GG animated Ringwraith variant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, along comes the GG LOTR animaquette line, and I had every intention of NOT collecting them. Then this new variant of the RWOS shows up. Looks like history is repeating itself...

In all seriousness isn't it funny how that goes. You think I'm gonna be very picky but you end up finding every way to get them all.

I totally agree. This is a must for me where as the first I gladly passed on.

I just saw this thread, and in the space of 20 mins, Josh, you have gone from 'quite like it' to 'ordered it' to 'this is a must' in about 20 minutes. What gave? Pier pressure?!:lol

At the same time, I am going to have to wait and not have the ordinary one for x mas and get this one next year instead!

Anyone know if any UK stockists will have this one?

I just saw this thread, and in the space of 20 mins, Josh, you have gone from 'quite like it' to 'ordered it' to 'this is a must' in about 20 minutes. What gave? Pier pressure?!:lol

Nah, just my own interal workings figuring it all out. :lol

Does AFX charge you all up front or later like Sideshow?

Ditto on this one breaking me! I resisted, but now...DANG!!!!

MUST GET ALL OF THEM!!! :monkey1:google:duh

https://www.shopafx.com/loofriexrion.html

ES of 500

horse is black & river base from arwen scene

Thanks for the heads up, ordered. I was just on this site this morning, looked specifically at the "exclusives" sections, and missed it completely. Maybe it wasn't up at that time. I'm a completist in this line, since the beginning, although I only have the two wizards in hand. I even ordered two of the witchking, one for possible trade value later down the road.

that being said, I hope this turns out well. I was overall dissapointed with the Potter Merperson exclusive AFX did awhile back. Seemed to just be cheaper than the normal HP line. The packaging was different (no window box), I think the material was different (felt like light flexible plastic vs. polystone), and the paint-job had some QC issues, at least on one of the two I got.

Lets hope this ringwraith doesn't suffer from similar issues.

that being said, I hope this turns out well. I was overall dissapointed with the Potter Merperson exclusive AFX did awhile back. Seemed to just be cheaper than the normal HP line. The packaging was different (no window box), I think the material was different (felt like light flexible plastic vs. polystone), and the paint-job had some QC issues, at least on one of the two I got.

Lets hope this ringwraith doesn't suffer from similar issues.

Maybe it had to do with how it had to be packaged. The Dementor doesn't have a window box either.

DID IT! Got one, I'm taking the plunge, guess they will look good next to my animated Star Wars Collection (minus padme :monkey2). But man these LOTR ones are way more pricey then the SW versions!

Maybe it had to do with how it had to be packaged. The Dementor doesn't have a window box either.

Maybe. It would have been tough to have a window with the two included busts (also had a little grindylow, which was the better of the two). It's not so much the missing window that erked me about the packaging, it was the cheaper selection of styrofoam, you know the kind that doesn't stick together well and little pieces of it get all over the place. I know, I know, seems like an insignificant issue, but I prefer the styrofoam that isn't going to disintegrate over time. The sideshow ML LSB had that same type of cheap styrofoam, or mine did at least. I like the gray styrofoam that SS used on Lurtz PF and the like.

I apologize for minor derail of thread, and multiple posts, I'm just really excited to get this piece.

DID IT! Got one, I'm taking the plunge, guess they will look good next to my animated Star Wars Collection (minus padme :monkey2). But man these LOTR ones are way more pricey then the SW versions!

Did you see the combo exclusive 3-pack that was on sale? It included an animated SW exclusive and a Hellboy exclusive. Not for me, but sounds like since you have animated SW, may be something you want to consider. link

It's like getting the hellboy for $10. Saves you $20 overall.

So many of you guys are ordering, looks like overseas collectors like me have no chance to gett it.... =(

I snagged this one as well...have all the others in hand or on order...can't wait to have both the brown and black side by side...should look very cool...

Geb

I passed on the brown version but something about the Ringwrath on the Black Steed that really looks amazing. I ordered it without hesitation. Can't wait for January.

Maybe. It would have been tough to have a window with the two included busts (also had a little grindylow, which was the better of the two). It's not so much the missing window that erked me about the packaging, it was the cheaper selection of styrofoam, you know the kind that doesn't stick together well and little pieces of it get all over the place. I know, I know, seems like an insignificant issue, but I prefer the styrofoam that isn't going to disintegrate over time. The sideshow ML LSB had that same type of cheap styrofoam, or mine did at least. I like the gray styrofoam that SS used on Lurtz PF and the like.

I apologize for minor derail of thread, and multiple posts, I'm just really excited to get this piece.
For some reason, Sideshow seems to use the cheaper styrofoam on their 1:1 busts. The Gandalf LSB also used it. My all time favorite packaging was for the first couple of Star Wars premium formats. They used that foam which was just great.

For some reason, Sideshow seems to use the cheaper styrofoam on their 1:1 busts. The Gandalf LSB also used it. My all time favorite packaging was for the first couple of Star Wars premium formats. They used that foam which was just great.

Agreed, premium done to the very packaging foam. :clap

I can't stand that new crumbly stuff, I literally open my goodies outside so I don't find that stuff in my carpet three weeks later. :emperor :monkey4 :emperor

Yes, absolutely. I have a couple of the SW PF's I want to flip now :lol:lol:lol, probably at cost or even a loss. But I really like the foam with the flip top box. With the later styrofoam halves that you have to slice the tape on, I'm often hesistant to just slice and open carelessly, taking my time to make sure one of the halves is lifted vertically in case there are any long narrow pieces with breakage potential.

Just got the Gandalf LSB today, same cheap styrofoam. I guess that's how they all are. When I spend $150-$300 on anything, I expect the best. Especially with the added weight of the LSB line, that styrofoam just isn't going to hold up over time. The pieces are of superb quality, but the packaging seems like a step backwards.

Back