Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Neca looks alright. The one thing that bothers me about these figures is that everything on it is the same color. It's cool but it looks like it could use a good repaint to bring out the detail.

It would probably benefit from a wash, but, NECA did such a good job of paint on Pacific Rim, I figure Godzilla's flat paint, which is universal over all figures of Godzilla 2014, is true to the source without getting into dirt and weathering which few companies will do and is up to customization.

Yea I get that, but I think I might get the smaller one, do a repaint of it and if I like it I'll get the bigger one and repaint that. Even if it's not film accurate the figure itself will look better. Still excited to see more figures though.

At this point, just judging by those pics, I'd be fine with the 6 inch one and maybe having someone with talent kind of bring out the texture a bit more. The eyes look very good there (and that's a big deal for this Godzilla figure). So I'm hoping it translates.

1396614407742.jpeg

That NECA 6" also looks great -- which means the 24" will be even, uh... greater. Can't wait!

The GMK was around $300 excluding shipping (which was $90-ish). I'm going to guess that since this one is taller we can expect to pay up to an additional $50 for the figure itself, plus around $110-$120 for postage.

The NECA is looking really nice. Glad I have both NECA on pre order. Found the Jakks figure last month.

The NECA one is a must buy. And if the bigger one is that good...damn!!! And if they do one on par with the Jakks release at a later date that is 18" tall or higher, YEAH BUDDY!!!

The GMK was around $300 excluding shipping (which was $90-ish). I'm going to guess that since this one is taller we can expect to pay up to an additional $50 for the figure itself, plus around $110-$120 for postage.

If anyone plans on getting that 95 ; they best do it on the ground floor because the aftermarket will certainly be at least double the initial cost

If anyone plans on getting that 95 ; they best do it on the ground floor because the aftermarket will certainly be at least double the initial cost

This. The gigantic GMK skyrocketed in value before it was even released. By the time preorders shipped out in December, people who wanted to place in-stock orders were paying up to $200 above MSRP. The cheapest one I can find online right now is $950 and you can imagine that Burning Godzilla, being arguably more iconic, taller, and less-stylized than the GMK, will shoot up even higher and faster. That will need to be a day one preorder out of necessity.

This. The gigantic GMK skyrocketed in value before it was even released. By the time preorders shipped out in December, people who wanted to place in-stock orders were paying up to $200 above MSRP. The cheapest one I can find online right now is $950 and you can imagine that Burning Godzilla, being arguably more iconic, taller, and less-stylized than the GMK, will shoot up even higher and faster. That will need to be a day one preorder out of necessity.

I just checked my registrations on 2 sites . I'm ready to go . A couple days ago I seen the GMK for 850.00. I'll never own him unless I get a crazy good deal from someone.

Thanks for the head's up on the 1995 Godzilla! And especially thank you for the links! I got mine pre-ordered through HLJ. When I learned of the announcement, I knew I definitely didn't want to miss out of this one. Never have been a big fan of the GMK design, but the 95 Godzilla is awesome! However, I'm tempted to seek out the Ric version if it becomes available too!

Back