G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 effin' Grunts? Yeesh, that reminds me if the greedy, old days of this line. Especially since they tried to use that Grunt as a troop builder, but how can you do that when his name is plastered on his uniform? Who is he, Private Ryan where he and ALL his brothers are in the service?
They like to print the name tapes on character figures but yeah, it would've been best to leave it off. One reason I like the name printed on there is my Grandfather who served last name was Graves, so I'll use it as a bit of a personal homage on my shelf.
You can easily remove the print with some nail polish remover, apparently you can also use break fluid in a pinch, I'd stay away from paint stripper, it'll melt the plastic.

Finally got around to opening my Snow Job! I love this figure, I still need to put some stickers on my polar battle bear to finish it. Still haven’t open Tunnel Rat or desert Snake Eyes yet, pacing myself. I‘ll have Grunt and Lowlight next week. Expensive couple of weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
HP says I should be receiving new Firefly, Low-Light and Tunnel Rat soon. I’m excited for the retro Firefly, one of my all time favorites Low-Light and my first ever Tunnel Rat figure!!

My local Target had 4 as well, I decided to cook and eat dinner before I went out, I got to the store and asked the lady putting shelves up, she checked it on her device and as soon as she saw what it was told me that there was a guy in there just before me that asked her and bought all 4 Grunts, ugh.

I stop by my local Target probably once a week or so to get household stuff. You want me to check for you if they have any Grunts? LMK.

I stop by my local Target probably once a week or so to get household stuff. You want me to check for you if they have any Grunts? LMK.
Thanks, I did manage to buy two today, I had to ask and the store clerk would only let me have two though. I really like the figure enough that I would like to get two more but only if they're $11.99.

I managed to find a Target that had some Grunts, got two at $11.99!
I have a few nits with the design. The non helmet head is a little larger than other Classified heads so other types of helmet either don't fit or look odd. The ballistic helmet he does come with is a nice design. it looks good on smaller heads like Duke or Action Force.

The guns were a little warped but fixed easily with some heat. The OD green here doesn't match Duke, TF Duke, Stalker, or Breaker, maybe others. Still a nice OD green color. The pouches on the right thigh are upside down on both my figures, just remove and put it on the right way.

My biggest issue is the hands. Painted flesh color fingerless gloves that have a vertical hinge on the left but a horizontal one on the right making him a lefty. Unfortunately the holster is also a left hand rear draw. You can rotate the holster around to the right side and ignore the buckle in the back. The waist here is very small so Action Force belt holsters will be too big, maybe the female ones will fit better. One good thing is the hands will swap out at the wrist with Action Force hands easily!

The neck ball is the new smaller version used on Arctic Bats, Scrap Iron, and Tele-Vipers so head swaps won't be easy with anything but new Classified figures. That applies to the Steel Brigade head. You can possibly switch the lower neck between Classifieds, I haven't tried that. You could make one of these heads fit with blu-tac or hot glue on another body, the heads sit on the ball at the right height on some of my figures like the AF Delta Trooper, they just don't connect.

I like the vest even though the pouches on the belly don't match any known magazine size that I can think of. Maybe WWII .45 Thompson mags. Only way to remove the vest is to heat and pop the arms out at the shoulders. Love the Joe Laser blaster! The M-16 is nice and realistic but an antiquated version with the scope on the carry handle.
Still a very nice figure for troop building especially with the Steel Brigade Corps head. I think I still want a couple more for a squad. If I can find some more on sale I'd buy them!

Got my Big Ben today, looks great but I'm not liking any of the weapons. They're fantasy versions of real guns, the double barrel AR is supposed to be based on the Gildoba Snake however, there's only one ejection port, the two magazines are undersized and the foregrip falls off easily. He only comes with a single magazine so it's either in the gun or in his pouch, not both. The XM250 design is taking a lot of liberties with the details, almost looks like a different gun entirely. And I haven't a clue what the little auto pistol is supposed to be, a mangled Mac-10?
It's a shame they don't strive for more accuracy. I love the base figure though and I hope when they release the regular version of BB, they give him accessories accurate to the original figure, preferably a realistic M240.

I also got my Low Light and my Range Vipers arrive tomorrow with no notice of order fulfillment, Hasbro is just pummeling me with preorders now!
It's too much, I had to cancel a bunch of pre-orders today in case they started to fulfil them.

My Firefly (Target) and Big Ben (Walmart) arrived today ... while another Big Ben (long story) and my Range-Viper were delivered to my office. The downside is that I haven't worked there for nearly 3 months. Though I changed the delivery address online, and the order even references my home address, they still went to the old office. One was sent via FedEx and the other through LaserShip. Walmart gonna Walmart.
:rolleyes:

I’ve read that Walmart, the biggest retailer in the world, doesn’t have the ability to update/change an order once it’s placed. They can just cancel and tell you to reorder. It’s so archaic. They clearly have no desire to bring their website into the modern age. They likely only reluctantly have one to begin with. You’d think with Walmart+ they’d have invested in some basic customer services upgrades too.

Wow, maybe I'm just partial to the theme, but I find that the Classified Tripwire is completely awesome. He gets a robot drone and a rat, plus a heavy armor kit. Obviously I'd want a mini nuke too to defuse, but I'm over the top like that.

