GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB Studios, Hollywood -- Black Friday goin' on y'all!

Just saw Road Warrior again. Such a great film. They should add it to the films in rotation that they use in film school to teach story. I can think of a couple they could have swapped out for its slot.

Re: GDB Studios showing at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood!!!

If you're in the L.A. area this Sunday Dec. 22 I will be selling a bunch of stuff from my personal collection at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood, CA!
[ame]https://youtu.be/-ZSiGJ4mKnw[/ame]

Hey I got myself a brand new camera! It's not one of those fancy-smancy DSLRs but it's a quantum leap forward from the hunk of old tech I had been using. Still figuring out what all the buttons do but I am very happy with it so far! Anyway, here's Carl Weathers... I was tasked with color-matching the head to the body. This came down to anticipating what the final shading was going to be and how to create a base layer lighter and then tweaking it along the way. Then making sure the color still looked like Carl. I would have done a painting tutorial vid of the head to compliment my How-To-Paint-John-Locke vid but just didn't have the time. Next time.

I love this shot. It's like a Playgirl spread from the 70s. (I would imagine.)

Last edited:

And here's the head on the finished body. I can only take credit for the painting.

Hope everyone had a good 4/20 and/or Easter!!

Man I have been busy! Haven't had a chance to do anything that wasn't moving the needle forward on one of my projects. Luckily i can report things have settled down a bit and I have time to do things like post pics of my most recent head paint up. The owner of the head was kind enough to send me a neck stump to color match which, in Vin's case, made my job much easier.
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG

Last edited:
Re: GDB Studios, Hollywood ** 22 Jump Street **

If you ever wanted to see what my work looks like filmed with high-end HD cameras and projected onto the big screen, just head on out to your local theater this weekend and catch "22 Jump Street."

Sony doesn't want us to give anything away so all I can say is that I did some work for the movie.

Edit: So go see it!

Last edited:
Re: Don't Go Through This Thread To See My Work, Just Watch "22 Jump Street!"

Awesome! I watched 21st Jump Street and it was great. Can't wait to see this one!

The BluRay release of 22 Jump Street can't come soon enough!! In the meantime I bought myself some new art supplies and have been playing around with them. Check out a peak of what they allow.

If you ever wanted to see what my work looks like filmed with high-end HD cameras and projected onto the big screen, just head on out to your local theater this weekend and catch "22 Jump Street."

Sony doesn't want us to give anything away so all I can say is that I did some work for the movie.

Edit: So go see it!

Give what away???? It's the same reused story line we've seen 1000 times! :(

Give what away???? It's the same reused story line we've seen 1000 times! :(

I'll be able to talk at length of my involvement after the BluRay and any making-of featurettes are released. But I would think anyone who considers themselves a fan of this custom section would be interested in what the film did wether they are a fan of the genre or not.

Last edited:

Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

Loved the movie and it was awesome seeing my buddy Brent's great work on the big screen. I watched the movie with my brother and I got to brag that I knew one of the contributors to the film.:lol Check this flick out freaks!

Loved the movie and it was awesome seeing my buddy Brent's great work on the big screen. I watched the movie with my brother and I got to brag that I knew one of the contributors to the film.:lol Check this flick out freaks!

Ha! I was real lucky in that, when I met with the studio folks and after I signed the non-disclosure forms, they told me that it was "22 Jump Street" that they were interested in talking about. As a huge fan of the first one, I couldn't have been more thrilled to work on the project. And of course, the second one turned out so epic.

Back