Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add my 2 cents, I don't think we can really compare the pics even to the game models.

Unless we know the details of the camera lenses used to take the promo pics then there is no point even putting them side-by-side due to the difference in distortion caused by the lens' focal length and the distance to the subject giving us a discrepancy in perspectives. Not until the actual release when people have the figure in-hand can we objectively judge it.

Here's a quick google search for samples of pics taken at different focal lengths showing the difference in distortion. Notice how certain facial features appear bigger or smaller depending on the lens/distance from subject:
1687988974581-png.647261

With all that said, I can't wait to receive the figure :)

Attachments

• 1687988974581.png
    1687988974581.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 626
Last edited:
I imagine what people are suggesting is not really about the "sculpt", but the facial expression. People have been comparing the default Tifa head to pictures of Tifa actually smiling or emoting in a different way and not just a static default neutral expression. A smile, a frown, and other forms of facial expressions can change how someone is perceived. Yes, her headsclupt might be accurate to the 3D model of Tifa's head in the game, but Tifa is known for being a very positive, gentle, and almost always smiling character, so that's the facial expression people want to see this Tifa have, not just a default somewhat smiling one. A smiling face with somewhat raised eyebrows evokes a feeling that she's happy and relaxed. A serious face with eyebrows slightly going down to form a U or a V shape evokes she's battle ready. A face with her eyebrows raised more than normal with a mouth that's slightly smiling while opened, suggests the emotion of being happily surprised. Expressions can be shown with very little change to the positions of the eyebrows, mouth, the corners of the mouth, how wide the eyes are opened or squinted, and more.

I've always wondered why most toys in the 1/6 scale rarely have extra headsculpts/face plates. The only 1/6 toy I have with multiple headsculpts is my Zworld/Zctoys Mr. Bean. He has a neutral naughty face, a surprised face, and a normal face. It would've been awesome if this Tifa also had multiple faces/heads to show her beautiful facial expressions.

455567-1687890516043.png

This has gone far beyond "normal critique" and entered weirdness territory.
Yeah, but I didn’t say that that was normal. What I’m saying is that acting like ALL of the critiques are like this is disingenuous. And, ironically, that is exactly what happened here.

I said “saying the paint is a little flat is a normal critique”, and you countered with someone’s attempt at the Golden Tifa Ratio lol

I just personally think even if you dunk on people being ridiculous, we still should leave room for NORMAL critiques, because that’s a healthy relationship between a consumer community and a brand. If we’re never pleased, the brand has no reason to continue. If we’re always universally pleased, the brand has no reason to improve.

The debate about Tifa is endless. There is no figure product in the world that satisfies everyone. If you don't like GT's Tifa, ask a personal figure artist to make it to your liking. The cost will be more than 10 times more expensive than the GT's Tifa price.

The debate about Tifa is endless. There is no figure product in the world that satisfies everyone. If you don't like GT's Tifa, ask a personal figure artist to make it to your liking. The cost will be more than 10 times more expensive than the GT's Tifa price.
"BuT i sHouLdN't HAvE tU Du tHAtTt fOr tHaT PRiCeEee"🤦🏾‍♂️

Yeah, but I didn’t say that that was normal. What I’m saying is that acting like ALL of the critiques are like this is disingenuous. And, ironically, that is exactly what happened here.

I said “saying the paint is a little flat is a normal critique”, and you countered with someone’s attempt at the Golden Tifa Ratio lol

I just personally think even if you dunk on people being ridiculous, we still should leave room for NORMAL critiques, because that’s a healthy relationship between a consumer community and a brand. If we’re never pleased, the brand has no reason to continue. If we’re always universally pleased, the brand has no reason to improve.
Pretty much this. Critiquing is meant to help inspire a company to do better and be better. Feedback helps them evolve their craft. If you just mindlessly consume… you’re going to end up with mediocrity at some point.

Look at Asmus. They’ve come a long way. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. For the most part, they seem to take all the many criticisms they receive in stride. They use it to hunker down and make something even better. Should people maybe not be so harsh at times? Of course.

And I don’t really think anyone is ******** on this GT Tifa figure. Not that I’m seeing. Suggesting that is just laughable. The sculpt is almost perfect. It’s got one flaw, in my opinion.

