FF2: Rise of the craptacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PosterBoyKelly said:
Robodad, give me the money they used to make this movie, and I would do better.

I'm not satisfied, but this isn't a movie where 1 or 2 little things bugged me and I'm allowing it to ruin it for me rather than a movie where 9-10 huge and important things bugged me. My hate is quite called for. But I'm also not gonna rag on someone who does like it, just difference of tastes.
I didn't mean to sound like I was ragging on you. I'm the last person who should be doing that (I'm firmly in the "the new look for the Joker sucks!" camp :D). I was just trying to point out some of the things I liked about the movie.

[Spoiler Area - Hard Hats Required]

piccolodaimaoh said:
I don't think Galactus, or Galactica as the Philadelphia Inquirer called him, was blown up. I believe he was just rejected by the Silver Surfer. Even thought he has The Power Cosmic, the Surfer could never defeat Galactus.
I agree. Most likely, the Surfer was just able to use his power to send Galactus far away, or something similar.

BTW, I thought the mid-credit sequence was pretty cool. Did you notice how, in addition to the board suddenly coming to life, in the last frame as the Surfer was floating out of our view his eyes opened. I think the Surfer movie will be very cool.

I just went to see Fantastic Four 2 this afternoon and although it wasn't a classic or anything, it certainly didn't suck completely and I don't think it was Batman And Robin bad by any stretch of the imagination, it was quite entertaining.

I don't think they particularly went the right way with Galactus and Dr Doom, but it was pretty good overall as a casual movie.

Anybody else think Alba looked kinda cute as the Human Torch.

Count me in as someone who enjoyed it.

[minor spoilers]
The fanboy in me would've liked to see Galactus, but the movie-goer in me understands that if Galactus had a bigger role than he did, it would've suffered from the classic superhero movie mistake of too many villains ruining the movie. However, the fanboy in me was pleased to see Galactus' silhouette inside the entity at the end of the film.
[/spoilers]

*SPOILER ALERT*

Put me on the "enjoyed movie" side as well. Compared to the poor stroytelling, horrific editing, and improbable characters/motivations of Spidey 3---this movie was great.

I enjoyed the family dynamic of the FF---the comedic points were not too much and they blended well with the overall feel of the movie. Dr. Doom's growth as the supervillain moved onwards and I liked the subtle homage to what Doom did back in '84 with the Beyonder's power much in the same way that he maipulated his way to grab the Surfer's power.

The Silver Surfer was well done and the Galactus images weren't what I had hoped-- but seeing as how in the Ultimates comic they made Galactus thousand of ships that looked like his head I think that the FF movie take with the sinister cloud (and the subtle shape inside) was a more accurate take on a planet devourer.

All in all I enjoyed this sequel as they built on the original and I would happily go and see the next one. Hopefully they'll have to invade Latveria and tackle thousands of Doombots.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
I just went to see Fantastic Four 2 this afternoon and although it wasn't a classic or anything, it certainly didn't suck completely and I don't think it was Batman And Robin bad by any stretch of the imagination, it was quite entertaining.

I don't think they particularly went the right way with Galactus and Dr Doom, but it was pretty good overall as a casual movie.

Anybody else think Alba looked kinda cute as the Human Torch.

Kinda cute? Man, she was hot, as usual:monkey5

RoboDad said:
[Spoiler Area - Hard Hats Required]

I agree. Most likely, the Surfer was just able to use his power to send Galactus far away, or something similar.

BTW, I thought the mid-credit sequence was pretty cool. Did you notice how, in addition to the board suddenly coming to life, in the last frame as the Surfer was floating out of our view his eyes opened. I think the Surfer movie will be very cool.

That was awesome, I loved that they at least hinted at a future with the Silver Surfer. If they do a Surfer movie, which I pray to God they will, I hope they start off on Zenn-La and show his origin then go into the cosmic characters from the Marvel Universe. I would die to see the Super Skrull, Thanos and a full Galactus on the big screen.
If you read comics I would suggest you check out Annihilation, the Silver Surfer movie would be a lot like this story line.

RoboDad said:
I didn't mean to sound like I was ragging on you. I'm the last person who should be doing that (I'm firmly in the "the new look for the Joker sucks!" camp :D). I was just trying to point out some of the things I liked about the movie.

All's cool:chew

Back