Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow.. I invested another hour last night in this game... its beyond.. so fantastic.. the fight with that unknown Viking guy god... duuuuude.. what an epic fight that was !!! The switch from cinematic to actual fighting is fantastic... you playing a movie basically.. not just watching or only gameplay.. not sure how to pack that into words to describe.

The dynamic with his son is great as well and this little guy has some good advises if you stuck ! :D

Cant wait to continue whats coming next...

Yeah that fight is epic, it really did feel like a movie.

https://youtu.be/FR7IX5RTPPA

This is awesome, gave me goosebumps. A reaction like that makes it clear that he poured his heart and soul into the game, and it shows in the finished product. Those tears of happiness are well deserved!

Has anyone made a high quality collectible for this game yet? Iv'e seen a few things but nothing thats blown my mind. I wish hot toys would dabble into this game like they did with arkham batman

I have 4k HDR TV but no PS4 pro, just playing on HDR10 mode..looks absolutely stunning, especially on top of the snow mountain and witch garden.

Beat the story last night. Missing a few ravens, realm tears and two artifacts. Also, got a few chests left to open in Niflheim.

And then... there’s also that last wench. Damn, she’s tough. I still think the Muspelheim encounter was quite literally one of the toughest challenges I’ve ever faced in all my gaming years, outside of a Ninja Gaiden mentor mode level boss fight and maybe the Fume Knight from Dark Souls II.

Granted, I didn’t really have much to work with at the halfway point in the game, in which I chose to venture there. Wouldn’t be quite as bad now, considering that my gear score is nearly level eight. I’m ashamed to admit, I had to drop the difficulty on that fight, lol. Even then, I was getting put in the dirt trying to learn the ins and outs. :lol

its really hard to lay down the controller and call it a night ! :D met Brok ... this game is just so nice made and you can see how much love they put into this game. Its also nice to see some familiar things .. like
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well I only have Sony 1080p TV but the Pro does super sampling and it looks gobsmacking. So when I do get a 4K HDR TV it's going to look even better!

I wish there was a way to see how many hours you played though. The hours just fly by playing this, must have sunk at least 20+ hours already.

its really hard to lay down the controller and call it a night ! :D met Brok ... this game is just so nice made and you can see how much love they put into this game. Its also nice to see some familiar things .. like
Spoiler Spoiler:

Brok is hilarious. Wait till you meet Mimir, he has some funny ass convos with Kratos and the boy. :lol

Well I only have Sony 1080p TV but the Pro does super sampling and it looks gobsmacking. So when I do get a 4K HDR TV it's going to look even better!

I wish there was a way to see how many hours you played though. The hours just fly by playing this, must have sunk at least 20+ hours already.

Brok is hilarious. Wait till you meet Mimir, he has some funny ass convos with Kratos and the boy. :lol

really looking forward to it.

Not looking for answers .. but I hope we will see crazy world parts and crazy giant creatures like in the old god of war games.. the trolls are somewhat already there what I love to see.

Not looking for answers .. but I hope we will see crazy world parts and crazy giant creatures like in the old god of war games.. the trolls are somewhat already there what I love to see.

Absolutely yes to the crazy world parts. It goes above and beyond in that regard and the level design of some regions too. Wait till you reach Alfheim. :wink1:

Sadly while the boss battles are good, they aren't quite on the scale of previous games like GOW 3. In fact I finished the last boss a few hours ago and didn't even know it was the last one and was expecting another after it. I just don't want you to be disappointed, that's all.

Lots of trolls though. :lol

Any time you fight the stranger it felt like the last boss battle of other games. :lol

Honestly, I was never as impressed by the final boss encounter in God of War 3 as other people seem to have been. Sure, it didn’t suck, but this one had such great execution.

I do agree though, there were a tad too many trolls. Would’ve been great to fight giant wolves and some grotesque creatures straight out of the worst parts of Helheim. If I had to say they need to improve upon anything for a sequel... it would be boss variety and scale. Also need alternate executions for each enemy type. That would spice things up.

Any time you fight the stranger it felt like the last boss battle of other games. :lol

Honestly, I was never as impressed by the final boss encounter in God of War 3 as other people seem to have been. Sure, it didn’t suck, but this one had such great execution.

I do agree though, there were a tad too many trolls. Would’ve been great to fight giant wolves and some grotesque creatures straight out of the worst parts of Helheim. If I had to say they need to improve upon anything for a sequel... it would be boss variety and scale. Also need alternate executions for each enemy type. That would spice things up.

I guess the best way to describe the boss battles is that they're less OTT and more smaller scale given the nature of the more strategic combat, but as you said they're still well executed here. On the other hand these Valkyrie bosses (if you want to call them that) are insanely tough compared to anything else in the game.

Did you get the secret ending? Once you've completed the game and go back home to rest. I kind of already knew about the bonus scene beforehand as I saw the thumbnail, but man oh man, what a way to get the adrenaline pumping and leave us hanging like that!

...fighting the Valkyries on Challenge mode was absolutely brutal!

just finished killing second one last night, felt like playing Dark Souls 1 years ago

Yea there are way to many trolls. Hate to say it but the monsters in the game are kinda lackluster. Expected a lil more but that’s alright . Game was good. The stranger boss fights are the best fights in the series. The next game should definitely have a bit more creatures

is there wa way to "fast Travel" Im was in the witch cave and couldnt get to all things because of the water level that is now lower.. but cant find a way back to her cave... or her house

I'm taking my time on this one, sucking up all that I can on my first play-through. It truly is an ambitious game, I haven't played a game this great since Arkham Asylum.

Back