Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my system to actually play the game and wow... it’s very hard to put down.

Most games don’t really do that for me anymore. Monster Hunter: World, Nier: Automata, Last of Us, Assassin’s Creed Origins, Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 2 and 4, The Evil Within 1 and 2, and the most recent Doom are about the only games that have come close to pulling off that kind of hook, for me personally.

Such a well done game. I know it deviates from the old arcadey feel the other games had, but the series had to evolve. In this case, I think it worked out for the better.

GOW mode is unforgiving as ****. Heavily debating my decision now. Can’t simply change the difficulty mid game, have to start all over again.

Wow. Got past my first ogre encounter and I can safely say this still is GOW at its heart. Combat is superb and very strategic.

There are enemies that can legit one shot you though.

Did you have trouble installing the game too? I had to clear out twice the required memory space before the game would install and update.
I have trouble keeping discs in my system. :lol

For whatever reason, it just likes to eject everything a few good times, until it doesn’t. It made Nier unplayable for me, initially. It really did not like that game! I rarely play my PS4, so I’ve not yet upgraded. Still kind of pissed it’s even an issue.

God of War difficulty is a bit annoying... enemies are sponges and battles can drag insanely long, then you get one shotted near the end. It's not the hardest thing in the world... but I can't imagine most players enjoying this mode.

Though my main annoyance was bosses... weak variety and a lot of reskin/repeat... but again this game is 20+ hours compared to the sub 10 hr length of the previous games.

Still, well made, and looking forward to 5 and lets hope they don't call it gow2 :slap

Last edited:
Annnnnddd you don't copy my actual quote with Examples of good video game journalism provided by these sources. How high do you Cherry Pick?
Well, there might be a good material here and there, but as a general rule of thumb these sources are mediocre at best, biased at worst.
Do you remember the time when Konami invited "journalists" to review Phantom pain at a five-day controlled review event? Do you really think the likes of gamespot travel at their own expense to Poland while giving you the exposure to anything but "boot camps" tied with strict NDAs? Dude, wake up.

After playing the game, it is amazing and just as good as people are saying. If it isnt your cup of tea, then so be it.
I personally dont trust many publications these days as i mainly stick with certain reviewers on youtube.

Now, i reall want a good quality 1/6 scale figure of viking kratos

The only thing that bothers me is that there aren’t any humans around except for cannibals. In the older god of war you saw human casualties in this one not so much.

Feels kinda empty

Wow this game is something else. This is what other games should be looking towards, perfect blend of be best things in video games today. Haven't been addicted to a game like this in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing that bothers me is that there aren’t any humans around except for cannibals. In the older god of war you saw human casualties in this one not so much.

Feels kinda empty

arent they traveling to other realms? in midgard there is a section that had said cannibals, but other than that kratos and family were pretty secluded and far away from society(im inferring this, nothing is actually stated in the game)
besides, I dont believe any of the other realms had mere mortals living there so I guess that is their reasoning. but yes, it does seem empty at times.

Back