GG Obi-Wan Clone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Hagrid, the Crappy Statue Hunter, back from the field with yet another trophy:

hagridobicopyuj2.jpg

wofford29 said:
This worries me about the slave Leia. I've neve purchased a Gentle Giant piece before. Should I be worried?

I've been wondering the same thing.....

Maybe I will go with the koto slave leia

Scriff

has anyone actually seen one of these in person yet, or are these photo's from abroad? I'm just remembering (ALL) the previous Chicken Little occasions with things like Anakin, Obi-Wan, Aragorn, Lelolas etc..... which most people turned out to be really happy with

the whole "oh it actually looks really good doesnt it?" again....

Hunky, the latest photo is an official GG photo provided by Diamond.

Obi-Wanevolution.jpg

Regardless, the HK photo is a genuine one (as far as we know), so at least one of the production run looks that bad.

pickard said:
Hunky, the latest photo is an official GG photo provided by Diamond.

Obi-Wanevolution.jpg

Regardless, the HK photo is a genuine one (as far as we know), so at least one of the production run looks that bad.
Looking at this it seems that the SDCC and the latest photo seem to have the same sculpt just different paint. There seems to be a big difference between the Prototype and the SDCC photo. The face looks skinnier in all but the prototype.

I've been very critical of Sideshow when they screw something up(Anakin's lips, Plastic Fett, etc), but they have NEVER come close to anything this bad. GG should not be allowed to produce anything under the SW license ever again after putting out something this heinous. That is about the worst looking thing I've ever seen.

I wonder if something came up regarding use of Ewan's likeness, the production piece has the Obi-Wan look, but not Ewan's, I wonder if something happened with LFL.

MaulFan said:
I wonder if something came up regarding use of Ewan's likeness, the production piece has the Obi-Wan look, but not Ewan's, I wonder if something happened with LFL.

I think something warped the mold.... Either that or the paint apps are severely altering the face and making it look longer than it is.

If you look at the SDCC shots, it's essentially the same as the last photos... just better paint. The beard being painted lower, I think it's causing an illusion of sorts that is giving him the Horseface effect. At least IMO.

Can't wait to repaint one and see if I am right. :lol

I'd rather see an EP3 Obi-Wan mini bust anyway, I loved the CW cartoon and wish I could have afforded the cartoon Obi statue, but this one is just a weird blend of the two for me.

This makes me rethink what would be my first GG preorder.

I own no GG products other than a few bustups. After seeing the new Jawa MBs I am highly thinking about getting them since I am an astromech collector. After seeing these pics it makes me fear for the production Jawas. I think I'll just have to wait till the Jawas are a bit closer to production.

It's become a game of roulette with Gentle Giant, until production photos hit, you never know what you may get, could be a General Grievous and a highlight on your shelf, or a Qui-Gon Jinn that stands out from it's peers because it is such a departure from the standard you've come to expect.

MaulFan said:
I'd rather see an EP3 Obi-Wan mini bust anyway.

Yeah, though I ordered this statue, I'm really hoping they do this one soon.

MaulFan said:
It's become a game of roulette with Gentle Giant, until production photos hit, you never know what you may get, could be a General Grievous and a highlight on your shelf, or a Qui-Gon Jinn that stands out from it's peers because it is such a departure from the standard you've come to expect.

Too true. I learned my lesson here; I'll never pre-order a GG item again.

Last edited:
pickard said:
Yeah, though I ordered this statue, I'm really hoping they do this one soon.

Too true. I learned my lesson here; I'll never pre-order a GG item again.

I wouldn't not pre-order, I would be careful of where you pre-order. I get all my GG stuff through StarWarsShop, unless it's an exclusive, I hunt those on eBay, but with SWS you can cancel no sweat, but at least I've put my reservation down, that way if the item is great I don't miss out and have to spend more than the original cost or hunt like a madman.

MaulFan said:
I wouldn't not pre-order, I would be careful of where you pre-order. I get all my GG stuff through StarWarsShop, unless it's an exclusive, I hunt those on eBay, but with SWS you can cancel no sweat, but at least I've put my reservation down, that way if the item is great I don't miss out and have to spend more than the original cost or hunt like a madman.

But aren't StarWarsShop's prices generally higher than other online retailers?

pickard said:
But aren't StarWarsShop's prices generally higher than other online retailers?

Every mini bust I've ever gotten has always been basically $50 ever since they've carried them, it's never changed except here and there with exceptions like Grievous who was more complicated and a higher cost. I don't know what other online stores offer, I know Entertainment Earth is the same, but I'm a weary online shopper and only like to use my CC with shops I trust, and sometimes it seems like everyone on the planet starts an online collectibles store so unless people I know can validate them for me, I don't use them. Bottom line, if you're interested in a piece enough and are ok with the price, use SWS or someone that offers a good cancellation option and just put your order in so you don't miss out, I remember when ROTS Vader bust came out, I wasn't sure how they'd handle that so I put my pre-order in first day so I wouldn't miss out after what happened with the first version of him.

what was the height on this thing..... are they 1/6 scale or something different like 1/7?

Back