Gary Oldman in hot water!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, he's been the shining star in some otherwise **** movies, sounds like he's his own harshest critic.

I agree, he should have let the story ride, I don't think he said anything wrong, people are hypocrites, guess no one wants it shoved in their faces tho' :lol

PLAYBOY: The Dark Knight? Harry Potter?

OLDMAN: It was work.

PLAYBOY: Uh, The Fifth Element?

OLDMAN: Oh no. I can’t bear it.
LOL. I had no doubt that this was how he felt for those films, but it's funny seeing him being so blunt and straightforward. I'm surprised he didn't like his performance as Sid or Ludwig Van, though. Those were some pretty phenomenal performances.

I liked Gary Oldman before. I like him even better now.

Like a lot of kids, I spent a lot of my childhood thinking how awesome it'd be to be a star with that kind of profile. Now I appreciate all the s **t that'd go with it.

People need to grow some nards.

Also, since he was adult enough to apologize, saying "It's not good enough", it's now obvious they want to make an example of him. It's getting to the point where if you look at someone the wrong way, you're in trouble.

It's getting out of hand in America.

PLAYBOY: Let’s begin with an impressive factoid. Based on lead and supporting roles, you are one of the highest-grossing actors in movie history, with films earning nearly $10 billion at the box office worldwide. That must feel amazing.

OLDMAN: I suppose it should.

PLAYBOY: Any working actor would want a career like yours.

OLDMAN: Except me.

F you, dude. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF you. What a prat.

F you, dude. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF you. What a prat.

The question was framing his success as an actor purely in terms of how much money he's made. If I were an actor who took my craft seriously I'd be a bit miffed by those sorts of questions too.

The question was framing his success as an actor purely in terms of how much money he's made. If I were an actor who took my craft seriously I'd be a bit miffed by those sorts of questions too.

I guess we've all got out crosses to bear. I hope he's able to sleep at night having to tolerate all of that success.

I don't even get what's controversial about what he said.

Ironically, I just broke the Hot Toys Gordon pistol that was in his holster 40 mins ago. Searched for a replacement on eBay, then see this thread. Imma go play some lottery numbers.

They do run it. Most, if not all are studio execs and producers.

I always think its tacky when actors act like they were slumming when appearing in movies that have a huge fanbase. That being said he's one heck of a professional, for someone who apparently hates every movie he's been in I haven't seen him "phone in" a performance once. He even brought his A game to the new Robocop.

If he didn't apologize, they'd make him do a WWII holocaust movie with Matt LeBlanc. :lecture

I always think its tacky when actors act like they were slumming when appearing in movies that have a huge fanbase. That being said he's one heck of a professional, for someone who apparently hates every movie he's been in I haven't seen him "phone in" a performance once. He even brought his A game to the new Robocop.

He's much like Anthony Hopkins in that respect. Even in a piece of **** like The Rite, a movie that he would have no other reason to do other than pick up a paycheck and get a free trip to Rome, he gives a solid, professional performance.

Well....what was wrong with his apology? What was ''insufficient'' about it?

There's nothing wrong with what he said. Most of those groups that are offended by what someone says about them want the person to donate money to them or one of their causes, then all is well. He'll probably have to kiss their asses and do it.

I HATE PC ********!

I strongly recommend that everyone read that whole interview.

I didn't read some bigoted, racist spouting off...I read a talented, well-spoken man stating his opinion and observations about all of the high level of hypocrisy there is surrounding those issues...in other words,the truth. I wasn't offended....I was elated, that someone who's talent and work I continue to enjoy could speak so plainly and honestly about those issues.

I wish he hadn't felt the need to apologize...I understand why he did, but....it is a good interview. I wish him every bit of continued success....

Seems like he's a bit of a ****. :lol He's pretty darn good in HP and TDK. I'd be pretty proud of it if it was me. :dunno

He's perfectionist for one thing. There are a lot of actors that never like what they've done. Always feel they could do better. Robert Mitchum always said his acting was just a job and there was no art about it at all. Nothing more than a job.

Back