Final Fantasy VIII HD Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoah seriously??! Im kinda ok with this cause i didnt have the time to finish the game back then :lol

Awesome news. I always liked FF 8 back in 2000. I actually got close to finishing it but decided to call it quits for some reason :lol.

Eh Wha? I thought everyone wanted VII? I never finished VIII, nor IX.

I remember when I was at VGL last year FFVIII was the only game performed that didn't had on-screen video. Everyone was screaming "Where's the video?!" :lol

I don't see how this is a HD version unless they redo all the graphics. That article implies its a HD remake the same way FFX HD is????

So there's no point if you ask me

I don't see how this is a HD version unless they redo all the graphics. That article implies its a HD remake the same way FFX HD is????

So there's no point if you ask me

Probably a full on remake rather than an HD upscale. FFX/X-2 lies somewhere between the two as there are tweaks in the gameplay, including the music.

Hey I'll take what I can get. I'd be happy to play through it again and early 3D graphics haven't aged well.

Well you could see it this way, maybe they're testing out what kind if remake this is. Maybe it's purely graphical I think that would keep the old school fans happy.

They know FF7 is the most beloved so they'll mess with this one first and get feedback?

Hmmm..boring...

How about some remakes of Final Fantasy VI? That one has largely been ignored and it was GREAT.

On second thought, considering how Square tends to mess with things so much, maybe FF6 should be left alone.

This game has one of my fav FF weapons (the GunBlades), & Seifer is one of my fav FF characters. Pretty much VII & VIII is where it's at for me. I played X, X2, & XIII, but I don't think I was into those games like I was with VII & VIII. Only a significant enough graphical improvement, & bargain price, might make me buy this though.

Beating this game when I was younger, I think was one of my most memorable gaming moments back then. Simply because of the length & difficulty of the end boss battle. I think I still have the VHS tape that recorded that moment :lol

I wouldn't mind a movie similar to Advent Children based on VIII :D

This looks to be the same thing they did with 7 last year. Not like what they're doing for 10 in December. Sigh.

2012: Final Fantasy VII PC https://finalfantasyviipc.com/en

December: Final Fantasy X HD [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2-Remaster-Limited-Edition/dp/B00BY0G0YU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382392696&sr=8-2&keywords=final+fantasy+x+hd[/ame]

Last edited:
I thought for a second it was going to be an actual remake, not just a slightly glossier version. That's disappointing. I love this game.

Back