Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collar and the paneling still suck but even this would have been ‘super’:

IMG_2658.jpeg

That looks terrible
Terrible fit
Terrible in terms of the message it’s portraying with the city being destroyed in the background
Terrible in terms of the texture on the suit
Terrible collar
Terrible lines

James Gunn is off to a disastrous start

I understand many of these superhero suits bunch up like the rubber suits that they are - but never have I seen the ‘bunching’ on display like this in an official pic - only have I ever seen this in BTS shots. To show that in literally the first reveal picture is extremely odd - what could possibly be going through their minds… I’m truly baffled

I do like this brighter and sans collar take ( Not mine, from Superark@theHype)
8pbbsl.jpg

Yet if the story is good, for me, most of these details and tweeks should likely be somewhat meaningless and fall away, once we are watching him in motion, and hopefully invested in story and character.

Last edited:
There's so much wrong with the photo that it makes me wonder if James Gunn is a good fit to be handling this film.

Aside from the suit, which it's a mixture of the new 52 suit and the classic costume, it's the message they're trying to send, but failed to accomplish that bothers me.

I think by having him look "tired", beat up, and putting his boots one at a time like he's a regular person going to work, it's a way to move away from Snyder's Jesus/ godlike Superman, and that's a good thing. However, you don't add a huge alien attack on metropolis in the background because it overshadows the message they're trying to get across. It makes it look like there's no urgency and like he doesn't care.

This fan art, besides from having the perfect Superman suit, it does a better job at showing Superman getting ready for work. He's even smiling.

View attachment 701664

Yes! This! This is all I was hoping for. This is perfect. Or just put him back in the Cavill suit. I know reusing the Cavill suit was never in the cards, but that suit (any version of it) was so much better than the one that Corenswet has to wear.

Those bts pics are gonna be atrocious 😂. Everything leading g up to this film is goi g to be super interesting.

I thought Gunn said his main goal was to give the world a happy hopeful Superman after the Snyder doom and gloom. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This dude looks super annoyed that he has to go back out to help humanity.

Looks like doom and gloom to me.

He legit looks very annoyed so much so that he is taking his sweet ass time getting dressed lol

If there's one thing I hate, it's meaningless panel lines. Especially after years of this lazy design style from the MCU.

I've gone back and looked at the image a few times, and think I see that Gunn is going for a quirky, 'workaday' image of Superman to maybe hearken back to some older, playful comic book imagery -- but I also don't think it lands, and I'm still sort of questioning the image ... it looks unfinished.

I think Gunn misses more than he hits, but I'm moderately curious. I won't even consider going to the theatre for this until I've seen some reviews.

Just gonna say it... Gunn an overrated dud.

Guardians 1, is the only great thing he's ever done. Everything else has been by the numbers, average, fodder.
Agreed. I actually didn't like any of the Guardians movies except the Rocket and his friends scenes in GtG3. Didn't like Peacemaker or his Suicide Squad. Though, none of that really matters for them. I gave them my money and/or time for their streaming numbers, so they won anyway. I'm the one who lost with each viewing of a James Gunn directed piece knowing full well that I tend to not like his style :lol

As long as the script is good, I don’t really care if I have little nitpicks with the costume. Do I dislike the collar? You betcha. Do I think the cape might be a little too long for my liking? Sure. Will those matter to me if they portray the character correctly and not as a mopey, angry, one-note delivery, thoughtless murderer this time? Not at all.

There's so much wrong with the photo that it makes me wonder if James Gunn is a good fit to be handling this film.

Aside from the suit, which it's a mixture of the new 52 suit and the classic costume, it's the message they're trying to send, but failed to accomplish that bothers me.

I think by having him look "tired", beat up, and putting his boots one at a time like he's a regular person going to work, it's a way to move away from Snyder's Jesus/ godlike Superman, and that's a good thing. However, you don't add a huge alien attack on metropolis in the background because it overshadows the message they're trying to get across. It makes it look like there's no urgency and like he doesn't care.

This fan art, besides from having the perfect Superman suit, it does a better job at showing Superman getting ready for work. He's even smiling.

View attachment 701664
Damn that does look quite good, and so much more iconic. And it would have been such a breath of fresh air after all the overdesigned superhero suits we've been getting the last 20 years. All you really need is just a bit of texture so the suit holds up on screen and doesn't look like cheap spandex.

Last edited:

Guardians 1, is the only great thing he's ever done. Everything else has been by the numbers, average, fodder.
Agreed. And the only basis he was picked for his role as the head of DC, is his ties to a popular franchise and some pie chart statistics. Zaslav clearly has no real connection to this medium outside the business side. That's why this is doomed to fail.

I agree. Even though I like GOTG1 I would also go as far as to say that is where the seed was planted that humour would become one of the highest priorities in the MCU at the expense of everything else.

As long as the script is good, I don’t really care if I have little nitpicks with the costume. Do I dislike the collar? You betcha. Do I think the cape might be a little too long for my liking? Sure. Will those matter to me if they portray the character correctly and not as a mopey, angry, one-note delivery, thoughtless murderer this time? Not at all.
You're talking about Superman II?

There was nothing thoughtless about Zod's snapped neck.

Back