Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's a toy, you trying to kiss it? like dam
Child's reaction, but when I read your nickname I understood.
Looks like the game model imposed over the GT figure. It does show that it could benefit from better paint on the lips etc
Yes, that's it.
The editing is not mine, it comes from the Chinese forum and it's very good

Otherwise, I received the Barret Shark Toys from Kit, and I must say I'm rather pleased with my purchase.
Ok, it's not perfect, a bit too small, the arms with the tatoo not muscular enough etc... but the rest is really correct, and the body is quite heavy.

In the meantime, it really does the job, since it's not expensive, it's the only one available and we could wait several years for another one.
I'll try to add Heighten Feet connectors to make it bigger.

I took some quick pictures out of the box for you:
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:
I've been replaying ff7re again and I think the biggest notice for me is her right ear (our left) is more exposed than in game when looking at her straight on

I've been replaying ff7re again and I think the biggest notice for me is her right ear (our left) is more exposed than in game when looking at her straight on
Yep. That was one of the points I brought up before. It shouldn’t be quite that exposed. Unfortunately, I don’t see it changing at this point, but I also don’t see it detracting that much from the look of the figure in the end.

They can, however, fix the lipstick and the lower eyelashes and eyeliner. People are just as picky about Heath Ledger’s Joker makeup being as accurate as possible in 1/6 scale. It’s not asking much for this to be given the same care and attentiveness. Tifa, Cloud, Aerith and Sephiroth are some of the most popular video game characters, but especially in the world of Final Fantasy.

maybe Tifa decided to glob on on lipstick and eye liner today, for that Don Corneo realness look. She is serving it, and I’m waiting for her new make up tutorial with shallow breath

maybe Tifa decided to glob on on lipstick and eye liner today, for that Don Corneo realness look. She is serving it, and I’m waiting for her new make up tutorial with shallow breath
Speaking of which, wasn’t this originally supposed to come with the blue dress as an alternate look? I’m guessing they ditched that for the bar.

Yes, that's it.

Otherwise, I received the Barret Shark Toys from Kit, and I must say I'm rather pleased with my purchase.
Ok, it's not perfect, a bit too small, the arms with the tatoo not muscular enough etc... but the rest is really correct, and the body is quite heavy.

In the meantime, it really does the job, since it's not expensive, it's the only one available and we could wait several years for another one.

View attachment 647184

Thanks for the photos. Now i'm relieved it doesnt look horrendous. i really plan to add some pads on the vest tho (when mine arrives) the neck is too long and i'm not sure how it would end up looking till i try it 1st hand XD

GT's Tifa being studied under a microscope but that Barret gets a passing mark. 💀 It's rough out here.
You know, if they had just gotten the body right it wouldn't have been terrible. An M34/35 Phicen body or equivalent with dark enough skin would have been perfect. But nope. How can he be this big burly imposing force if he's barely bigger than the rest of the cast?

There’s a huge gap between ‘passable as that’s all we’re going to get’ and ‘this company is such a perfectionist they going to make it the best version we’ll get’.

One company set low expectations, one set very high, of course they’re compared differently.

well ,there are some figure company that just stop making certain figure due to constant criticized /nitpicking by fans(even the figure is good).

do gt tifa revised before?yes,many times. boss post picture ,we nitpicking,boss revise,post again,nitpicking again. in the end,boss just feel that we will never be satisfied(for tifa). so he just do the best version that he able to do. if he try to satisfy all fans,gt tifa will forever delayed.

many fans complaint why include the bar?why not a 2nd hs?
well,making 1hs aldy received so many complaint/complicated,imagine 2 tifa hs.

regarding the ear,boss do explained the reason behind it. but i just too lazy to explain it here. as always,you can complaint,but also can try wait until you get the figure onhand. maybe your opinion will change after getting it. its not like boss dont accept criticism,but more on constructive criticism.

GT's Tifa being studied under a microscope but that Barret gets a passing mark. 💀 It's rough out here.
Idk what you mean when pretty much no one here ordered him or think he looks good.

