Gal Gadot returning for Wonder Woman 3, further muddying what the word “reboot” means

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are dreaming if they think a studio is ever going to cast some thick female wrestler type as WW. And personally I'd much rather watch a sexy supermodel type like Gadot or Carter running around in the armor anyway. And I also think it adds to the magic of the character.

If I have to hear that stupid ass theme one more time . It was cool in bvs but got old very quick once she was in every film
No I think we need to hear that theme a few more times as she slowly rises from a crouched position and cocks her head to the side with a confident look on her face.

;)

No I think we need to hear that theme a few more times as she slowly rises from a crouched position and cocks her head to the side with a confident look on her face.

;)
:lol Oh man, it really is time for Superhero movies to take a 5-10 year break. They're becoming parodies of themselves and even when they're conscious of it and doing irony - that too is tired and predictable. Can't wait for the Superhero fatigue jokes in Deadpool 3.

People are dreaming if they think a studio is ever going to cast some thick female wrestler type as WW.
True. But ...
And personally I'd much rather watch a sexy supermodel type like Gadot or Carter running around in the armor anyway. And I also think it adds to the magic of the character.
... a woman can be athletic and powerful looking without being thick. Wonder Woman has been rendered in the comics as a powerhouse but very well proportioned. I have a friend who's insanely fit (she's a pole dancer) but remains graceful and elegant while having incredible muscle definition and obvious power. She's not that much thicker than Gadot but could snap her like a twig.

You'd have to be dead not to find Gadot stunning and a joy to witness ... but in spite of executing the role well she really doesn't quite look the part as well as someone could. It's a balance thing, though -- I'm sure there are plenty of women who look right but don't have the onscreen charisma she does.

Well not sure if it's her charm or that Israeli accent, but this was the first time the character and her origin story worked for me on any level. I've read various comics and seen a ton of animated versions over the years, and the character just never grabbed me or felt remotely as compelling as Batman and Supes. And Gadot's WW managed to outshine both of them in her very first go.

True. But ...

... a woman can be athletic and powerful looking without being thick. Wonder Woman has been rendered in the comics as a powerhouse but very well proportioned. I have a friend who's insanely fit (she's a pole dancer) but remains graceful and elegant while having incredible muscle definition and obvious power. She's not that much thicker than Gadot but could snap her like a twig.

You'd have to be dead not to find Gadot stunning and a joy to witness ... but in spite of executing the role well she really doesn't quite look the part as well as someone could. It's a balance thing, though -- I'm sure there are plenty of women who look right but don't have the onscreen charisma she does.
I agree, In Sweden we have a comic about a bear who gets his power from eating "thunder honey". Just like WW he doesn't have a ton of muscle definition but instead has a very thick and lustrous fur. If they were to replace him with some younger and bulkier cub, I think I'd prefer to see a new cast allaround tbh...

Attachments

• 76315901.jpg
    76315901.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm well aware that a skilled melee fighter need not be overly muscular and maybe Gadot got some of that in basic. Maybe she has skills, maybe not. Many, many people receive some kind of training in martial arts and most of them are mediocre at best.

I thought I made my point about aesthetics within the context of cinema already, feel free to disagree. :duff

Gal gadot would kick all our asses, she was an instructor in the army so fair play to her. But as ZE says, we're talking about how she looks visually on the screen

Put Gena Carano in the roll. She beautiful, thick and badass. Followed her fighting career until the day she lost. Always thought she was a helluva woman. 😁👍🏼
Likely too “controversial” for Hollywood’s hypocritical standards.

I liked Gal as Wonder Woman despite her not being the best actress in the world ["Kal-El. No!"]
But this latest reboot, 10-year-plan by WB is ******* doomed if this is true.

I thought the studio had FINALLY learned the lesson and would purge everything and start fresh - afterall they have already tried the soft reboot move with Walter Hamada and the result was every movie from Aquaman onwards - and while Aquaman made bank and the first Shazam movie is a decent story, the truth is that its been an unmitigated disaster.
They should have done a clean sweep back then but they didn't and every step of that soft reboot just made things worse.

Now this latest reboot looks to be the SAME THING AGAIN, but somehow WORSE.
I'm a huge nerd and even I'm utterly confused as the what the F is canon, what is relevant, who is staying and who is going - so the chances of the general audience being able to follow it are next to none.
Not to mention that the GA may not even be aware that there IS a reboot coming given that there will be no significant time-gap between the rotting corpse of the DCEU and this Frankenstein's Monster Gunn-verse reboot that will try to carry over as many pieces of the DCEU over as it can.

Utter madness.

Put Gena Carano in the roll. She beautiful, thick and badass. Followed her fighting career until the day she lost. Always thought she was a helluva woman. 😁👍🏼
MMA Carano, sure. Actress Carano? Not even close.

Back