Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, Cameron just announced two days ago that Avatar 3 comes out Christmas 2025 now?!? Aaargh he's doing it again!! :gah:

:banghead
He's afraid to face Oscar-nabbing 'Mastermind' George Miller...

...as well as master visualist Villeneuve...

Neither will make money but both will be Oscar contenders for best director and best film... which likely means Cameron would get bounced if he went into 2024 with Avatar 3: I burnt myself
.....or ironwez20 is right and he's afraid of Sonic The Hedgehog 3 lol....

I believe he's a young Immortan Joe.

But Joe is in this, no?

furiosa.jpg

I mean obviously he is?

Looks amazing, but its GM so we al know to expect greatness.

Personally it looks like Furiosa will be the prize in a race between Joe and Helmsworths character, who I believe is a new antagonist.

Some how Furiosa becomes respectsd enough by Joe to become Imperator.
So perhaps we get go see Joe as a hero initally , and his slow slide to dictatorship?

Helmsworth looks to be playing that crazy type of Mad Max character , who is charming and nutty with a strong violent streak.

Yep, that's my takeaway too. Although I may not go as far as a heroic Joe -- just two "villains" at odds with one another for power.

The picture I posted from the teaser seems to imply that in classic "confrontation" framing.

Yep, that's my takeaway too. Although I may not go as far as a heroic Joe -- just two "villains" at odds with one another for power.

The picture I posted from the teaser seems to imply that in classic "confrontation" framing.
Oh yeah, well "hero" in the sense of the lesser of two weavils.

1701466167035.gif

meh give me a $100 million dollar old man Mel Gibson lead Mad Max movie over this cgi landscape.

Imorton Joe was cool looking but make no mistake about it he was a lame villain in a lame movie where he literally waited on the side of a hill for the possibility that Max would return, go watch that scene again it’s pathetic.

Fury Road tried way too hard to have Max moments yet lots of it came off feeling corny or forced.

I’ll eventually give FR a rewatch to try and see the positives I know they’re there but ultimately will it be enough to change my mind.

I didn’t need a Furiosa prequel what I wanted was a Gibson Max sequel before he becomes Harrison Ford.

I'm a fan of Miller and Anya-Taylor, but the trailer failed to inspire me, and somehow, I doubt Miller will be able to recapture the magic of Fury Road.
Still, I'll be seeing this in the theaters.

meh give me a $100 million dollar old man Mel Gibson lead Mad Max movie over this cgi landscape.
Omg yes!!!!!!!!!!!
Imorton Joe was cool looking but make no mistake about it he was a lame villain in a lame movie where he literally waited on the side of a hill for the possibility that Max would return, go watch that scene again it’s pathetic.
I never got the love for Joe. I remember some on this thread a long time ago posting he would go down as the greatest film villain ever. :lol
Fury Road tried way too hard to have Max moments yet lots of it came off feeling corny or forced.
Not sure I got that feeling
I’ll eventually give FR a rewatch to try and see the positives I know they’re there but ultimately will it be enough to change my mind.
A second viewing helped me a lot. It’s still no Road Warrior but it’s the 2nd best in the franchise. But man what a huge disappointment on first viewing and I even liked the guitar guy :lol

If Mad Mel were in it I’d like it more.
I didn’t need a Furiosa prequel what I wanted was a Gibson Max sequel before he becomes Harrison Ford.
Yeah that would have been nice but will any big budget film risk casting our favorite insane, slightly racist movie star again :lol

I love that my two fav actresses ever play the same role. That’s kinda cool.

Overall the trailer looks meh. To much CGI

But I love the universe and hope to be entertained.

You definitely need to revisit FR. A different vibe than the Mel trilogy but a worthy and visually stunning action epic regardless.

Get yo honky ass in that Minus One theater ASAP!
Dude I was literally counting the days to Minus One and then last night watching the football game an ad for Silent Night came on and my John Wick loving son demanded that we see that instead today, lol. Given that John Woo is one of my favorite directors of all time how could I say no. Heading out in a few hours!

Back