G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to straighten out Snowy's rifle 3X with heat and cold but it keeps returning to droopyville. Any suggestions?

IMHO, use a pinvise and drill into it. Then slide in a very thin long piece of metal. A pinvise is more helpful with things that are of a smaller scale and you might risk tearing the hole in a direction you don't want. What kind of metal to insert? Not quite sure. In 1/6th, I've used a pinvise and cut up paper clips to fix weapons before. The weapons barrel of some of those Classified figures might be too small to use something like a cut down paperclip.

Technically, you could pinvise both ends, so that negates the need to go too far. But the pinvise drill length depends on the bit, and it won't go forever typically, so you might be limited there depending on the length of the weapon/length of the droop.

That's how I'd tackle it to start. That "plastic" they are using now, I'm not sure heat/cold can fix the problem. Even long term compression won't likely reset it. You need something to stabilize it in the middle IMHO.

What else would I do in this situation?

1) I'd probably just buy some Gridiron or Valaverse weapons. I'd ask @BuddyGus what he'd suggest for Gridiron stuff to see if there's something that can be swapped out and still work

2) I'd gather documentation like receipts, etc, and take photos/copies of that, and mail in the weapons with the copies to Hasbro itself. Tell them you have been a loyal fan and this isn't right. Odds are they will send you some comp stuff to go away. Or store credit if you have a HasLab account, something like that. So I'm not all that keen on reaching out to brands like that, in general, but this is pretty unacceptable for a company with this kind of length of history in making toys and figures.

Good luck ( On an aside, the guy in the video is right, anyone in this hobby, having a pinvise is infinitely useful if they don't have one already for all kinds of reasons)

Last edited:
A pin vise, small sized drill bits (some pin vises come with them stored in the other end but you can buy them in sets or individually), and super glue is how I'd fix a drooping barrel. I have the rifle from Snow Job and the barrel is quite thin (Mine is pretty straight fortunately) You could use a paper clip or just buy thin steel rods that are much harder. Make sure the barrel is straight before drilling and take it slow, you don't want to use a power drill.
I have a number of drooping guns I'd like to fix (Gridiron's "Captain Gridiron" rifle needs to be fixed bad) but I need to set time to take care of them and I'm out of Super Glue and keep forgetting to buy some. When I do, I'll try to take a pic.

Ya I have been meaning to get a pin vise for a while. I have had some luck in the past using tiny bits in my Dremel, but not so much as I increase in age. :lol I like Snowy's gun, but I don't know if it's real world or not. I am good with IDing stock/base models of guns but with all the modern mods and add-ons, it makes it harder.:( So I ended up painting a AF G-36C white since I had an extra.:D
20231009_092929.jpg

Ya I have been meaning to get a pin vise for a while. I have had some luck in the past using tiny bits in my Dremel, but not so much as I increase in age. :lol I like Snowy's gun, but I don't know if it's real world or not. I am good with IDing stock/base models of guns but with all the modern mods and add-ons, it makes it harder.

Looks kind of like a hybrid of a Remington MSR. Hard to say though. I can't see if there's a bolt arm on the right side of Snow Job's rifle, there aren't really photos that go that close and I don't own him.

( This video shows the Airsoft version, if only because it's the video that has the best up close shots of it I can find quickly)

Went to visit family back home in Vancouver and checked out a thrift shop. For $100 I got the Viper three pack, two Crimson Vipers and two Alley Vipers. Super happy with the haul.

Buzzer was my first and favorite Dreadnok. So I just had to jump on the BBTS in-stock opportunity (would have done the same for General Hawk and waited on the others). Fantastic figure and I dig the accessories, even love the smirk from the OG figure.

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 0
Amazon finally delivered my Snow Serpent, and the black was painted off center. Scrapped off the wayward paint and redid the black with a ink pen and decided to also paint the area above the "eyes" then sprayed it with a clear coat, looks much better!
478334-14e062ab27c854288d14c4a74d3f2617.data

A pin vise, small sized drill bits (some pin vises come with them stored in the other end but you can buy them in sets or individually), and super glue is how I'd fix a drooping barrel. I have the rifle from Snow Job and the barrel is quite thin (Mine is pretty straight fortunately) You could use a paper clip or just buy thin steel rods that are much harder. Make sure the barrel is straight before drilling and take it slow, you don't want to use a power drill.
I have a number of drooping guns I'd like to fix (Gridiron's "Captain Gridiron" rifle needs to be fixed bad) but I need to set time to take care of them and I'm out of Super Glue and keep forgetting to buy some. When I do, I'll try to take a pic.
I haven't tried it yet, but my plan is to simply stick a sewing needle into the barrel and carefully shove it all the way through until it disappears. I may pin vise a small hole first just to make it look like a real open barrel firstly.

I haven't tried it yet, but my plan is to simply stick a sewing needle into the barrel and carefully shove it all the way through until it disappears. I may pin vise a small hole first just to make it look like a real open barrel firstly.
I would think with that technique you might have to apply so much force that things may go askew. Drilling and then using a sewing needle would work. I put my planed gun fixing aside because I don't have a drill bit long and thin enough to do the job yet.

Not limited to Joe, but since I am here most often...
Technical question about pinless joints. This can apply to Marvel Legends, AF etc. Bandai has had the technology to do the multiple plastics injection for literally decades, starting with System Injection (Just different colors, but related) then into the Perfect Grades, Real Grades etc. They have a ABS and PP joint system all molded on one sprue, which is the way I think the pinless joints are molded. So I guess my question is what took USA companies so long to use this tech? Costs?

Good luck to all those that want to pre-order the VAMP today.
I think the $99.99 price is perfect and sets up future vehicles like Stinger and VAMP Mark II.
Serpentor and Air Chariot got a lot of flack for $79.99 but both items are unique and won’t hardly use any retooling for other products.
$100 for future possible vehicle/driver combos like AWE Striker, Wolverine, Slugger etc. is perfect IMO.

I love all the extras they included with the Vamp, you can go classic or modern, and they included suspension! It's interesting they gave Clutch a new molded Steel Corps slip on helmet and not a switch out head, the lenses might even be transparent. You can easily buy two of this and have two different looking Vamps and drivers buy just swapping out a couple of pieces.
Great price but after having real car trouble today I'm shy placing a pre-order only to have it charge in two weeks. I hope it doesn't sell out any time soon.

Back