FF2: Rise of the craptacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there's another review that says the other guy's a liar. I'm not going to read either of them until I see the movie. But I don't have high hopes from Story and a script that was forced through the studio mill in record time.

Oh dear. That write up is not good.
I've always loved the Surfer and the FF, I sincerely hope its not as bad as they make out in that article.

I personally am really looking forward to seeing this, I hope I'm not disapointed.
I'll wait till its released and read all your thoughts about it, then watch it when the DVD comes out.

Shell
x :D

I'm not going to read any reviews either. I wasn't a big fan of the first movie, but I want to see the new one just for Silver Surfer...and Alba.

Bodie The Cursed said:
The 1st one was soooo bad.. I saw SM3 the other day and it was absolutley awfull.. Not sure if I should even go see this...
If you didn't like FF1 or SM3, I would say you should definitely stay away from FF2. It doesn't sound like your kind of movie.

I, on the other hand, enjoyed both FF1 and SM3 very much, so I have no doubt that I'll like FF2. Different strokes, I guess...

FF I was not a great movie by any means, I thought it was barely watchable. The honest truth is if you approach this movie with really really low standards you might be surprised enough to like it. I plan to head it expecting nothing and hopefully leave surprised

The Mike said:
FF I was not a great movie by any means, I thought it was barely watchable. The honest truth is if you approach this movie with really really low standards you might be surprised enough to like it. I plan to head it expecting nothing and hopefully leave surprised

That's my plan of action.

I'm going open minded but without high expectations and I'll just see what I think after I've finished watching the movie.

I watched FF1 and wasn't too impressed, but rewatched it recently with my G/F as she's going with me to see FF2. She really enjoyed FF1 and I thought it was actually a little better on the second viewing, so there's still a chance I might enjoy this film.

I've nothing like the level of expection I had for say Star Wars Episode Three or Spider-Man 3, but we'll see what happens.

FF was mediocre and the scary thought of how sequels are usually not as good as the original leaves me frightened. How bad is this movie going to be? Either way I am not seeing it.

I know that most single adults will not share my opinion, but I am actually glad this ended up with a PG rating, as I can take my five year old son without any worries. He wants to see it, and I typically preview a PG-13 first before taking him. This means I won't have to see it twice!

I enjoyed FF1 so if FF2 is anything like it then I won't have any gripes. I don't expect a Batman Begins type comic movie so it really shouldn't be a let down.
SM3 was a bit of a let down 'cause I felt SM1 & 2 set the bar way higher than it reached, if we're comparing that is.:D

I still haven't seen FF1, but I plan on wathing it before I see FF2. I have pretty much nill expecations so anything will be a bonus.

I'm also planning on see Ghost Rider since its about to be released on DVD... just so I can be in the know.

After seeing Spider Man 3 and reading the news that Thomas Jane left Punisher for artistic reasons, I gotta believe they're just making Marvel movies for "family audiences" now.

DarkArtist81 said:
Same here.... I will see it, but with worried eyes...

With worried eyes? Why worry over a movie? lol

If it's because you're afraid they'll ruin your interpretation of Fantastic Four, well the original already did that.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record guys but I felt that the movie was a 90-120 minute commercial, trying to sell me on products like Blockbuster video and Pizza Hut rather than trying to sell me on the property that is Fantastic Four!

I liked FF1 too. It wasn't great but then again, most comicbook movie 1's i'v seen are good but they get better in the sequels. I'm going to see FF2 this saturday.

Btw, has anyone seen the FF1 extended edition DVD? Is there any improvements?

Back