The facial expression itself could be a bit more pleasant, but whatever. I’m expecting Aerith to be mostly the same in that regard and that’s okay. The only thing actually wrong with the figure is literally just the paint. And even then, only a minor bit of it.

some people tried it,4-5k rmb for 1 tifa head. in the end still buy gt tifa. some who bought pt tifa also order gt tifa. because gt have the best mass production ff series figure in current market. and i believe some of those who said the gt tifa is a disappointment/trash/subpar will still preorder it,even though they said wont preorder it. lol

Is anyone actually saying that though? Because that would be delusional. Even the PAK figure isn’t “trash.” Is it the prototype? Definitely not. But the revisions were pretty damn decent. Sorry for the first batch folks though. 😂

some people tried it,4-5k rmb for 1 tifa head. in the end still buy gt tifa. some who bought pt tifa also order gt tifa. because gt have the best mass production ff series figure in current market. and i believe some of those who said the gt tifa is a disappointment/trash/subpar will still preorder it,even though they said wont preorder it. lol

Walter I agree with you 100%. For those who want 3D modeling of Tifa in the game, please purchase the 3D hologram figure. I have one question. Can I watch the AC Cloud review video in July??

Attachments

• 다운로드.jpg
    다운로드.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 0
everyone is super critical on their waifu character...
I guess everyone has their own impression on what the perfect Tifa is..
For me.. I am generally about the overall likeness in a glance....
not super critical, anyway, it will be displayed on the shelf together with other figures..
at a glance, it will be a very nice collection, no need to be critical on the 1mm differences with the game model.

It really has nothing to do with her being a waifu. Maybe to some, but even then, it’s a stretch?

People are just as critical about the 1990s TMNT figures not looking like cross-eyed nitwits. When we love these characters, we want the best representations possible. That’s why half the people in this hobby immediately sell off the most recent Hot Toys figure(s) when a 2.0 or a 3.0 is announced.

Some people seem to forget what hobby we’re in. These aren’t Walmart toys. Hell, even still, I’ll sit there in Walmart and Target and analyze which of the same figure has the better paint job before walking out with something. 😂

What's disingeneous is pretending that the criticism here was "paint is a little flat". Maybe check the last several pages. We've had image comparisons where the face is 99.5% the same and then calling the product a failure. The differences are so tiny they can be attributed to lens perspective and QC. I'm a critical consumer but this is something else, and it didn't happen with any of their male figures (and I repeat, neither Cloud, Sephiroth or Zack looked more accurate than Tifa).

Get some perspective. Look at the crap Square Enix releases and other third party companies, then you'll realize how remarkably accurate this figure is. How much more improvement do you want? My response as a company to this ridiculous "criticism" would be to no longer release female figures. Much easier money just making males. No complaints about eyebrows being 1 mm too far to the right or lips not being soft enough, no golden ratio face analysis, no demands for silicone genitals.

What's disingeneous is pretending that the criticism here was "paint is a little flat". Maybe check the last several pages. We've had image comparisons where the face is 99.5% the same and then calling the product a failure. The differences are so tiny they can be attributed to lens perspective and QC. I'm a critical consumer but this is something else, and it didn't happen with any of their male figures (and I repeat, neither Cloud, Sephiroth or Zack looked more accurate than Tifa).

Get some perspective. Look at the crap Square Enix releases and other third party companies, then you'll realize how remarkably accurate this figure is. How much more improvement do you want? My response as a company to this ridiculous "criticism" would be to no longer release female figures. Much easier money just making males. No complaints about lips not being soft enough, no golden ratio face analysis, no demands for silicone genitals.
But a lot of the original criticism here was - and a lot of it still IS - “something about it/the paint application doesn’t look right”, and the reaction to those critics is the same as people doing the golden ratio. It’s disingenuous to act like EVERY criticism boils down to the same nonsense.

Look, I literally put my own Tifa together years ago using NONE of the supposed-to-be-Tifa heads on the market because I thought every offering I could find chose to make a generic pretty woman rather than offering up the cool lady monk figure I actually wanted. I understand the struggle to get anything even remotely resembling a cool Tifa, and I even completely understand being defensive of GT Tifa because of that. But seriously, you have people going “her expression is neither smiley nor fierce” or “her lip paint looks kind of weird” and they’re getting told they must want to kiss an action figure because someone else on a completely different board made a golden ratio graph. That’s silly.

