Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played them all .. first one when it came out.. and since then got them on every release.. Cant wait to try it out tonight. GOW is one of my favorite games ever played and it sounds this new one does not disappoint

In love with the game so far, just got to the 3rd Ogre. Breathtaking visuals, a nuanced and well-written story, rewarding combat...it has it all!

At first I didn't like how the game drops you into the story with no exposition, but I've enjoyed peeling back the layers through Kratos and Atreus' conversations. Such excellent writing. One of my favorite random exchanges so far was something like:

Kratos: Do not touch the water.

Atreus: Why not?

Kratos: Can you see what is beneath the surface?

Atreus: No, it's pitch black.

Kratos: Do not touch the water.

The game was absolutely gorgeous! Im current playing in Challenge mode, thinking change to hardest mode for more...challenges

Reached the arc coming back to Witch cave last night

didnt had much time last night but I killed that first huge Troll.. its ver nice visually and combat is very much alike to nowadays games like witcher. As of now all has been seen in trailers so far.. so looking forward experience something new to see.

When you get to see Jörmungandr... my god this thing is a marvel in visual and sound design. It's funny when you see him just chilling in the background while riding your boat. He's kind of cute. :lol

didnt had much time last night but I killed that first huge Troll.. its ver nice visually and combat is very much alike to nowadays games like witcher. As of now all has been seen in trailers so far.. so looking forward experience something new to see.

that’s where I left off last night too, very impressive so far.

the execution at the end of that fight is brutal. I’m sure it gets even better haha.

7134bc1184a018026b1a3e8c6984defe.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am in awe of this game. It is beyond epic. It is still very much GOW at its core, with some big changes. I am all for this new direction. It seems natural where they seem to be taking Kratos. The dynamic between Kratos and his son makes for great narrative. He wants to be a father, and yet he struggles in how to do that. The gameplay is top notch. The boss fights are brutal. Love it.

How does this play with a regular PS4? I was planning on getting a Pro, but I can't really see myself investing in one, because I'm hardly on PS4 to begin with.

It's gorgeous man. I haven't gotten a Pro and honestly probably never will but this looks great on my 1080 TV.

Sweet! Been holding it back for a while, but I guess I'll order it. Probably been about a year since I turned on my PS4.

I’ve played the daylights out of this game since I got it. I don’t really do that anymore.

Most games today have a hard time with the “hook.” Something always eventually crops up in the game and leaves it stumbling upon itself. For the first time in a very long time, I might be able to say this is a near perfect game.

I can’t even sit and think of anything to nitpick at. Maybe that the second Valkyrie was a total nightmare? The others aren’t as bad as all that. Still have a few left though.

I’ve played the daylights out of this game since I got it. I don’t really do that anymore.

Most games today have a hard time with the “hook.” Something always eventually crops up in the game and leaves it stumbling upon itself. For the first time in a very long time, I might be able to say this is a near perfect game.

I can’t even sit and think of anything to nitpick at. Maybe that the second Valkyrie was a total nightmare? The others aren’t as bad as all that. Still have a few left though.

This...all in all.
I played 5 days and I haven´t played that much in years. Game of a lifetime.

Never watched a single trailer. Never watched a single piece of E3 coverage, outside of the first gameplay reveal. And I never kept up with any other production content during the hype train.

Not sure if it’s because I just didn’t care, as I knew I was already getting the game. And so, perhaps some of that is playing into the overall enjoyment I’m having? I do know that, in recent years, I’ve discovered... following the hype train leaves you wrecked in the end. Disappointment after disappointment. Letdown after letdown.

I’m thinking this game is just that damn good though. I didn’t even pay full price, but I would have gladly done so.

wow.. I invested another hour last night in this game... its beyond.. so fantastic.. the fight with that unknown Viking guy god... duuuuude.. what an epic fight that was !!! The switch from cinematic to actual fighting is fantastic... you playing a movie basically.. not just watching or only gameplay.. not sure how to pack that into words to describe.

The dynamic with his son is great as well and this little guy has some good advises if you stuck ! :D

Cant wait to continue whats coming next...

And all this is what makes a game great. Real people praising it vs review scores, that in this case, were totally deserved IMO.

Amazing, amazing game.

Back