FF2: Rise of the craptacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
Well untill people realize that she isn't better looking than your average high school hottie and she turns to softcore :monkey5

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................nash, don't hate me.

FF1 is one of the only movies I got up and left. I really tried to sit through it to see the SE, but it was so bad that I could not sit there.

TDTOM said:
FF1 is one of the only movies I got up and left. I really tried to sit through it to see the SE, but it was so bad that I could not sit there.

You sir, rock!

I sadly saw the whole movie on a DVD rental, and because of that reason I am distancing myself from this PPoC!

Legend: PPoC = Potential Piece of Crap!

Man, I got nothing better to do than repeatedly bash this movie. :monkey1

That's it, I am going out!

Just saw the latest TV spot for the movie (the one announcing "In 3 days..."), and they completely showed a major plot point at the end!!! Spoiler junkies...please don't "cloud" the issue (nudge, nudge...wink, wink...)

Looks a bit better than I thought it would, but still a crappy idea. I thought I was watching Armageddon Part 2 at that moment.

EVILFACE said:
Yea, heard what the cloud is. Pretty ghey.

I was expecting something similar to Independence Day, but the cloud is shown approaching Earth in multiple pieces...hence the Armageddon reference.

PosterBoyKelly said:
IT'S STAN LEE RETURNING FOR HIS ROYALTIES!

He he.:lol

I really hate his 'cameos'.
I really like FF1, always have but it was on tv last night so I watched it and realised how much his appearances really bother me. He doesnt do much, but its like, hey, we all know who you are. Get out already!!!

Plus the real let down for me was Reid,, or rather the actor that plays him, he made the character too whiney.Totally wrong choice IMO and whats with all the make-up?, his lips are always so pink?!

Just my observations but despite these and the disapointing idea of the 'cloud' I'm looking forward to FF2

Shell
x :D

I wonder why most comic book movies suck?

Could it be that they deviate too much from the original plotlines and story?

Anzik Hayes said:
I wonder why most comic book movies suck?

Could it be that they deviate too much from the original plotlines and story?
Well, there's that and then the mostly poor casting, decision to use CGI for characters, changing of the traditional outfits.....

Adoptedscot said:
He he.:lol

I really hate his 'cameos'.
I really like FF1, always have but it was on tv last night so I watched it and realised how much his appearances really bother me. He doesnt do much, but its like, hey, we all know who you are. Get out already!!!

I'm with you on that one. His cameos also seem like he's rabidly trying to chew the scenery. The worst one was his appearance in Spider-Man 3. He may as well just have said his line, turned to the camera, and waved to us.

Also, I remember watching a making-of for FF1 where they spent a good minute or two talking to Stan about his cameo, and he just kept going on and on and on about how he was trying to find the "right" way to say his one stupid, frickin' line!!!!

Ugh...

I'm just waiting for the day when he's in the square next to Martin Mull.

movies based on comics are what they are. yes, there are bad scripts and bad acting. but if you read a comic book, none of the dialog will win a Pulitzer Prize.
just like this movie won't win an oscar except maybe for the special effects. it's just a fun time at the movies where you can imagine yourself as a super hero. i think that's cool.

Eli26 said:
And suffering is a result from RoboDad talking like that. hehe
When 900 years old you reach, talk as good you will not!

yoda3.gif

Back