Gambit Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you would consider someone that opened a statue so they could take pictures for someone to make sure it's not busted before shipping (and to prove to FedEx before shipping the item that the item was packed well/correctly and wasn't broken prior to shipping) second hand? What if said buyer then told the seller oh wait.. i found a better deal sorry for making you open it. What does that do to the value. I would never buy a factory sealed SS statue that's just stupid, in fact those to me should be valued even less.

LOL. What? I wouldn't buy a sealed one either. And based on my expectations, I'd never be buying from someone who never opened the statue until checking before shipping. Because those people are out for one thing, profit...

A $300 brand new statue is worth less when the box is opened. Especially if it's not rare (or liked on a massive scale for the most part) like the hawkeye and cap bucky PF's. So there's a subtraction from $300. And obviously shipping and taxes apply still.

That was directed towards what you wrote there, that really struck a nerve. If you had any experience selling statues you'd understand why.

That was directed towards what you wrote there, that really struck a nerve. If you had any experience selling statues you'd understand why.

Ok, so you took it as literally opened box. I meant if someone uses/displays their statue then decides they don't want it because they don't like it anymore.

And like I said before, I wouldn't buy from the people that are selling sealed box statues. Even if they cut it open to check its condition before shipping. All because those people are out to make a profit. And I'd only buy second hand if it was a deal. Simple as that. I'm sure there's plenty of people that will pay the extra money, but not I. Didn't mean to offend.

I know from my experience is I will put up a statue for sale once I get bored of it. I will always try to at least break even so that I can fund a new statue. This is always ussually 150 over retail. I am never in a rush to sell. If it sells than great, if it doesn't, it still looks awesome on my shelf :)

That all being said, if for some reason I did lose money, it still wouldn't be that bad, because I would have gotten some enjoyment out of it already. Price of admission :)

This is an awesome hobby though. In general, if you're smart, you could always sell your collection tomorrow and make close to your money back.

:goodpost: Agree with everything you said

Hello Guys,

Good news, Just won the Gambit Regular PF on ebay for a price of 980 US Dollar... My question is: is this a good price? Or do I pay waay to much for it??

980 Dollar is a lot money.. but like I said, I have been looking for a while... Your reactions please :)

I've seen cheaper for a reg. I was watching that auction. You can find an EX for that price... That being said, it's value is relative to what you want to pay. Some statues aren't worth 200 lol. I don't think they will do another Gambit, and this one is sought after, so I think you did fine.

Hello Guys,

Good news, Just won the Gambit Regular PF on ebay for a price of 980 US Dollar... My question is: is this a good price? Or do I pay waay to much for it??

980 Dollar is a lot money.. but like I said, I have been looking for a while... Your reactions please :)

Where did you saw one Buttornado?? So I guess for around 1k I could get an ex one.. But the Gambit PF is so hard to find.. Im having my doubts now..

I Really dont know!! What SHOULD I DOOOO!

Whatdo you mean skiman? I dont get it :S

He's asking if it was the exclusive version or the regular. But I saw the listing and it's a regular. In the future, there is an option in eBay to search completed listings. You can get an idea of what items have sold for. It's really useful.

I think you got an okay deal though. It's at a high value right now because of the new movie. But you paid the going rate for now. I saw a couple go for 800, but you never know. In the end I think you will be happy with it .

Well I received some very bad news from the seller, the head is damaged :( see email below:

This afternoon I retrieved the statue from storage to get it ready to ship. I opened the box to inspect it and found that the alternate head had a slight bit of damage (see attached photos). I called Sideshow for a replacement but was told they didn't have one in stock. I brought the statue to a local comic shop and was told this is an easy fix for anyone with model building skills (apparently sand rough edges and paint to match) because it is in the hair area.

Anyway, I wanted to contact you and give you the option of cancelling the auction or I could offer you $50 refund which is a lot more than what I was told would fix it.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The last time (2 years ago) that I inspected the statue it was perfect but I am glad I opened it to check before shipping. It is very minor damage and the rest of the statue is in perfect condition but I do understand if you want to cancel!

This is what the seller said, he also included some pictures of the damaged piece... how much will the worth of this item decrease? Should I still get it for 930 dollar?

damaged head.jpg

Lol, it looks like you gave an out now :)
It all depends on how bad you want it. If you have patience, you can probably get it for around 800. Is it worth hunting for 100 bucks? I personally wouldn't pay that much for it. Another one will come around. Post in the want to buy section.

Yeah, I canceled the auction, even though it could be repainted easily, but Im not gonna pay 1k for a damaged product..

Hope there will be a few more on ebay soon for a better price! thanks for the advices and tips :)

sold Mr. Green's Ex for 1500, free shipping. good luck finding a deal on the Ex. maybe you can find a deal on the reg.

buyer was a little picky on the shipper box but usps had to peel the bar code label. and because Mr. Green didn't tape the Styrofoam back, lol. and charged card wasn't glued tightly on his finger.

Last edited:
sold Mr. Green's Ex for 1500, free shipping. good luck finding a deal on the Ex. maybe you can find a deal on the reg.

buyer was a little picky on the shipper box but usps had to peel the bar code label. and because Mr. Green didn't tape the Styrofoam back, lol. and charged card wasn't glued tightly on his finger.

that's why I am hesitant to sell now. Most nearly of my stuff has small imperfections from SS but when you try reselling an item people are very picky and act like the smallest thing is my fault and I owe them some sort of discount.

that's why I am hesitant to sell now. Most nearly of my stuff has small imperfections from SS but when you try reselling an item people are very picky and act like the smallest thing is my fault and I owe them some sort of discount.

Just get shipping insurance and say upfront that there are no returns. Show as many pics as possible. I hate selling and shipping too. I would love to deal just local.

I can't believe how lucky I am scoring a REG one for $300. Best deal ever for such an amazing statue. Definitely in my top 3 PF's of all time.
photo3_zps118499fe.jpg

photo1_zpsce5b4f49.jpg

Back