Gentle Giant Obi Wan in Clone Armor Amnesty Notice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichards2002

Dealer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’m sure everyone is well aware of the Obi Wan in Clone Armor statue situation.

As a business man and collector, truthfully I did not want to believe it myself until I physically saw the piece. However, after looking at the piece and how off it is from the originally advertised prototype, I’m going to take the following actions.

Anyone, who preordered this piece from Razor’s Edge, will get a one-time free pass on it.

What this means is, everyone who already cancelled their preorders for this statue will get their preorder deposits credited back from us.

Anyone who was on the fence and did not want to lose their preorder deposit can now cancel with us, with no penalties.

We are going to take your preorder deposits and apply them as an open credit on your account towards any future purchases with us.

This way no one feels slighted as this was not our intention.

I ask that anyone who has already cancelled or wants to cancel this statue to please email me directly and I will credit you back your deposit.

I’m going to leave a window of time open for this one time credit until the end of this month (March 31st).

Moving forward, our preorder cancellation policy (which has been the same since the day we opened our doors) will remain in effect for all future preorders.

We will absorb the financial burden of the excess of this product. As a collector and completist of this line, I will be taking one home for myself. After all, I have a lot of extras.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Thanks Again,
Mike

Mike

I hate that this statue has turned out the way it did. I actually had this preordered for a while with a guy I buy alot of my Star Trek from down in Florida. I wanted this statue and will still get it but it is definitely not the Obi that everyone wishes they had gotten.

I know that this is going to be a real bite into your wallet and I hope this doesnt have any repercussions on you as to how much you order with GG. You and collectors around the world have lost out on the greatness that this piece could have been.

Very nice of you. Do you happen to have any in hand photos that you can post? I would like to see how different it actually is from the prototype. Thanks:)

OH MAN, I didn't order this item, and never actually ordered from Razors Edge, but that's some customer service up the *** there. Rock on!

El Roranous said:
Very nice of you. Do you happen to have any in hand photos that you can post? I would like to see how different it actually is from the prototype. Thanks:)

Here is a link to pictures. Mods, if I can not post this, please remove it.

https://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1958

As for the new stuff, I will get it up in a little while. I want to take care of this issue first.

Thanks Again,
Mike

mrichards2002 said:
Here is a link to pictures. Mods, if I can not post this, please remove it.

https://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1958

As for the new stuff, I will get it up in a little while. I want to take care of this issue first.

Thanks Again,
Mike
Thanks Mike!

I agree about this piece being off. Although not as bad as I initially thought but still bad enough to warrant a cancel in my opinion.

It's sad that GG takes no responsibility for this mess. The little guy always gets screwed.

Thanks Mike. Great gesture on your part. Let's just hope that GG is listening. As much as the fans would have loved this statue, GG is solely at fault for attempting to slip this past us without repercussions.

:clap :clap

I don't have this on order, and never considered it; but Mike you are a class-act!

:fireworks

Mike is definitely a first-class dealer. He's efficient with shipping (just bought the Corgi Enterprise-D on Monday and had it yesterday), quick and courteous with e-mails, and always looks out for his customers.

Razor's Edge is THE place to go!!!

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

I still say a repaint would fix this (of course you shouldnt have to in the first place) good the way some dealers are being about this :)

And I felt bad when I got my Sideshow Obi... now I don't feel so bad! GG really screwed this one up big time. I saw this at SDCC and snapped some photos of the prototype and they are a DEAD-ON likeness to Ewan but not this. I bag on Sideshow for their factory paints and misleading prototypes and what not all the time but they got nothing on this travesty. Yes, this is indeed a travesty. Gentle Giant should publicly apologize for this to all of their customers and give these dreadful statues to them free of charge in compensation for misleading and disappointing their customers. I applaud dealers like Mike who are stepping up for their customers and admitting that they have received an unacceptable product from the manufacturer. They are honest and that's the kind of dealer I would want to do my business with.

I personally did not order this statue, but this attempt by Mike to do right by his customers is representative of the service I have always received from him. Classy move Mike.

rainman said:
Why charge a cancellation fee if you are going to waive it when people cancel an item?

wow. this guy's doing his customers a solid by giving them their money back. it's a one-time deal cuz of the crappy product, which has nothing to do with his company. it's not totally unreasonable to charge a small cancellation fee on preorders when you're subject to the whim of collectors, a lot of retailers do it. sometimes you just can't win for trying.

Mike is a topnotch dealer. I buy from him on a too regular basis and he is a class act. So is the Godfather. Very nice of both of them.

JohnyBoo said:
Mike is a topnotch dealer. I buy from him on a too regular basis and he is a class act. So is the Godfather. Very nice of both of them.

Kudos to Mike, and also Bob at Fireside, who offered the same deal to his customers - no questions free cancellations. It's a very classy move. :clap

If only GG would equal them in respect for customers, we might not have gotten to this point. And I love GG's stuff. And I'm keeping my order - partly because I have the full SW statue collection to date (excluding chrome/intl. etc.), partly because the figure does still have some small merit, and partly because I don't like cancelling anything, if it can be avoided.

I know GG has heard the message, and I know it will end up hurting them - but the lack of any proper response to the full on outrage across the entire web's collecting community is simply beyond amazing. It bottles the mind. ;)

Back