G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I like Chuckles and I really want to get him. But exactly like Dr. Mindbender, we’re spending $42 on a $25 figure strictly for the packaging.
Yeah I think I'm out. I cancelled my Serpentor order just before he shipped last week because it's not a good time for me to be spending that much. I hope he has a general release but I'm not holding my breath. Exclusives, crazy prices and removing supply from UK sellers has gradually killed the line for me, but at least I have most of what I wanted. Shame, I love this line. The HasLab is now well and truly out of the question for me too.

G.I. Joe Classified Series Crimson Alley Viper, Collectible G.I. Joe Action Figure (6"), 91

CAV.jpg

G.I. Joe Classified Series Nightforce Jodie "Shooter" Craig, G.I. Joe Action Figures (6"), 90

S.jpg

G.I. Joe Classified Series Mole Rat, Collectible G.I. Joe Action Figure (6"), 94

MR.jpg

I think "Shooter" looks good, but I don't recall her at all. What does she come from? Comics? End of the figure line? RAH got a lot weird toward the end with all the fluorescent colors and I'd bowed out by then. I think I stopped in 1990, with a few here and there, but up to then, I'd been all in.

Shooter was a in joke in the first Marvel GI Joe comic listed in the roster image as a reference to Marvel Editor in Chief Jim Shooter (first comic pro I ever met) who wrote the first treatment on Transformers and put the teams together for both the Transformers and the GI Joe comics, this established the lore for both franchises. Later, Larry Hama while writing the Joe Comics for Devils Due retconned the name to refer to the long lost 14th member of the Original 13 Joes.
I think it's unfortunate he made Shooter a ethnic female instead looking like Jim Shooter. They made Tunnel Rat look like Larry Hama, why couldn't Shooter look like Jim?
Marvel Comics GI Joe 1 Roster with Shooter.jpg

I'm not liking how either Shooter or Mole Rat turned out. Shooter has weird looking shoulders and very thin looking arms, Mole Rat doesn't look like it fits GI Joe, and both have those stupid looking Nerf guns.

I love the Crimson Alley Viper though! I need to get at least two of that one!

.....And yet, two MORE army builders this year!

Shooter was a in joke in the first Marvel GI Joe comic listed in the roster image as a reference to Marvel Editor in Chief Jim Shooter (first comic pro I ever met) who wrote the first treatment on Transformers and put the teams together for both the Transformers and the GI Joe comics, this established the lore for both franchises. Later, Larry Hama while writing the Joe Comics for Devils Due retconned the name to refer to the long lost 14th member of the Original 13 Joes.
I think it's unfortunate he made Shooter a ethnic female instead looking like Jim Shooter. They made Tunnel Rat look like Larry Hama, why couldn't Shooter look like Jim?
View attachment 649708
Sounds like they missed the mark there purposely. Maybe we'll find out in the next Pulse video drop.

Sounds like they missed the mark there purposely. Maybe we'll find out in the next Pulse video drop.
There's no mistaking the intentions behind how they decided to describe "Shooter", I don't have an issue with a character like that, I just greatly prefer a character based on Jim Shooter. I think he deserves a tribute like that.

Scrap-Iron just got delivered from HP today and I gotta say he's probably my favorite figure of the year so far. Incredible detail, a near perfect homage from 1984 and absolutely loaded with accessories. I'd like to pick up another one so I can have both drones flanking the HISS.

I also backed the Dragonfly today. It's getting very picky when it comes to what Classified I get and the ones I pass on. I couldn't miss this one.

I'm just missing the new Firefly and a Wild Weasel to complete my Cobra Command from 1982-1985.

Attachments

• IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 0
Dragonfly got extended by 24 hours due to the countdown clock being off a day throughout the entire campaign. Good call, even if it doesn’t need it to unlock any additional tiers. Hopefully this way nobody gets screwed by a wrong date.

Dragonfly got extended by 24 hours due to the countdown clock being off a day throughout the entire campaign. Good call, even if it doesn’t need it to unlock any additional tiers. Hopefully this way nobody gets screwed by a wrong date.
Cobra Commander: "NO, NO! Destro, do something!"

Got my Walmart figs through pulse. Pretty easy.
Awesome! I blanked on HP but was able to pick up one of each through Walmart.
Good thing for me is I open my figures so as long as I get all of its contents, not really tripping on the shape of the boxes.

30 minutes till that helicoptor Haslab ends, and I'm deciding against it =/ If that last figure would have been someone special and not Janky Legs, then maybe. If it would have been Gen. Hawk, or even a Scarlett or Lady Jaye redux, I would have. But not Knuckle Legs =(

30 minutes till that helicoptor Haslab ends, and I'm deciding against it =/ If that last figure would have been someone special and not Janky Legs, then maybe. If it would have been Gen. Hawk, or even a Scarlett or Lady Jaye redux, I would have. But not Knuckle Legs =(
Glenda is a Scarlett redux.

More specifically, then, a Scarlett do-over
Well the Glenda body is essentially a pre-paint of a classic Scarlett body. So we should be seeing a redo of her in the next couple years, if not sooner. Hard to say if classic Scarlett has been planes first and Glenda a quick reuse of that body or if Glenda is first, paving the way Scarlett. Either way you didn’t have to back a copter to get her, so that’s good. :)

I regret not being able to get Wild Bill more than anything else. But, yea. If that third figure reveal would have been someone special, then I would have bit. But they give us Moose Knuckle? Blech...

Back