1/6 Robin Hood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matrix69

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The adventures of Robin Hood by Penguin was one of the first books i read as a child and i've loved the character ever since.

I've seen all the different movie and tv interpretations and i've enjoyed most of them for what they are.

But my personal favourites are Tv's Robin of Sherwood from the 80's and the little known The Legend of Robin Hood from the 70's.

As for the big screen versions..Robin and Marian from 1976 , Russell Crowes Robin Hood from 2010 and The adventures of Robin Hood from 1938 are my favourites.

Sadly the character gets little attention in the 1/6 scale figure world. PopToys are the only company that ventured into the world of Sherwood Forest and gave us a very nice Russell Crowe version, which i have.

Anyways i've been working on a few customs of my favourite Robins...

Michael Praed version from Robin of Sherwood. I hope to find a sculpt that better resembles Praed, but it works ok with the hood up :giggle:

DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0081.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0093.JPG

Really nice work. :clap

I used to watch Robin of Sherwood every Saturday night without fail. Clannad's theme is still stuck in my head, and every now and the refrain, 🎶 The Hooded Man....🎶 pops into my head from nowhere. :lol

Martin Potter's look from The Legend of Robin Hood is probably my favourite costume. I love the design and the simplicity to it.

MP2.JPGMP1.JPGMP3.JPG

I didn't really get a match to the colours, but i'm happy enough with the silhouette.

Again i need to find a better sculpt that resembles the actor...hence the hood is up🧐

DSC_0142.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG
DSC_0106.JPG
DSC_0130 (2).JPG
DSC_0107.JPG
DSC_0109.JPG

My only Robin is the off-the-shelf Russell Crowe from Pop Toys. Ironically, I got him because I thought he could be pushed into the fifteenth century to add to my Joan of Arc and CooModel knights.

Coincidentally as well, I used his second sculpt yesterday for a WW2 Commando!

Really nice work. :clap

I used to watch Robin of Sherwood every Saturday night without fail. Clannad's theme is still stuck in my head, and every now and the refrain, 🎶 The Hooded Man....🎶 pops into my head from nowhere. :lol

Clannad's music was a huge part of show, loved it! And i still have the original vinyl version of the Legend album😍

Clannad's music was a huge part of show, loved it! And i still have the original vinyl version of the Legend album😍

The theme was haunting, and perfectly matched the atmosphere of the series with its supernatural elements.

My only Robin is the off-the-shelf Russell Crowe from Pop Toys. Ironically, I got him because I thought he could be pushed into the fifteenth century to add to my Joan of Arc and CooModel knights.

Coincidentally as well, I used his second sculpt yesterday for a WW2 Commando!
I like the PopToys Crowe...the pants colour and bow were my only real gripes. So i painted the pants to get them to look like leather, and swapped out the bow for the ZYTOYS version

DSC_0058.JPG

Back