Final Fantasy Collection Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I'd love some 1/6 scale VI stuff. Could you imagine Magitek Armor in 1/6 scale? Then a Tina to ride on top.. Hot Toys needs to get on this license :drool

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool That would be awesome...

dissidia_artwork_terra.png

Yea, certain names I like, others I'm kinda meh about. Depending on my mood it can be Terra or Tina, Strago will always be Stragus, Sabin is Sabin because Mash sounds a little odd even though Im convinced it should have been Matthew and then Matt. Jun sounds better than Arvis.. is that all the name changes I missed?

They translated it to "Aeris" because when Japanese people pronounce "Aerith" they give the "th" sound an "s." It sounds like "Erisu." Some FFVII fans are really hotheaded about calling her "Aerith" but I just laugh at them because when I say "Aeris" I'm pronouncing it closer to how her Japanese creators pronounce it than they are.

EDIT: Also they probably decided to change it to Terra because Terra is Latin for Earth and she was a Cetra, very close to the planet.

Yeah, saying Aerith just doesn't roll of the tongue the way Aeris does. Aeris is how it was translated in the game, and that's how I'll say it.

EDIT: Also they probably decided to change it to Terra because Terra is Latin for Earth and she was a Cetra, very close to the planet.

Cetra.. noo. Terra/Tina was the child of an Esper and a Human. Nothing related to Earth Spirts or anything like that. The reason for the name change is much like Aerith/Aeris. Tina sounds more exotic in Japanese where as in English it's a common name. In fact, Terra wasn't even supposed to have green hair but was done to differentiate her SNES sprite from others. That's why most artist depictions have her as either blonde or with very faint traces of green.

im not too much into the ff line, i got gabranth and kimahri. anyone have pics of the monsters collection?

Cetra.. noo. Terra/Tina was the child of an Esper and a Human. Nothing related to Earth Spirts or anything like that. The reason for the name change is much like Aerith/Aeris. Tina sounds more exotic in Japanese where as in English it's a common name. In fact, Terra wasn't even supposed to have green hair but was done to differentiate her SNES sprite from others. That's why most artist depictions have her as either blonde or with very faint traces of green.
Oh, thanks. I didn't get very far in FFIII (or..VI I guess). I was told by someone else that she was the same species as Aeris. Guess I was misinformed.

Oh, thanks. I didn't get very far in FFIII (or..VI I guess). I was told by someone else that she was the same species as Aeris. Guess I was misinformed.

Yea, sok though. I've played it since it was new out for the SNES and called III, beat it years ago and have played it and been obsessive over knowing every aspect of the game for years.

Sooo, this week sees the release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray in Japan. The big inclusion with this release, aside from new scenes and revamped action, is the included Final Fantasy XIII demo!

It's going to be a good week for importers. The rest of us in North America have to wait until June.

Anyway, here's the final Japanese box cover:

ffvii_acc_bluray.jpg

Well its been awhile and the Crisis Core figures are released now. I have yet to find a set in store but have seen a few sets and single figures for sale on ebay. Have yet to drop the cash to pick them up though.

Also Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete was released in the US not to long ago on BluRay. Picked that up and watched it through and thought that it was pretty good. Licked most of the added parts to it, especially the ones at the end, and prob the mid way point of the movie as well. Kinda wish they had an American Cast thing for one of the special features though, but meh. I did like the feature that put all the FF7 games in order for story wise.

Back