Like, if you guys think the comments so far are attacking Tifa/GT, you would never survive being in the fashion doll collector community.

Yes, that's it.

View attachment 647184
View attachment 647185

View attachment 647186View attachment 647187
View attachment 647188
View attachment 647189
View attachment 647190
View attachment 647191
View attachment 647192
View attachment 647193
View attachment 647194
View attachment 647195

View attachment 647212
Thanks for that picture, it actually shown size and height comparison of other figure, he doesn't look too bad, still waiting on mine, seem like USPS is taking forever. I think if you have him doing some dynamics post is the background behind cloud or something could make him look better

Tbh the same way it’s so stupid that there are probably people complaining about her for Waifu reasons, people acting like the only reason you could have an issue with a lady character’s headsculpt is if you’re into her is…..so funny. Like no see- when I said “Sephiroth could have have had a beefier body” THAT was objectification. Going “I think Tifa’s face paint is a little flat”? That’s just a normal critique.
455567-1687890516043.png

This has gone far beyond "normal critique" and entered weirdness territory.

well ,there are some figure company that just stop making certain figure due to constant criticized /nitpicking by fans(even the figure is good).

do gt tifa revised before?yes,many times. boss post picture ,we nitpicking,boss revise,post again,nitpicking again. in the end,boss just feel that we will never be satisfied(for tifa). so he just do the best version that he able to do. if he try to satisfy all fans,gt tifa will forever delayed.

many fans complaint why include the bar?why not a 2nd hs?
well,making 1hs aldy received so many complaint/complicated,imagine 2 tifa hs.

regarding the ear,boss do explained the reason behind it. but i just too lazy to explain it here. as always,you can complaint,but also can try wait until you get the figure onhand. maybe your opinion will change after getting it. its not like boss dont accept criticism,but more on constructive criticism.
I couldn't imagine taking a risk to make those figure for ff7 fans and mass produce them with a reasonable price, and yet people still not satisfied with it and keep complaining it. Boss coulda just not make it. I never seen this much heat for a figure, why keep comparing to the 3D render video game model, why not just compare it to other third party, I don't think is fair to **** on Gametoys when they actually trying, while other company just releasing whatever

why keep comparing to the 3D render video game model, why not just compare it to other third party
I think you’ve summarised exactly why I can’t take most of the criticism here seriously, even if I don’t necessarily outright disagree with some of it.

People’s expectations are so pointlessly high for this release that instead of comparing this to the countless examples of products which are so far off the mark, it’s being viewed under a microscope, measurement by measurement, against the actual game model. If we did this for 90% of the third party figures out there, it would be like comparing an actor to a RuneScape NPC.

The comparisons are being shown as a means to point out flaws when in reality they just go to show remarkably similar GT’s is to the model. It’s the constant drivel of walking in circles pointing out the same 2sq mm of what could be oh so vastly “improved” and the accompanying “glass-half-full” mentality that’s so draining.

I think you’ve summarised exactly why I can’t take most of the criticism here seriously, even if I don’t necessarily outright disagree with some of it.

People’s expectations are so pointlessly high for this release that instead of comparing this to the countless examples of products which are so far off the mark, it’s being viewed under a microscope, measurement by measurement, against the actual game model. If we did this for 90% of the third party figures out there, it would be like comparing an actor to a RuneScape NPC.

The comparisons are being shown as a means to point out flaws when in reality they just go to show remarkably similar GT’s is to the model. It’s the constant drivel of walking in circles pointing out the same 2sq mm of what could be oh so vastly “improved” and the accompanying “glass-half-full” mentality that’s so draining.
You could have said video game NPC... But you said RuneScape. I see you over there.

Also you can tell how ridiculous some communities set the bar on things. It's the classic, "The people who hate Star Wars the most are Star Wars fans". When these pictures went up on Reddit (r/Hottoys) everyone was really positive and liked how she came out. But this thread? Gotta get the rulers out, those lips are 2mm off.

I suppose it's the nature of things that people are [too] passionate about. You can't make people happy when they are THAT obsessive over it.

Every day I'm thankful that I'm not a critical person and I just love most things as they are.

Back