Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really, especially as Godzilla's tentative final film from Toho. The fights were rushed to have him fight every monster he'd faced in the 40 50 years he was around, and the plot of the rest of the film was too much of a lame blend of The Matrix and X-Men with a Japanese Keanu Reeves lookalike. The only thing I really enjoy about it is Godzilla's design.

I find that to be one of the weaker entries in the Godzilla series, it's like TV episodes when they can't really come up with new and do a clip show.

it is cheesy , but i still love it anyways , especially for nostalgic reasons

That auction is for a recast?
How much does an orig go for??? :google

And recast or not, I still covets it. :(

im about 95 % sure it is . i think those guys have a few user names and are notorius for recasting but i could be wrong.

Does anyone know where this pic is from? Normally I wouldn't post a Zilla pic, but this has me curious.

00aGodzillaPictures-98artz.jpg

Looks great, hope they make one for a suit I'm really into, their quality is awesome but the price is high to spend on suits I'm not that big a fan of.

I'd be up for a nice '89/'91 or '95 too, done right, those are some cool suit designs, the '95 is often poorly sculpted or poorly painted or both.

Here's a group shot of my collection. I'm constantly trying to add new pieces but have been mostly limiting myself to the X-Plus figures lately since they're so expensive.

DSC00213.jpg

I forgot to add these two to the group.

DSC00215.jpg

I'd be up for a nice '89/'91 or '95 too, done right, those are some cool suit designs, the '95 is often poorly sculpted or poorly painted or both.

I really, really want GMK Godzilla as I love that design, but the suits from the '90s were quite good. An amazing Burning Godzilla from X-plus would be really cool to have. However, that big Marmit one that was displayed at some Japanese convention looked incredible as well. I hope they release it and I can find one of those.

I'm a big fan of all the monsters throughout the Godzilla series so I love when they release really well sculpted versions of monsters like Anguirus and Gorosaurus. My top wishlist figures for X-Plus to make are Baragon, Titanosaurus, Ghidorah and Mecha Godzilla '74. I've loved pretty much everybody they've made so far so I'm always excited when they release the next prototype.

I picked up the 8" GMK figure from Bandai last week, they captured the suit better than X-Plus USA's 6" figure and I wanted a more accurrate one. I also just recently bought the Desktop Bust from Sakai of the '84, excited to get that, I'd seen a photo of it long ago and been looking around, first time I've ever seen one for sale, would love to get his fuller bust of the '84 too.

I'm pretty content with my collection as far as Godizllas, at this point, mainly just on the watch for cool '54 and '84 stuff, I've got every suit covered basically. I'm more looking into getting more friends and foes as my collection is mainly Godzilla himself.

A piece I really want is a nice, accurrate, 60's Ghidrah.

Here's a group shot of my collection. I'm constantly trying to add new pieces but have been mostly limiting myself to the X-Plus figures lately since they're so expensive.

DSC00213.jpg

I forgot to add these two to the group.

DSC00215.jpg

Wow , i miss this thread , i've never seen before so many Godzillas !!!!, congrats Boba and congrats to all for collect this Monster....:emperor

I really want a big godzilla like this, but sadly it seems that all thier making is crappy six inch godzillas, i always wanted a huge godzilla figure .

And does anybody have a pic of the vicious looking godzilla from the very 1st one, anybody have any figures of him ?

A piece I really want is a nice, accurrate, 60's Ghidrah.
Me too.
I'm really wanting to bid on that recast auction but I owed way too much money in taxes to justify spending anything near that right now...

:monkey2

I did cheer myself up by purchasing a certain little piece recently, though. I'll post pics of my very small mini collection after it arrives.

:D

X-Plus did make a Ghidorah statue that I thought looked pretty decent. He's very rare now. The last one I saw on ebay went for over $300, while most of the other ones like Anguirus and Mothra go for really cheap.

Here's a link to a page that has a few pics of it.

https://www.artoftoy.com/kighmastg.html

Back