Gambit Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you don't even need glue. You can just push the kinetic card into the hand and it will stay there.

I think you don't even need glue. You can just push the kinetic card into the hand and it will stay there.

Yeah it does stay in BUT I don't want to risk the chance of it slipping out and cracking,breaking,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine broke off as well and cracked the finger holding it as it did. I had to use super glue on mine and black masking tape to secure the finger. Thankfully its all good now.

On a side note mine is a regular edition statue with the exclusive hand which I purchased separately. What I didn't realise before I got the exclusive hand is that the magnets are not opposites so it doesn't attach like normal . They oppose each other. I was not happy when I realised this but I got my tape out again and bob's your uncle -Tape worked.

Gambit PF

Hi guys,

Just found out those incredible PF statues and the first time I saw the Gambit one im totally in LOVE! Too bad im 3 or 4 years too late to get one :( Anyone knows if Sideshow will reproduce them?

If anyone have the Gambit PF and willing to sell it, please msg me, we will have deal done!

Hi guys,

Just found out those incredible PF statues and the first time I saw the Gambit one im totally in LOVE! Too bad im 3 or 4 years too late to get one :( Anyone knows if Sideshow will reproduce them?

If anyone have the Gambit PF and willing to sell it, please msg me, we will have deal done!

Threads merged.

Re: Gambit PF

Hi guys,

They don't reproduce, but I'm sure they will take another swing at him soon with all these xmen releases lately. (Jean and the sentinel)

Jean and Sentinel are 1st timers in those formats though, and don't really have any bearing on another Gambit PF being made. SS doing a 2nd Gambit PF is probably a little less likely than characters who haven't had PFs.

But not impossible. Normally for PF revisits SS likes to do a different costume. A 2nd Gambit PF would probably be in one of his other costumes. He's had a good amount in the comics but none as popular as the black and pink with trench coat.

But check the For Sale section in Commerce and eBay as well, poohdini.

Jean and Sentinel are 1st timers in those formats though, and don't really have any bearing on another Gambit PF being made. SS doing a 2nd Gambit PF is probably a little less likely than characters who haven't had PFs.

But not impossible. Normally for PF revisits SS likes to do a different costume. A 2nd Gambit PF would probably be in one of his other costumes. He's had a good amount in the comics but none as popular as the black and pink with trench coat.

But check the For Sale section in Commerce and eBay as well, poohdini.

Yeah. Maybe a movie pf in a couple of years when he appears in apocalypse or a standalone.

Re: Gambit PF

Hi guys,

No, they will not be revisiting this Gambit PF, your best bet would be the aftermarket or a collector that wants to unload him for quick cash, just keep a eye out or list in the wanted section here on the forums, you never know and for the record I am keeping mine, Poohdini :lol:lol:lol and Welcome to the Show

Al

They're available...just depends if you're willing to fork over the coin.

I understand some price hikes. But seeing some stuff that was less liked/less successful still at a higher price than launch day.

I think too many people get into the hobby and buy stuff only because they want to make money one it. That's the real reason prices rise in this hobby I bet.

I understand some price hikes. But seeing some stuff that was less liked/less successful still at a higher price than launch day.

I think too many people get into the hobby and buy stuff only because they want to make money one it. That's the real reason prices rise in this hobby I bet.

With the older piece, yes, maybe able to do so. Not anymore with the newer stuff I think. Just way too many floating around in the market :)

With the older piece, yes, maybe able to do so. Not anymore with the newer stuff I think. Just way too many floating around in the market :)

I come across people asking for like $450-500 for the hawkeye PF? Or like $400 for the Cap Bucky PF (which seems to be a not so accepted piece). Ludicrous.

I come across people asking for like $450-500 for the hawkeye PF? Or like $400 for the Cap Bucky PF (which seems to be a not so accepted piece). Ludicrous.

Not everyone want to lose money selling on eBay if you don't like the price don't buy it, but those prices are far from ludicrous in my opinion. Have you done the math?

Take bucky for example: $300 statue, (if living in Cali + $30 tax) + $30 shipping from SS to seller, $30 shipping from seller to buyer, eBay fee $40 (10% of $400), paypal fee $12.

A Californian would have paid $442 to get $400 back losing $42. Someone living in other states will lose $12. eBay prices are automatically higher because that's where it needs to be for the seller to break even. Same goes for Hawkeyes at $450 selling on eBay if shipping included. Seller is not making money. Even if those price are not eBay price, they make 10% for all those trouble in 2 years... someone can close their eyes and randomly pick a stock and will likely have better return in that time.

Not everyone want to lose money selling on eBay if you don't like the price don't buy it, but those prices are far from ludicrous in my opinion. Have you done the math?

Take bucky for example: $300 statue, (if living in Cali + $30 tax) + $30 shipping from SS to seller, $30 shipping from seller to buyer, eBay fee $40 (10% of $400), paypal fee $12.

