Futurama returning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a bad way? I was really looking forward to these new episodes, but I haven’t been loving them. Really hope things start to get better.
In a bad way, it just feels out of place and desperate. This one is literally about Amazon but in the future.

I love Futurama. I adore it. Philip J. Fry is one of my all-time favorite characters.

But man. This latest batch of episodes is truly terrible. Almost completely void of humor, or even a spark of life. It's dismal. I'm watching them out of sheer loyalty, but it's a struggle to get through, even at 22 minutes each.

I love Futurama. I adore it. Philip J. Fry is one of my all-time favorite characters.

But man. This latest batch of episodes is truly terrible. Almost completely void of humor, or even a spark of life. It's dismal. I'm watching them out of sheer loyalty, but it's a struggle to get through, even at 22 minutes each.
I’ve enjoyed the Christmas one so far, because it’s the only one that felt like a Futurama episode.

Why am I not surprised. Current year writers/studios cannot bring back beloved franchises without first sucking out all the creativity and humor. Probably all to play safe with current sociopolitical environment. I had zero expectations for the revival so maybe I might end up enjoying it more than everyone else.

I just watched the Christmas special and it finally felt like they are back the form. I hope the next few episodes can keep this going.

I actually turned it off. First Futurama episode I've ever not been able to finish.

What the **** did I just watch?

I didn't think it was possible, but the nonsensical vomit I just subjected myself to for 22 minutes was somehow worse than the wretched "vaccine" episode.

The last episode of this batch was the only one worth watching, in my opinion. It's the only one that even came close to resembling Futurama of old, and even then, the premise has been done before in an earlier episode of Rick and Morty.

If I ever do a complete rewatch of the whole series, this is the only one I'll watch from this run.

Yeesh. Last week's was hands down the most wretched excuse of an episode I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

I watched the first episode or 2, found it very meh and never came back. Seems that was the right choice.

Back