1/6 Getting Back in the 1/6 Game???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrakalackis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Posted this over at RS but thought I would ask you guys the same (man it's been a while since I've been on here)... I started the Sideshow 1/6 line with Jedi Luke and picked up most offerings until the "Vader helmet" fiasco when I dropped this line, sold my collection, and went back to focusing on Hasbro SW. Now a few years later on the cusp of (hopefully) a new and improved Vader, and with some of the other fantastic recent releases I find myself drawn completely back 180.

So my question for you scum is this... after returning my TVC BMF today because of qc issues, I find myself in a good position to pick a stater figure, and I've been thinking the SS Boba Fett would be a great way to jump back in.

Or is there another you guys recommend over Boba that's still reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
SS Boba Fett is an amazing figure, one of the best high-end 1/6th scale SW figures out there IMHO. You just can't go wrong with that one.

Wow if you had issues with Vader, don't start with boba :lol
Vader is one of favourites but lots of mods later, to most here boba needed even more mods and more extreme but modded again one of my favourites.....

I wouldn't get back into 1:6 thinking out of the box will do.
Th only examples I can think of are, bossk, ig88, snowtrooper and any of the newer clones of course bespin Luke too. It's too early to call but the new Vader has had more nitpicks then the Anh version did the 1:6 world hasn't changed much from Vader except for pricing

What's with the Vader Helmet? the SS Darth Vader 1/6 ANH is near the top of my want list and I've never heard any bad things about it.

As for the topic. Can't go wrong with Hot Toys Luke Skywalker.

The Snowtrooper is really cool as well.

If being "on the cusp of (hopefully) a new and improved Vader" is rekindling your interest in 1/6, and you started out with SS Jedi Luke, sounds to me like you need to get Luke back 1st, pre-order Vader, then start scoping out the Emperor. 3 figures: 1 for nostalgia, 1 of the most recent, and 1 of SS's better sculpts to recreate a badass display of one of the coolest OT moments.

What's with the Vader Helmet? the SS Darth Vader 1/6 ANH is near the top of my want list and I've never heard any bad things about it.

As for the topic. Can't go wrong with Hot Toys Luke Skywalker.

The Snowtrooper is really cool as well.

You must not have visited the ANH Vader thread. :lol

The dome sits way too high and he's way out of scale. He's massively tall. Those are the two things most collectors complained about and modified. I did those two plus replaced the cape and tunic.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yes highly recommend you hunt down the emperor and throne. Figure is very simple but a nice sculpt and a classic nostalgic piece, if you can hunt down the anh vader again and make a few easy mods he's well worth it a probably dropping in price. Your first mod is the hardest

You must not have visited the ANH Vader thread. :lol

The dome sits way too high and he's way out of scale. He's massively tall. Those are the two things most collectors complained about and modified. I did those two plus replaced the cape and tunic.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, still somewhat new here.

The height thing bothered people? Interesting. All the people that I know outside of the internet that are into Star Wars said that they thought it was cool that Vader was that huge. I did notice that the new Vader is not as tall based on the specs that SS released.

Nope, still somewhat new here.

The height thing bothered people? Interesting. All the people that I know outside of the internet that are into Star Wars said that they thought it was cool that Vader was that huge. I did notice that the new Vader is not as tall based on the specs that SS released.

Alot have swapped the body to the kp2 which looks great esp with the hasbro mod. Check out the Vader thread those mods are recent

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57609&page=689

Yes highly recommend you hunt down the emperor and throne. Figure is very simple but a nice sculpt and a classic nostalgic piece, if you can hunt down the anh vader again and make a few easy mods he's well worth it a probably dropping in price. Your first mod is the hardest

Yes agreed. I just got these two recently. Was lucky to get Emperor MIB on ebay for $150US. I always see it going for 300 or higher. I also found the Throne at a local comic book shop for $120 US dollars.

Bit of a scare though when the Ebay seller accidently sent Palpatine to London.

I forgot that I've been in there briefly. Yeah some of those mods look cool. However it's tough to tell what I'll think until I have the figure in my hand.

There is a lot of chicken little syndrome with new releases, so best if your on the fence wait until the in hand shots come in

I was in a similar position but dropped the line much earlier, probably after the Anakin Skywalker Vader. I just wasn't happy with many of the lackluster head sculpts. It was only after I saw a repainted farmboy Luke and Ben Kenobi that I decided to give it another go right around this time last year. Since then I've ended up picking up about 85%-90% of the line -- some pieces I still don't like, a couple are just too expensive, and some I haven't gotten around to yet but will eventually. The 1:6 SW line is also my favorite line as the quality is getting better with each release and there are some outstanding pieces on the horizon like Hoth Han and Luke. I'm also in the process of commissioning mods, repaints and customs to continue augmenting the collection (it doesn't help when you see some of the great customs folks are making). So the moral of that tale is once you get sucked back in you might never see the light of day again. The clones alone are going to drive you nuts.

As for recommendations I'd suggest HT Luke, Ben Kenobi, Emperor Palpatine, Boba and Hammerhead, Greedo or Gammorean Guard. That will give you a good taste of where the line is right now. It's still a good time to come back since you can pick up most in the secondary at decent prices. Although some have gone up considerably.

SS Boba Fett is an amazing figure, one of the best high-end 1/6th scale SW figures out there IMHO. You just can't go wrong with that one.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Stop it buddy you're killing me.. :lol

Lenoir - the Hot Toys Bespin Luke or the Tamashii C-3PO.

They're the best two out there right now.

I would recommend the Hot Toys Luke exclusive with the Darth Vader helmet. Checkout the youtube reviews on this figure its a great way to jump back into 1/6.

Back