Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spooktacular 2014

my rock slipped out of my hand and smacked me in the mouth

I am done playing with my rock for now

Hahahahaha. All that. I said "candy" and right away Veil gets it right.
:lol

I'll be nicer for my next contest, promise
You certainly couldn't make it any more difficult! :wink1:

I love that Veil snuck in and just sniped that contest! My brain was going a totally different direction for the clues.
After we racked our brains last night! :lol

:lol I was at work, read the riddles over before leaving, got a headache and just drove home :lol

20+ pages for people waking up tomorrow and the elimination of about 30 people from the poster contest over Skittles :lol :rotfl :lol
:lol

What does Skittles have to do with a potato?
Potato flavored Skittles? EW!

This is why I love my lady. I left the house this morning with my newly won T-800 like this

View attachment 141523

I finally just got home from work and found this

View attachment 141524
:rotflGood thing she didn't break Arnie though, or she'd be your ex-wife... Does she collect Barbies, or she just grabbed your daughter's?

The funny thing is it totally wasn't. I figured with a tough riddle I wouldn't get rampant wild guesses. I thought that saying "guess the candy that is my cat's name" or "guess my cat's name" would have blown the board up more. I calculated wrong.

Anyways... the first riddle was a potato. The second riddle was all referring to letters and their placement to give you S. The third riddle "little without one of them" meant little without one of the letters. "Two more of two" meant to of the second riddle's answer, so two more S's... bookending something special. I capitalized Special to be Special K.... I admit that one was really out there. Anywho... Little minute an L, add in two S's and a K. Skittles. The fourth riddle was to mean my Cat. He drives me crazy but I love him. No hat (cat in the hat), No boots, (puss and boots - which someone did guess), no clothes, but needs thread... cats love playing with string.
Oh, is that it?
:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

I tried to wait for you! :wink1:

GREAT!

Okay, looks like this is as good a time as any to post this...

28s5952.jpg

11c8pid.jpg
For my third (final?) contest, I have compiled a list of horror movie sound clips.
2e0v4wp.gif

Starting now, I will be including these mystery horror movie clips in some my new posts, but all in this thread.

I may post one sound clip or two, three or even four clips per post or maybe... none at all. However, when I do, the link will be in bold type and of course numbered and lettered ie: A1, B2, C3.

Click the number, listen to the clip and identify the clip. If the clip contains a quote, name the movie its from.
If its only a sound, then name the character making that sound.

The person who correctly identifies the MOST clips, and pm's them to me FIRST...WINS.

PM your answers with the corresponding clip # to me after the LAST clip is posted. Do not post the answers in the thread, please.

There are 30 clips total, and they will not be posted in numerical order.

What about the prize you ask? Well, the winner will have the choice of...

or...

TWD Charred Zombie fig, Zombie Chia, and TWD brand new frosted pint glass
1z1bpev.gif

And here we...go.

A4
Neat contest, but I don't have time for that while at work... Congrats to whoever wins!

Sweet contest :rock

I have no chance!
Exactly.

That was exactly how I won my Galadriel PF in my first Spook...I was the 2nd person to answer, a split-second after the first person, but I had the answer fully spelled out correctly (I think it was the movie title, I had said "The Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring" and the other guy had said just one part of it). I pointed that out and the person running the contest (Chicky?) said something to the effect of "You know, you're right, you win one too!"

Caught her on a good day, I guess.
I'd say! Congrats! I won a SW contest from Dennis once many years ago, where I misspelled a last name. He let me get away with it. Chicky probably would not. :lol

Really neat contest idea averagejo!

However, I can't listen to sound clips while at work, so would be way behind, plus I'm not really that excited about either prize, so I'm bowing out.

Have fun folks!

And get ready...I hope to have this years Mort patch prototype ready to reveal, so my first contest should be soon.

I'll be doing them here and in chat.
:yess:

Really hard getting involved with contests from over the pond.
Receiving or giving prizes via mail is impractical.

I might do something for a $25 PayPal Gift later if anyone is interested :huh
Sweet! :hi5: That could help my Ebay addiction!

Boba Ben's Creative Writing Contest

Okay. I'm holding a contest. I'll leave it open over the weekend so everybody should hopefully be able to participate if they want to. The winner will get a 12" vinyl Godzilla 1989 figure by X-Plus from my personal collection.

I love short horror stories, but I don't have a ton of time right now. That's where you come in. Quote this post and respond with your best one to two sentence short horror story. The one that I find the creepiest and most bone chilling wins. One entry per person, please.

Here's an article you can read for inspiration:
21 Chilling Two-Sentence Horror Stories to Creep You Out - Dread Central

Here's a blurry photo I took of the figure.
Cool contest, but I'm out! :lecture

So I opened up the prize pack I won from fury, and it was certainly loaded down with a bunch of stuff!

I got several books, the previously alluded to Star Wars VHS tapes, and a Conan statue from Dark Horse! All very cool, and very generous of fury! Thanks!

Question for the board: I took a picture of the loot with my iPhone, but am having a bear of a time uploading it to post. Any ideas why?
Cuz iPhone sucks? :monkey3

Give away your blue mug and make Kenbenobi happy.
Fixed! :lecture

That is my intention. Contest in chat tonight! 6 PM PST... :horror
I'll be there, but I ain't playin for no orange mug. You gotta step up your game! Make it blue, or don't make it at all! :monkey3
Seriously though, I'm just looking forward to chat... It's easier to communicate that this thread, when there is a lot of activity...

Busy day at work already.... Had a student attack me with a pencil and had a chair thrown at me! Happy Friday!
Oh snap! Did you get him thrown in jail? That's attempted murder!!!

That's where I messaged, and she replied. 5 was the only one wrong for me.
Same here.

I tried Catwoman and haven't heard back either but apparently she semi confirmed it on Twitter

Back