GG animated Ringwraith variant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RW looks like a lego, bleh, leave the animated maquettes to SW. Plus with the market for these LOTR Maq.... oh wait there is no market for these peices.

That Luke looks really great though, awsome choice for a pose.

There's no market? :confused:

Well, what I meant was you can get the previous and curret LOTR animated pieces for near clearance prices on eBay. Why spend more?

The only piece I am looking foward to (a slight bit) is the animated Balrog. But we'll see how that goes.

I don't care for what they sell for on ebay. That plays no part in how much I want something.

I don't care for what they sell for on ebay. That plays no part in how much I want something.

True, but it does play a part in how much I am willing to spend for something. Lately I've been canceling more direct orders, because I know I will be able to pick the items up at a better price on eBay, and I can do it on my own schedule.

Of course, I have noticed that the chance of getting better prices on AFX exclusives, especially one as well-done as this, is pretty slim. So, order placed. :D

True, but it does play a part in how much I am willing to spend for something. Lately I've been canceling more direct orders, because I know I will be able to pick the items up at a better price on eBay, and I can do it on my own schedule.

I understand. Maybe I'm not that smart in regards to money. I prefer to order mine direct from SS or order stuff from Bob/Adam. I don't trust ebay enough for the savings to be worth it. Plus I don't like waiting.

Well, what I meant was you can get the previous and curret LOTR animated pieces for near clearance prices on eBay. Why spend more?

Actually the animated stuff isn't anywhere near clearance pricing on eBay and the market itself is fickle. I bought my SW CW Yoda Maquette for $10 at one time, now its around $60....eBay in no way is a good indicator of what something is worth. I love this piece and am glad to have it on order.

Actually the animated stuff isn't anywhere near clearance pricing on eBay and the market itself is fickle. I bought my SW CW Yoda Maquette for $10 at one time, now its around $60....eBay in no way is a good indicator of what something is worth. I love this piece and am glad to have it on order.

Maybe for Star Wars, but the LOTR Gandalf and Saruman are really cheap right now; Mike @ Razor's Edge was blowing them out recently.

I bought alot of stuff on ebay that arrived broke, and I know people try repair broken items and resell them. But the animated line isn't that expensive to start with. I happy with every piece so far in the animated line.

In regards to LOTR market value vs. SW market value, sure, SW is demanding a higher price on pieces in general, but that may be due to there are more SW pieces out there, increasing odds of tweaking more people's interest, that line is more mature. LOTR only has two available right now. As this (LOTR) line continues to grow, I'm hopng it will increase demand for earlier pieces. We're just not at that point yet.

And yes, Gandalf and Saruman animated are still available on Ebay at retail or less. They really aren't that spectacular. But check online retailers for other pieces, slowly but surely they are being sold out. I really like the Gimli, the new Witchking, and now this variant Steed/ringwraith.

Yeah, these things are turning out to be cool. I really like GTG a lot. Saruman is pretty cool but Gimli is the best so far and the new WK and Nazgul look nice.

I really wanted to like these animated maquettes so I ordered them as they were released. I opened Saruman when he arrived and gave it a chance but they're just not my bag. Gandalf is still sealed in the box since I have no desire to open it. :eek: That being said, the AFX Ringwraith and the Wiki look to be the two nicest released so far.

Placed my order, I am sure i won't regret it.... any idea when the shipping will be??

HOly crap. I just won a regular version for $52, plus ship, on the Bay. To be totally honest, I only bid on it cause I paid almost twice this amount and figured if I could get it for half I'd gladly take it. Guess I'll have two regular versions and an ex.

Hopefully this have some sort of trade value in near future.

link

Back