Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most certainly is.

1390119331665.gif

I'm actually quite indifferent with this movie. I haven't seen anything about this that is "funny" and i have no plans on seeing it in the theaters, good cameos or not. We'll see what actual footage looks like. My fear is it will be in the same vein as Spy or The Heat but with a GB theme. That sounds horrible to me as I write that.

I'm serious. I really think there's going to be a lot of crow eaten in here. I was against this whole project when it was first announced for the same reasons everyone else here are, but it is genuinely funny and retains some of the spirit of the original. The cameos and references are good. I don't think this is going to be the disaster and train wreck people in this thread are making it out to be, in fact I could see a lot of people finding it endearing and mass audiences getting on board and having fun with it.

We'll see.

It doesn't have to be a disaster to be considered bad. It could well just be another remake/reboot that is mediocre and doesn't last long in the memory. The last few years is littered with these movies.

What if Greygoose . . . actually likes it though!?

I won't be seeing it in the cinema as I have to be selective these days, I only saw Jurassic World and TFA in the cinema last year. If I watch it it will be when it comes onto Sky TV by which time the hype will have worn well off with you guys. :D

I don't even know what The Heat and Bridesmaids are. The first one sounds like a Late Night Cinemax flic and the second one.... well, I'd rather not say.

I think the issue is... Ghostbuster SHOULDN'T be a comedy in the same vain as The Heat or Bridesmaids. I don't think 'comedy' when I think of Ghostbusters. It really wasn't all that funny. Yes, some talented comedians were in it, but for the most part it was played pretty straight. I hope this one realizes that.

Ghostbusters is one funny movie. I've seen it no less than 30 times, and I have a good laugh each time. My wife doesn't get it though. I don't know about The Heat and Bridesmaids. Never heard of them, and they sound kind of fruity.

The movie is a poo joke. I have nothing to based that on, except blind hatred and pure illogical rage :lol

According to this morning's sample it will be a turd 35 feet long, and weighing approximately 600lbs... and is still lighter than Melissa McCarthy.

oLQsDhO.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back