Edit: You know, I think I don’t care about this as much as the people who are genuinely (understandably) worried this is a sexism issue, so honestly it doesn’t feel worth continuing on this point. I still think it’s unfair to not just target specific dumbros to ridicule instead of just blanket assuming someone’s motive behind a (normal) comment because they don’t like an action figure. but I get WHY that’s happening so I’m like. eh. if we’re gonna keep the brand on its toes might as well do the same for the community. have at it

Last edited:
But a lot of the original criticism here was - and a lot of it still IS - “something about it/the paint application doesn’t look right”, and the reaction to those critics is the same as people doing the golden ratio. It’s disingenuous to act like EVERY criticism boils down to the same nonsense.

Look, I literally put my own Tifa together years ago using NONE of the supposed-to-be-Tifa heads on the market because I thought every offering I could find chose to make a generic pretty woman rather than offering up the cool lady monk figure I actually wanted. I understand the struggle to get anything even remotely resembling a cool Tifa, and I even completely understand being defensive of GT Tifa because of that. But seriously, you have people going “her expression is neither smiley nor fierce” or “her lip paint looks kind of weird” and they’re getting told they must want to kiss an action figure because someone else on a completely different board made a golden ratio graph. That’s silly.
That "normal criticism" only came after several members complained about pages of text and image essays about her lips or expression not being soft enough. It just gets tiring to read. Normal criticism is good, but that's not what's happening with this figure.

I can't wait for the dissertations and PHD theses about the softness of Tifa's lips when the figure releases.

I have my complaints on it but I just find it funny people were very hyper focused on the lips yet continue to give the somewhat voluptuous body a pass. A lot of time was spent revising the sculpt but effort was also given to develop that "unique" body. So yeah... it does come out as wanting to have that waifu figure with all that PhD dissertation (as somebody said) on the softness of the lips and expression.

GT's Tifa being studied under a microscope but that Barret gets a passing mark. 💀 It's rough out here.
Barret is the only 1/6 figure of this character we have on hand that no-one expected, made by an almost "no-name" company, all for $170.

Tifa is the figure everyone's been waiting for, already produced many times by low-cost companies with consistently poor results, but this time made by GT, a company of excellence whose 1st proto shown was perfect, all for $344.

I'm sure you can understand the nuance ;)

Edit: You know, I think I don’t care about this as much as the people who are genuinely (understandably) worried this is a sexism issue, so honestly it doesn’t feel worth continuing on this point. I still think it’s unfair to not just target specific dumbros to ridicule instead of just blanket assuming someone’s motive behind a (normal) comment because they don’t like an action figure. but I get WHY that’s happening so I’m like. eh. if we’re gonna keep the brand on its toes might as well do the same for the community. have at it
Good summary.
The main criticism here is the paintwork on certain parts of the face, something that GT can easily fix.
As for the rest, we can't say enough about the quality of this Tifa GT, which shatters everything else out there by far.

But some like to try to pass for clowns those who criticize respectfully and legitimately, it's pitiful.

When you see GT's 1st proto, you know what they're capable of, which is why we have to point out the few minor adjustments that would turn their current Tifa into a perfect product, because there's not much to do about it.

We're not trolls or fanboys, just big fans of Gametoys, which is the only brand that matters to FF.

Last edited:
Oooof this has been straight up analysis paralysis for the Tifa figure. Idk, I think it looks amazing and was an instant preorder. Moving on..

I can't wait to see more Noctis! Im so down for the Versus version! Can we see an up close image of the sculpt? I really want to see his red eyes! Thanks for the consistent updates Walter. We really appreciate your communication with us. Its awesome being able to speak directly with a figure company and get inprogress photos so often. A new AC Cloud or Noctis pic has helped improve an otherwise bad day many times.

I can't wait to see more Noctis! Im so down for the Versus version! Can we see an up close image of the sculpt? I really want to see his red eyes! Thanks for the consistent updates Walter. We really appreciate your communication with us. Its awesome being able to speak directly with a figure company and get inprogress photos so often. A new AC Cloud or Noctis pic has helped improve an otherwise bad day many times.
me too! can't wait to see Noctis Versus version! I hope its not just an alternate outfit but actually one with the red eyes !

Back