1/6 Getting Back in the 1/6 Game???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted this over at RS but thought I would ask you guys the same (man it's been a while since I've been on here)... I started the Sideshow 1/6 line with Jedi Luke and picked up most offerings until the "Vader helmet" fiasco when I dropped this line, sold my collection, and went back to focusing on Hasbro SW. Now a few years later on the cusp of (hopefully) a new and improved Vader, and with some of the other fantastic recent releases I find myself drawn completely back 180.

So my question for you scum is this... after returning my TVC BMF today because of qc issues, I find myself in a good position to pick a stater figure, and I've been thinking the SS Boba Fett would be a great way to jump back in.

Or is there another you guys recommend over Boba that's still reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance guys.

Though you said one figure to start, we all know it's just a gateway figure and you'll likely soon become addicted.

Bossk is a fantastic figure as well. Sideshow's Boba Fett isn't without its flaws, but a couple of modifications will improve him quite a bit. I'd also recommend IG-88 if you can find him for a decent price. The three of them look great together.

The Snowtrooper is also a great figure, and the E-Web a great accessory. You could get a couple of Snowies and the blaster if you're a big fan of ESB. There's a lot of Hoth related figures coming out in the near future as well, like Luke, Han, a Taun Taun, and probe droid.

The Hot Toys Luke figure would be a fantastic pick as everyone has recommended. It seems to be getting scarcer from the retailers so now would be a good time to pick him up. Few of Sideshow's current and past lineup come close to Hot Toys's first Star Wars effort.

PS Sorry to hear about your BMF. I still have mine, leaning against my piano. I don't really know what to do with it.

Bossk, greedo, hammerhead, Rex, Cody, The Emperor, Aotc Kenobi, Anh Kenobi,IG88, Snowtrooper......just for starters.

I guess anything after market too, will be pricey; whether it's HT Luke - or SSC Greedo for that matter.

That's the real kicker for late comers. :lol

I also advise SnowTroopers. I picked up two of the SnowTroopers and they look amazing. They are a little tuff to get to stand while wearing the back pack and not using the base/stand. I got mine to work, but wouldn't trust it long term.

I retired from the 1/6 purchases since Vader /Stormtrooper. I just got the Tamashii 3po and its beyond amazing. I also have Hot Toys Luke on the way. I plan to very selective on the Star Wars offerings.

If my collection were wiped in a fire or something and I was starting over tomorrow, I think the first thing I'd do is scour for Marmit Stormies while I PO'd the new Vader.

Order the SSC Fett if you like ESB Fett or get the Medi ROTJ Fett if you prefer the ROTJ Fett and look at what Natrix and some of those guys did in that thread to make him more accurate. Then you can still get IG88 and Bossk at good prices and both are fantastic.

You haven't said anything about PT, so I'm assuming its not on your agenda, but if it is, Medi Jango is great and can be found cheap if you look and right now is a perfect time for any clone fan to be stepping in.

I was really hoping to build up my clone collection, but sadly it's not in the cards anymore. I only got Bly and Gree. Now I have to start downsizing.

That sucks, but you got two nice commanders, I am sure there will always be clones at decent prices to pick up when things turn around.

That sucks, but you got two nice commanders, I am sure there will always be clones at decent prices to pick up when things turn around.

Exactly. I may try to swing the Deluxe 501st in December from SSC. A friend of mine who might through buying through amazon is holding a Cody for me till I get situated so it's not all bleak.

If I may comment on being picky about the Human paint apps, I feel SS is getting a lot better. I feel they have no choice to, and the SDCC photos of Han and Luke Hoth figures point to them stepping up there game.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I just ordered Boba and pre-ordered Vader. I'm stoked, can't wait to get Boba this week!!! Anyone have an idea what an average delivery schedule might be to NC from SCC???

I have semi-kept up with the line as it is what brought me back into SW collecting way back in 2006, but have tried to stay away due to cost.

