FF2: Rise of the craptacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can be the worst movie in the world, as long as Jessica Alba is in it wearing a spandex costume. :D

It will be worth watching if theres a shot of Alba camel toe!

I have a plan. I'm going to watch my VHS of the unreleased Roger Corman FF before this and it will make anything look good.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
You say that now, but you know you're really only going to see this movie for the complex cerebral plotting like the rest of us:lol

lol chris :D

See that's where the filmakers went wrong, throwing all that cash at a special effects budget just to hide how crappy the movie is. All they needed to do was pay Jess enough to take off her top and bottoms and publicise the fact this was going to happen.

Everyone would be leaving the theater going "wow that movie with Jessica's hoo ha was great, Silver Surfer? Who the **** is that?":D

Don't get me wrong, despite its shortcomings I enjoyed the hell out of it. Afterall its a comic book movie, made to entertain, not be dissected as to why it won't win any Oscars.

If it's on the level of Batman and Robin one can only hope that the nipple exposure is supplied by Alba...

I'm guessing that the big boy (Galactus) makes no appearance as he rightfully should...

No expectations--- no reviews... I'll judge with an open mind... Of course I said that about SM3 and I was seriously disappointed with that one in comparison to the first two movies in the trilogy.

The Mike said:
FF I was not a great movie by any means, I thought it was barely watchable. The honest truth is if you approach this movie with really really low standards you might be surprised enough to like it. I plan to head it expecting nothing and hopefully leave surprised
Geez, what's with all the FF bashing? "Honest truth"? I think you mean honest opinion. I enjoyed the first movie very much, and I'll be surprised if I don't enjoy the second just as well.

You know, not every superhero movie needs to be some kind of dark, angst-ridden tragedy.

RoboDad said:
Geez, what's with all the FF bashing? "Honest truth"? I think you mean honest opinion. I enjoyed the first movie very much, and I'll be surprised if I don't enjoy the second just as well.

You know, not every superhero movie needs to be some kind of dark, angst-ridden tragedy.

Agreed!!! :D

RoboDad said:

Very True!!!...............BUT you don't throw away everything that made FF great to just make it enjoyable.

I enjoyed the first one, so I'm hoping I will like this one too. I have pretty low requirements to like a movie though. If I don't get bored, I smile a few times, and chuckle on occasion then its good enough for me.

I thought 1 sucked. Why? They made Doctor Doom totally crappy. Everything was going ok, until they f'd around with him. Rule #1 w/ Superhero movies, DON'T CHANGE THEIR DAMNED POWERS! Doom was just a bad ass, jacked up genious SOB. Not some half metal elctro fart bag.

I think 2 will be better, but they still ruined a lot of it for me.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd one myself. I liked the first one alot. Even bought it on Blu-Ray couple weeks ago.

I may not go see it in the theatre (still haven't seen PotC 2 yet either), but, I will definitely be seeing it once its on Blu-Ray.

In the first film they got most of the characterization completely wrong, especially Doom.
And the FF isn't supposed to be "some kind of dark, angst-ridden tragedy" :rolleyes: it's supposed to be a bit light hearted after all, they're a family of Super Heroes. Unfortunately, they got most of the characters wrong and give us some terrible special effects and makeup effects (also Reed Richards is capable of far more then he is portrayed in the films) and some of the actors gave terrible performances (Sue Storm, Dr. Doom, Reed Richards). The only thing they got right is the banter between the Thing and Human Torch, everything else was off the mark.
The new film seems to get even more of it wrong.
I think they got the Silver Surfer right, but they apparently didn't improve any of the flaws from the first movie, still the same worthless Dr. Doom, and they managed to screw up Galactus and the Super-Skrull in the process.
I just have the feeling that FF2 will be as craptacular as the first movie. :(

The big Final Battle in FF1 was lackluster and lasted about a whole 45 seconds.

I don';t even think a scantly clad Alba could save it. I mean that thought didn't work for that Deep Blue movie she was in a couple years ago :rotfl

And if she didn't strip for Sin City, she isn't going to. Well untill people realize that she isn't better looking than your average high school hottie and she turns to softcore :monkey5

Back