Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The soundtrack from MM2 I put in the same epic category as the music from SW, Indy, STM, Jaws, Good Bad Ugly, CTB, Predator, Godzilla, Halloween, Exorcist, The Thing, Robocop, Terminator and Aliens it is so underrated and under appreciated.

What makes it so epic is that just like with the other greats you can picture the exact scenes in your mind where the music plays.

You forgot Conan the Barbarian

Miller's not getting any younger, maybe he's in a hurry to get this and The Wasteland out.

Also, I guess the Hemsworth/Taylor-Joy star power isn't enough.
I was excited but guarded and I do think that parts are better than Fury Road but the digital stuff really hurts it.

It’s still overall better than Thunderdome but at least Thunderdome has all real stunts with no digital background plates.

If it wasn’t for those dastardly kids!

Opening to Thunderdome is super cringe.

Max hit in the head by a flying plane wheel and not even hurt one bit. :slap

Then airplane dad jumps out of a moving plane and lands perfectly in the car seat! :slap

Then the silly looney toons skit of putting a ton of weapons on the table before entering Barter Town. :slap

Yup, Furiosa is indeed better cgi and all.

Haven’t seen it yet, looking forward to it, and could not care less how financially successful it is.

I for one could not be happier that George was able to trick a studio into bankrolling another one of his movies that will create less than expected shareholder value.

Haven’t seen it yet, looking forward to it, and could not care less how financially successful it is.

I for one could not be happier that George was able to trick a studio into bankrolling another one of his movies that will create less than expected shareholder value.
YES! this exactly. Miller never disappoints. Never.
His worst films are better than most the garbage you see today.

You got wonder what hold he has over today's execs thou. He gets away with making these films , fairly low appeal to mass audiences , get big big names stars, and financially they are never huge till later with the cult following...

But Some how he get bankrolled, at the same time as Bad Boys 3 is....it's a wonder.

Wasn't a trick, WB were only exposed for $98M of a $233M budget. The (ill-guided) Australian regional and national governments gave a collective $135M to WB to film it in Australia.

WB will be laughing all the way to the bank, but the Australian government(s) might be reeling over its box office result.

I've cleaned up the thread. Do not call people names. If the person, or people, are not members of this forum, it doesn't mean it's fair game to call them names. Just be civil.

Now, if you've seen the movie, and would like to discuss it, feel free.

I still can’t believe that the opening scene of the movie involved a forest that is clearly a set with digital background.

Mad Max is synonymous with REAL!

Open the movie with real cars and environments AND THEN let the digital stuff come in later.

Just knock out the first important scene with everything being real it’s Mad Max for crying out loud!

I guess they never heard the saying “You never get a 2nd chance at making a great 1st impression!”

I am so furiosa.

Wor-Gar when you watching this. :tap

Last edited:
I wonder what made Miller go from the decision to use CGI very conservatively in fury road, mostly just to enhance the practical effects, to completely overusing it to the point of it being a distraction in this.

I wonder what made Miller go from the decision to use CGI very conservatively in fury road, mostly just to enhance the practical effects, to completely overusing it to the point of it being a distraction in this.

Fury Road was a brutal production not just with the actors fighting or being super late to set but also because of the weather, vehicles stuck in the mud etc.

Miller using cgi was a way to avoid going thru something that crazy again he is not young anymore.

Fury Road was a brutal production not just with the actors fighting or being super late to set but also because of the weather, vehicles stuck in the mud etc.

Miller using cgi was a way to avoid going thru something that crazy again he is not young anymore.
I guess I can understand that. It's just such a drastic shift.

It might also be because this was a much more epic story that involved a lot more than just a vehicle chase through the desert. And so they probably needed to take some extra shortcuts to get all the shots done and the movie completed.

Back