A Californian would have paid $442 to get $400 back losing $42. Someone living in other states will lose $12. eBay prices are automatically higher because that's where it needs to be for the seller to break even. Same goes for Hawkeyes at $450 selling on eBay if shipping included. Seller is not making money. Even if those price are not eBay price, they make 10% for all those trouble in 2 years... someone can close their eyes and randomly pick a stock and will likely have better return in that time.

Don't worry, I'm not buying it. Haha

And when purchasing a statue, it's about the statues worth, yes shipping and taxes ends up going into it. But I'm definitely not paying for shipping from SS to the seller. I understand some people purchase collectibles to turn and sell them for profit. But in my eyes, to use your example above. A $300 brand new statue is worth less when the box is opened. Especially if it's not rare (or liked on a massive scale for the most part) like the hawkeye and cap bucky PF's. So there's a subtraction from $300. And obviously shipping and taxes apply still.

Now if it's a crazy low ES, and it is very well accepted and a "Grail" as people come to call it. Price hikes are understandable. But to ask someone to cover your shipping and taxes from sideshow, "storage fees, then new shipping and taxes to the new buyer on an average to below average (again, going by what seems to be the public opinion on the cap bucky pf) statue IS ludicrous.

People can ask what ever they want for statues, trust me. You see Skaar PF's or other random PFs on ebay for in the thousands. But it is still not a good price by any means.

You can say supply/demand is the reason because the item is sold out. But I'm not a stupid buyer. Supply demand doesn't mean much to me. Quality and worth of a statue does. If you wait long enough, a better version of the statues will probably come, and the prices will then plummet. Or the rare case when value sky rockets. (Which definitely won't happen on the 2 pieces I referenced)

Don't worry, I'm not buying it. Haha

And when purchasing a statue, it's about the statues worth, yes shipping and taxes ends up going into it. But I'm definitely not paying for shipping from SS to the seller. I understand some people purchase collectibles to turn and sell them for profit. But in my eyes, to use your example above. A $300 brand new statue is worth less when the box is opened. Especially if it's not rare (or liked on a massive scale for the most part) like the hawkeye and cap bucky PF's. So there's a subtraction from $300. And obviously shipping and taxes apply still.

Now if it's a crazy low ES, and it is very well accepted and a "Grail" as people come to call it. Price hikes are understandable. But to ask someone to cover your shipping and taxes from sideshow, "storage fees, then new shipping and taxes to the new buyer on an average to below average (again, going by what seems to be the public opinion on the cap bucky pf) statue IS ludicrous.

People can ask what ever they want for statues, trust me. You see Skaar PF's or other random PFs on ebay for in the thousands. But it is still not a good price by any means.

You can say supply/demand is the reason because the item is sold out. But I'm not a stupid buyer. Supply demand doesn't mean much to me. Quality and worth of a statue does. If you wait long enough, a better version of the statues will probably come, and the prices will then plummet. Or the rare case when value sky rockets. (Which definitely won't happen on the 2 pieces I referenced)

Hehe I am not even talking about supply/demand, good or bad statues. I am just saying in my opinion with my math at those price for the statues you named is not ludicrous. Someone selling at those price isn't making money, to ME that's not ludicrous, I might not think they are worth the price, but I still don't think it's ludicrous. It might not sell, because no one like the statues at those price. But I would understand why they were priced at that price. The seller don't need money, they don't mind waiting to not lose money. The same statues that are priced lower just mean the seller really want to sell for whatever reason.

I know from my experience is I will put up a statue for sale once I get bored of it. I will always try to at least break even so that I can fund a new statue. This is always ussually 150 over retail. I am never in a rush to sell. If it sells than great, if it doesn't, it still looks awesome on my shelf :)

That all being said, if for some reason I did lose money, it still wouldn't be that bad, because I would have gotten some enjoyment out of it already. Price of admission :)

This is an awesome hobby though. In general, if you're smart, you could always sell your collection tomorrow and make close to your money back.

I know from my experience is I will put up a statue for sale once I get bored of it. I will always try to at least break even so that I can fund a new statue. This is always ussually 150 over retail. I am never in a rush to sell. If it sells than great, if it doesn't, it still looks awesome on my shelf :)

That all being said, if for some reason I did lose money, it still wouldn't be that bad, because I would have gotten some enjoyment out of it already. Price of admission :)

This is an awesome hobby though. In general, if you're smart, you could always sell your collection tomorrow and make close to your money back.

Yeah. I completely understand about trying to make money back. I mean no one wants to lose money. Haha Personally, the statues I will buy second hand... I expect to go for less than retail. Haha. The only ones I'll buy second hand are the less popular and most likely less expensive ones from the past.

So you would consider someone that opened a statue so they could take pictures for someone to make sure it's not busted before shipping (and to prove to FedEx before shipping the item that the item was packed well/correctly and wasn't broken prior to shipping) second hand? What if said buyer then told the seller oh wait.. i found a better deal sorry for making you open it. What does that do to the value. I would never buy a factory sealed SS statue that's just stupid, in fact those to me should be valued even less.

Back