Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd wager most of the items in that book were released at some point. It sucks being a Godzilla fan in the U.S., all the best stuff comes out in Japan, not surprisingly, and it can slide under our radar because it can be rare over there, leaving little chance we'd find out about it here.

anyone know what Godzilla kit this is ? or can anyone read Japanese ?
is there any way to tell if this is a recast ? the guy selling doesn't seem to know which G it is. Thanks

BqkeCBWkKGrHqQOKiEu2nMceiWBLvWJbOpw.jpg

BqkbPYgCGkKGrHqMOKiEEuY2vdzFzBLvPug.jpg

BqkeTyw2kKGrHqQOKjIEuTggSioBLvWCZWl.jpg

BqkeU6g2kKGrHqIOKiQEu3LsPcGBLvWEq2b.jpg

BqkeV-B2kKGrHqIOKkEuvS04CBLvWGvOng_.jpg

That's a challenge with some of the eBay dealers, one auction I found had the main photo for this awesome '89 Godzilla model, the shots of the actual pieces were for a '62 Godzilla. I tend to prefer auctions where I can clearly see the original manufacturer box and can check other sites to see where it's legit. I saw that auction but something seems fishy about a box with no markings on the outside and the weird "stickers" sheet and all.

the box looks legit but the instructions look kind of weird . it actually kind of looks like it may the 84 but i can't find any kaiyodo resin pics or instructions for the 84 ... only the vinyl

The body and head looks really close but on the vinyl the head is set up different. it may be cause its vinyl .

instructions.jpg

build-up.jpg
BqkeU6g2kKGrHqIOKiQEu3LsPcGBLvWEq2b.jpg

could the resin version look that different than the vinyl ?.. also the picture i put up of the vinyl is the Sakai version . the body does look similar .

Looking at the deatials, I'm thinking it's the 1/250th Kaiyodo '84, but I'd say definitely a recast, that's a homemade box and instructions.

g84kaiy.jpg

Kaiyodo seem a little tricky, they break up the body in odd ways. The '84 kit has the torso split in 2 with an odd seam line choice, the feet have the toes as a separate piece rather than the whole foot. The only kits I've seen in hand are West Kenji and Kaiyodo. The West Kenji separations make more sense and the whole piece seems easier to assemble.

Looking at the deatials, I'm thinking it's the 1/250th Kaiyodo '84, but I'd say definitely a recast, that's a homemade box and instructions.

g84kaiy.jpg

i don't think the box is home made . according to the model library on kaijukits.com the 73' came with a similar box and that one is resin and came out in 1984.. but that godzilla looks different. im assuming the resins came in that kind of box back then . from your picture it definitely looks like the 84 version

box.jpg

It's too bad Sakai didn't do the 1/250th Kaiyodo, it'd be awesome to have a nice 12" version of that one, but the Kaiyodo pose doesn't really suit the '84 Godzilla's behavior and actions, it's in a battle pose almost like a 60s Godzilla would be in.

I find that to be one of the weaker entries in the Godzilla series, it's like TV episodes when they can't really come up with new and do a clip show.

Back