GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB Studios, Hollywood -- Mad Max

Thanks for that! The owner only sent me the one pic. But here's the head I painted. The Dullcote hadn't quite dried before I took the pic.

Re: "Say my name." "You're Heisenberg." "You're goddamn right." -- GDB Studios, Holly

Astute followers will remember the Trevor Grove Heisenberg I painted awhile back. Well, this is the same head but I touched up damn near everything, even repainted the hat. Didn't touch his teeth. But just about everything else.

Last edited:
Re: "Say my name." "You're Heisenberg." "You're goddamn right." -- GDB Studios, Holly

So I'm moving soon and thought it would be a good idea to maybe clear out a few things. So if anyone's interested in the above Walter White or this Predator or an R2 unit or a painted John Locke... Click on the sales link in my signature ;)

0d9516c6.jpg

squinting.jpg

Last edited:
Re: "Game over, man." -- GDB Studios, Hollywood

Looks awesome. A little sweat on his brow would really set it off.

Thanks! Yeah, my instincts were to add some sweat and grime but the owner wanted him clean.

Here's a Juliet at I painted and have added to my sales thread. (If anyone is interested.)

8c1aa1ba.jpg

b6867393.jpg

e709dfbe.jpg

5dcf77dd.jpg

Re: The Chronic of Riddick -- GDB Studios, Hollywood

Just in time for the new movie. I think. I mean I saw a poster at the theatre.
IMG_7115_zpsaa3eea1e.jpg

Re: The Chronic of Riddick -- GDB Studios, Hollywood

Hey Photobucket cut me off until the 4th of August. Said I was using too much bandwith. So what I wanna know is, which one of you mother****ers have been looking at all my pictures!?!

No, wait it was probably all the unedited pics I took from my iPad and loaded in my sales tread. My bad. Speaking of my sales thread, if anyone wants pieces from my personal collection they are at giveaway prices. I just moved and I figured now's the time to clean house.. Painted John Locke, Juliet heads; AvP Elder repaint; custom R2 droids... all close out type deals in post #2 right here. I added pics as attachments in the thread so you can see em if anyone wants em.

So this is temporary. All will be back in a few days.

Last edited:
Re: GDB Studios, Hollywood -- now with pictures!

My pictures are back up! Feast your eyes again on my photobucket hosted pics.

Thanks Brent for one of my grails. Truly a superb paint up. Gonna put this bad boy on a better body... any suggestions?

I have to say, you do some fantastic paint work and you're really funny. So that's like double points. Yeah.

Oh snap! My apologies for being slow in updating the thread. Moved cross town last month and I've been living out of boxes and dealing with setting up the new place. (Last weekend was the first time in 5 weeks where I wasn't dragged to IKEA.)

Last edited:

Thanks Brent for one of my grails. Truly a superb paint up. Gonna put this bad boy on a better body... any suggestions?

Thanks for posting that!

Hot Toys put out a body with sculpted arms awhile back. That's what I've got my other John Lockes on. I think it's the Advanced TruType 16? You could also add a belly suit like the one Coulson comes with.

Take care of that bad boy. He has been the favorite in my personal collection for a long time. Something about the eyes and luminescence of the skin tone on that head...

Re: GDB Studios, Hollywood -- Black Friday goin' on y'all!

Man I need a new camera. The impulse in painting Aykroyd is to over emphasize how the man has two different colored eyes. But that's the thing with people with Heterochromia, they don't have two dramatically different colored eyes. Just two different colored eyes.

Re: GDB Studios, Hollywood -- Black Friday goin' on y'all!

Because I'm not busy ENOUGH, I took up a new hobby this year and created a YouTube channel just for me to embarrass myself. (Don't worry, it is separate from my GDB Studios channel which is dedicated to collecting.) Thought I'd share this video in my show-off thread. I made it very fast and my voice is shot but hey, for everyone who enjoys this thread, here are some Black Friday shopping tips (can be applied to collectible shopping too):
[ame]https://youtu.be/Jua5Cs5Vo_o[/ame]

Back