When I was a kid, everyone else I knew used him for an extra driver or pilot. Because, well, what can you do with the guy, at least the 80s version. Also no one I knew lost those little mines. I inherited a Tripwire from someone else, and he managed not to lose all the mines, and when I had him for X number of years, I didn't lose them either. I lost plenty of other accessories though.

Tormod S. Skoog! ( That's Finnish? Scottish?)

EDIT: I remember I used to play with another kid, we played Joes all the time. He always got the new ones. So I'd ask him to save the file cards and assemble them before I came over. Because I wanted to read them. I remember one time he had a figure he got from someone else, so he didn't have the filecard, so we got some paper and tried to write one out. So much fun. No taxes, no responsibilities, no expectations, no in laws, no obligations, no sitting in traffic, no getting excited at good produce at the farmer's market, no mortgage, no boss, none of that mess. Just hours making up ways to blow these guys up.

#### growing up. There, I said it. :lol

Last edited:
Added Grunt to the collection. Solid figure. 7 down (including Clutch) and 6 to go for the OG13.

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpg
    IMG_1974.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 0

Wow, maybe I'm just partial to the theme, but I find that the Classified Tripwire is completely awesome. He gets a robot drone and a rat, plus a heavy armor kit. Obviously I'd want a mini nuke too to defuse, but I'm over the top like that.

When I was a kid, everyone else I knew used him for an extra driver or pilot. Because, well, what can you do with the guy, at least the 80s version. Also no one I knew lost those little mines. I inherited a Tripwire from someone else, and he managed not to lose all the mines, and when I had him for X number of years, I didn't lose them either. I lost plenty of other accessories though.

Tormod S. Skoog! ( That's Finnish? Scottish?)

EDIT: I remember I used to play with another kid, we played Joes all the time. He always got the new ones. So I'd ask him to save the file cards and assemble them before I came over. Because I wanted to read them. I remember one time he had a figure he got from someone else, so he didn't have the filecard, so we got some paper and tried to write one out. So much fun. No taxes, no responsibilities, no expectations, no in laws, no obligations, no sitting in traffic, no getting excited at good produce at the farmer's market, no mortgage, no boss, none of that mess. Just hours making up ways to blow these guys up.

#### growing up. There, I said it. :lol

I was always confused by Tripwire, did he pick up the mines or leave them? I'm pretty sure I used Tripwire as a pilot because of the helmet. From all the reviews, Classified Tripwire is a home run, I'm going to pick ne up eventually.

Last edited:
I was always confused by Tripwire, did he pick up the mines or leave them? I'm pretty sure I used Tripwire as a pilot because of the helmet. From all the reviews, Classified Tripwire is a home run, I'm going to pick ne up eventually.

My best guess is the original Tripwire from the 80s came with the three mines ( to pick up) so kids didn't try to come up with something else to "find" that might actually blow up.

Back then, there was a huge black market for fireworks. So it wasn't hard to get M-80s. While those aren't true quarter sticks of dynamite, that was the "legend" behind them. They were certainly powerful enough to hurt a kid who didn't handle them correctly. I'd take a strong guess a lot of kids in the 80s tried all kinds of things with their Joes and firecrackers.

I don't know if @Cryoguns ever tried this, I know he was also a Joehead collector, but we used to stick a firecracker in the space where the waist/codpiece connected to the torso. To see if the Joe would blow up in half ( basically burst the rubber band) Other experiments were putting some kind of fireworks under some kind of container, put a Joe on top, light it, then see if the Joe would fly up. Then there were BB guns. A frequent target of that was Tollbooth. Well, because he wasn't a cool Joe. He had a hard hat and no gun.

I recognize now, as an adult, there were things I did in the 80s that kids just can't do today. Not even close. Particularly the endless fistfights. There would be school expulsions, prescriptions for Ritalin and forced cognitive behavioral therapy or something like that.

I don't know if @Cryoguns ever tried this, I know he was also a Joehead collector, but we used to stick a firecracker in the space where the waist/codpiece connected to the torso. To see if the Joe would blow up in half ( basically burst the rubber band) Other experiments were putting some kind of fireworks under some kind of container, put a Joe on top, light it, then see if the Joe would fly up. Then there were BB guns. A frequent target of that was Tollbooth. Well, because he wasn't a cool Joe. He had a hard hat and no gun.

Ha, I did not subject my Joes to explosives as a kid

However...

The mid-section for the o-ring was frequently stretched to run a sword or spear through them...
My HISS tank driver was melted with a magnifying glass in the sun, and later converted to a Terminator...
Quick Kick was frozen outside during winter, and then chopped out of his ice block with a pitchfork...

Those are the ones I remember, anyway. Most of my childhood Joes were disassembled to make new figures in the late 80s, and all the extra parts were tossed out. I think only the parts for my hooded Cobra Commander and '85 Snake Eyes survived, which I reassembled a few years ago. A lot of my Kenner Star Wars stuff survived, but virtually none of my original Joes.

For anyone who has the new Firefly, is there a place to store his remote control? I don't see any spots. Other than that, an excellent figure and my favorite of the new set of figures I got this week. The head sculpt on the Range-Viper is underrated. It's absolutely sick!

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 0
Hey Scorpio, I just got my Firefly yesterday and nope, I don't see a storage spot. I combined the gear from my two Fireflys because I love the drones. Made the Cobra Island Firefly into an urban soldier.
20231005_224800.jpg

20230928_100503.jpg

Back