The garbage about being unable to ship EMS isn't true. I have a contact in Japan that sends me huge boxes all the time. I just received my second KG from HLJ. It came in a giant box with tons of padding. When I was charged shipping, I was charged only as much as Amiami charged me. I feared I would get the same treatment, because I knew bigger packages should have cost more than the 4,400 yen or whatever it was I paid. Well, the customs form says 8900 yen, so HLJ ate the cost after they charged me. That was awesome of them to do that. I would have been fine paying that anyway, because that is what I expected in the first place from both stores. Amiami could have used a big box, charged an appropriate amount and shipped it, but they didn't. 001.JPG

Last I checked HLJ was sold out, so you can't order. I think it's pretty much sold out everywhere. I ordered two because I wanted to be sure to get at least one. Hobby Search didn't put it up for pre-order for US. HLJ was late getting theirs up for pre-order. Amiami had it first, so I went with them. Since I had never dealt with them I wasn't sure how reliable they would be. When HLJ finally put it up for pre-order, I ordered as a backup. Thought about canceling many times, but I can always sell later when people are lamenting not getting one now.

HLJ still has Ghidorah available.

I still don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. I'm too busy right now to fuss around with USPS insurance. Maybe I just order one from HLJ (which will be about $30 more than I paid from amiami) and file a claim with paypal with amiami, get my money back. But Ghidorah's are arriving broken despite good packing too, some with unfixable damage. Now, HLJ is better about dealing with issues than amiami by far, but fact is I did fix my Ghidorah to a satisfactory level.

I had to pack up my Ghidorah yesterday though and it will go in storage with the rest of my collection for the next few months. I have to hope that the parts I glued hold in the box.

Ultimately this is all really an issue because Xplus didn't package the figure very well at all.

I just don't know. I'm so in love with the figure but so annoyed over the situation surrounding it. My fiance thinks I just file the claim with USPS, give them the box and fixed figure and show them the pictures of it when it was broken, see what happens.

NECA's upcoming '54 Godzilla, their best Godzilla since the 2014, can't wait for it, a full gallery should be coming soon, Randy said their photographer shot it recently.

Last I checked HLJ was sold out, so you can't order. I think it's pretty much sold out everywhere. I ordered two because I wanted to be sure to get at least one. Hobby Search didn't put it up for pre-order for US. HLJ was late getting theirs up for pre-order. Amiami had it first, so I went with them. Since I had never dealt with them I wasn't sure how reliable they would be. When HLJ finally put it up for pre-order, I ordered as a backup. Thought about canceling many times, but I can always sell later when people are lamenting not getting one now.

why are you not posting pictures?

006.JPG007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.JPG
why are you not posting pictures?
I don't post pictures because everyone else does. I rarely single out any one piece in my collection for closer examination, especially if everyone else already has it. However, since you asked, I'll post some pictures of my whole collection, or at least a majority of the Godzilla part of it. I really don't show it off that much.
It has to be considered as a whole. Don't get mad at the number of photos. There could be a lot more.001.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

Those showcases are double sided so there are twice as many figures in there as what shows in the pictures. Just didn't feel like getting every shot. There are a lot of MM28 kits in there. Picking up his new 1974 soon. Also have about fifty models I haven't built yet. As the pictures show, some still need painted. It's a long process.

Wish X-Plus would go back to using MM28 for some of its figures. 30cm Gorosaurus, 30cm 68 Godzilla, and 30cm Anguirus are all MM28.

Back