Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad was never into any movies or collectibles, but he was also 37 when he had me in 1967.

He was a very serious man, news only.

My brothers and sisters are also not into any movies or collectibles.

Everything about who I am came from me only.

Today was my dads wake, tomorrow his funeral.

I've been reflecting how i'm going to continue raising my son.

I'm not going to force anything on him, he can figure out on his own what he enjoys.

Its funny because my brother is a sports fanatic and his kids have no interest in sports.

I have no interest in sports and my son keeps asking me about sports. :lol

Jeez man im sorry. Heh reminds me of me and my dad. He loves sports and I dont and I always comtiplated that if I have a son maybe he will like sports unlike me.

My dad was never into any movies or collectibles, but he was also 37 when he had me in 1967.

I'm not going to force anything on him, he can figure out on his own what he enjoys.

Its funny because my brother is a sports fanatic and his kids have no interest in sports.

My dad loves sports and my brother does too, but one thing I really appreciate about him is, even though our interests are different, he's still understanding of mine. My mom sort of looks at my collecting like I'm a kid playing with toys still and doesn't really respect it, but my dad just sees it as an alternate to collecting sports cards or memorabilia and has never acted like it's childish or silly. I'm grateful for how they both are though, I've seen some parents try to force their likes and ideals onto their kids, or the ones that failed at things in their lives and try to get their kids to succeed at it to live through them, and that's not something I'd ever want to be.

Sorry for you loss, I'm sure he was a great father, and your care for your own son is a reflection of that.

Wish your family luck. Sorry to hear about your father. :(

thank you VS, much appreciated.

My condolences, too, jye.

Same to you Shoo

Jeez man im sorry. Heh reminds me of me and my dad. He loves sports and I dont and I always comtiplated that if I have a son maybe he will like sports unlike me.

:lol

Godzilla > A-Rod

My dad loves sports and my brother does too, but one thing I really appreciate about him is, even though our interests are different, he's still understanding of mine. My mom sort of looks at my collecting like I'm a kid playing with toys still and doesn't really respect it, but my dad just sees it as an alternate to collecting sports cards or memorabilia and has never acted like it's childish or silly. I'm grateful for how they both are though, I've seen some parents try to force their likes and ideals onto their kids, or the ones that failed at things in their lives and try to get their kids to succeed at it to live through them, and that's not something I'd ever want to be.

Sorry for you loss, I'm sure he was a great father, and your care for your own son is a reflection of that.

Well said, as usual, MF.

Thank You

jye4ever, I'm literally in tears for you. I dread the day that I lose my Dad, he means that much to me. So believe it when I say that I'm sorry for your loss, hope you feel better soon.

Sorry for your loss, man. I'm sending some good vibes your way, good sir.

Im late but sorry for your loss man. I hope you and your family are celebrating his life. :) sounds like today's world can use more people like him who have informed opinions and know whats happening in the world.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In all the years I've collected godzilla, it's always amazing to see little kids who are fans because their dads have been big influences on them!

From collecting the old school marusans and bullmarks to the Japanese bandai figures, to the art house m1's marmits, parababies, and gigabrains, to the ultimate x-pluses and the ultra articulated sh monsterarts....and now jakks n neca, I am sure godzilla collectors will be more of a presence than ever before...

On the one hand, it means more demand and higher prices on holy grails, but on the other hand there'll be more folks out there, who will appreciate our godzilla collections....and perhaps get the same enjoyment and wonder out of them as much as we already do....

I love that this movie will introduce godzilla to a whole new audience, a more sophisticated audience at that and a built in audience who has been waiting for a modern version that would treat the concept with the ultimate respect it deserves....

Both my Boys have been into Godzilla since about 2 years of age. I think it's almost impossible for young boys to not fall in love with the Big G after seeing a Godzilla film. There is just something magical about those men in rubber suits crushing paper cities. Something even more special then the best CGI. I would not be surprised if the new Godzilla film (no matter how great it might be) does not connect with kids like King Kong vs Godzilla does. My oldest still prefers Ray Harryhausen films to Jurassic Park... But I introduced those to him first before I let him watch JP. That way he would appreciate where it all came from. He still loves JP but he loves those "real" Claymation dino's more.

I'll be curious to see if my son takes a liking to what I'm into, I'm not going to force him to watch or get into any of it, but if he's curious about anything, I'll certainly enjoy it with him. Won't lie that it wouldn't be the coolest thing ever if he were into Godzilla, but for the few things my parents and I both like, most of what I'm really into is all me and had nothing to do with them. My dad is the one who got me into Stallone and Schwarzenegger films though.

Be sure to also be / act interested in what he likes and then he will be more likely to take an invested interest in what you like. Nothing turns a kid off more from their parents interest then when they show no interest in what they like.

But like you said you also can't push them. Both my boys love Godzilla but are not the biggest Star Wars fans... Which sucks cause I have a ton of old toys in the attic but they just never got into it as much as Godzilla, Dinosaurs, Aliens, and Sharks.... Which is really Ok by me :) :)

Much appreciated GS/Jaws. :duff

As 89 Joker once said:

"What a day"

Sorry for your loss....I lost my pop in 09... He was also into sports, unlike me, but it was he and my mom who got me started with me earliest collections of Star Wars, godzilla, batman...

I lost my dad a couple of years ago too. He was 78. He is what prompted my forum name too. He was a Minnesota Vikings fan since the franchise began in the early 60's and since he was born in Minnesota.

My dad was never really into Godzilla, but my mother was... My mother is who sparked my interest in Kaiju and science fiction/horror too. Heck, she started my old Star Wars collection back in the day as well. My first Godzilla and Rodan toys were from the Shogun Warriors line. I used to have Godzilla beat those robots up all of the time and cause panic among my SW action figures! I even had Godzilla crush the Star Wars Death Star tower and sent Vader & friends to their doom! He was always the King! :lol :rock

All 3 of my children like Godzilla too! My oldest son, 17, knows all of the monsters names while my younger son, 10, knows most of them. My daughter, 8, is still learning but knows the main characters. She hates Ghidorah and thinks he's ugly! :lol

I don't force my interest on them and let them decide on their own. But I am a big influence on them and more stuff they see on TV and my growing collection is definitely tweeking their interest! Let's just say I'm doing my part to teach the next generation of Godzilla fans! :hi5:

Sorry for your loss Jye. I lost my dad in 1991 and my mom two years ago so I know all about this kinda stuff unfortunately. Take care buddy.

jye, just read about the news today... sorry to hear about your father.
Prayers for you and your family bro. :pray:
Whether you realize it or not, he did help to shape who you are today.

Remember the best times you spent together with your dad and continue making great memories with your son.

Sorry for your loss, Jye.

:duff

jye, just read about the news today... sorry to hear about your father.
Prayers for you and your family bro. :pray:
Whether you realize it or not, he did help to shape who you are today.

Remember the best times you spent together with your dad and continue making great memories with your son.

:rock

Beautiful words Cent.

Thank you both

Back