I also want to get a Snowtrooper but will wait for now. Any way of knowing how long he'll stay in stock at Sideshow? I don't think it's wise to rush into spending a lot all at once but would also like to avoid secondary market prices down the road. Does SSC still give low quantity updates like they once did???

P.S. I knew this would happen as the release time approached for Vader 2.0, I knew it was unwise to "lower my defenses"!!!

You must not have visited the ANH Vader thread. :lol

The dome sits way too high and he's way out of scale. He's massively tall. Those are the two things most collectors complained about and modified. I did those two plus replaced the cape and tunic.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

The fiasco I was referring to was more my ocd than anything...

At the time I nitpicked these things to death. I also believed the way the dome sat was a little off so I modded it. I thought the mod looked great but when re-attaching the dome a small drop of super glue landed on the underneath back part of the helmet, which discolored it.

I knew I was the only one who would ever be able to notice but it drove me nuts. I always felt that I shouldn't have messed with it to begin with, as I really really liked the figure. Out of the ten or so I had at the time it was by far my favorite (with Old Ben close second).

I'm actually right now working on a deal with another forum member to get a MISB ANH Vader he's selling. After doing more research I'm actually feeling like there are a lot of things I like better on the original over the new i.e. the suit itself, at least in the pics we've seen so far.

If I get the ANH from him at a decent price I might consider canceling the ESB/ROTJ one, as any issues I had with the old one don't bother me at all these days. I just hate to loose the $25 on the pre-order, or I might just keep both.

Last edited:
Good luck man, it's a great time to come back. Some pretty sweet figures released. Be warned, budget yourself. I jumped back in 4 weeks ago and already at 8 figures from $bay with several preordered. Picked up Leia, Obi-Wan, Aayla, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Kit Fitso, Darth Sidious Palpatine. Need to get more from SS and avoid getting them off secondary markets. Well enjoy collecting!

HT Bespin Luke Skywalker!!! Start with that and Medi Boba. If you can, Tamashi C-3PO.

After spending the last few days here and combing thru youtube reviews I took your advice guys and did just that and ordered HT BESPIN LUKE!!!

So I haveSS Boba coming friday, hopefully Luke coming next week, and besides the thought of the monies I've dropped I am freaking excited!!! :blissy

Btw I already know who's next after I get these paid off... Snowtrooper.

Congrats man that HT Luke is beast! You can customize one with a black Jedi knight suit and cape oh yeah!

I have one more payment on SS Boba Fett. I've always thought he was cool, but was never a big Boba guy. I'm having second thoughts, but might as well wait till he arrives to see him. There's just a number of figures I wanted ahead of him.

I have one more payment on SS Boba Fett. I've always thought he was cool, but was never a big Boba guy. I'm having second thoughts, but might as well wait till he arrives to see him. There's just a number of figures I wanted ahead of him.

Fett arrived today!!!

I know this is first 1/6 scale fig I've bought since 2009, but dang SS has really stepped up their game since back then.

Chev I was a little concerned myself after going back thru the posts of all the nitpicks others had with him, but I have to tell you I think he's simply awesome straight out of the box. All I did was gear him up, and changed hands.

And the base really adds a lot of bang as well.

I can't even imagine how mind blowing HT Luke is going to be when he hopefully arrives monday!!! :yess:

Fett arrived today!!!

I know this is first 1/6 scale fig I've bought since 2009, but dang SS has really stepped up their game since back then.

Chev I was a little concerned myself after going back thru the posts of all the nitpicks others had with him, but I have to tell you I think he's simply awesome straight out of the box. All I did was gear him up, and changed hands.

And the base really adds a lot of bang as well.

I can't even imagine how mind blowing HT Luke is going to be when he hopefully arrives monday!!! :yess:

Well that's cool that you're happy with him. Yeah, that stand does look awesome.

I wonder when they'll get around to making his Dad?

Back