Failure Club: guy sells off collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffBuff

Capitalist ex-demon
Reaction score
Saw this on Yahoo. An episode of this show called failure club features a guy in which it seems like he's trying to finance a motorcycle project, and to do that he plans to sell off a bunch of his collectibles. Watching the vid, he has a garage full of 12 inches, sideshow boxes, bowen items, etc. I'd be curious to know all the stuff this guy has. Seems like a lot!

https://screen.yahoo.com/episode-38-eric-29019092.html

awe :(

i think most of that stuff will sell fairly easily and he will make some good money. I didn't catch if he said what his goal was to make, but hes got thousands of dollars there and most stuff they showed will sell quickly. And sounded like he will try and hang onto his favorite childhood stuff.

i wish him good luck with everything :)

So...

The whole point of him selling his collection is to raise extra money.

He will use the money to help finance a project.

Goal of said project is, "to build a motorcycle in memory of [his] dad who passed away."

They cannibalize an existing motorcycle for this project.

And then he proceeds to sell stuff.

IMO, it would have been interesting if the story was about his dad.

My hobby is collectibles.

My dad's hobby was his motorcycle.

My hobby is my life and so my dad's hobby was his life.

Why on earth should i sell my life to finance something my dad would have loved? I am pretty sure that he would be not happy with my decision to give up my hobby for something i was never really interested in.
That is plain dumb and irreproducible. I guess that is a scripted reality production.

I saw so many Sideshow boxes. And even some Angel puppets. You would have to pry my collectibles from my cold dead hands. And even then, I aint lettin' go. The show looks dumb. But I think Buff posted it because of the collectibles.

Anyone see stuff they have?

I think the "fail" will come when he realizes he sold his childhood on a whim for a stupid motorcycle and winds up spending even more to get back all the grails he sold. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I was wonder if at one point I'll be "meh" about my collectibles. I've been collecting them for the better part of a decade and still get excited about new releases but I have to wonder at what point the light will fizzle out.

I know though I wouldn't sell them or part with them to build or piece together something my father was in to. I'd be more apt to make an action figure or statue of him than sell off what I love for something he loved in some sort of strange memorial.

SyFy is doing a pilot for a show where an "expert" travels the world and evaluates people's collections and helps them make money for other things - like an engagement ring, a house, etc.

Sounds like this might be part of that pilot.

Saw this earlier. Guy's got to get his priorities straight. :lol

:lol:lol
true statement.

I don't think I would ever sell my collectibles to pay for another pet project of mine. I'd rather sell blood. I can't even fathom letting go of pieces I've won and wouldn't have necessarily bought for myself... but they mean something to me now. It's like, that was my first spook win ever, no way i'm selling it for a tail light. :cuckoo:

are those blackwhite dc statues or plastic superman really worth a lot? I honestly don't recognize any of the stuff he has. The two sideshow pieces he showed - Han solo PF and abomination ex isn't worth much.

if the day ever comes where am forced to sell my grail pieces for some money then something has seriously gone wrong with my life. On the flip side if I am living paycheck to paycheck without at least 2 year buffer for myself/family, I would never waste a single cent buying statues.

Well, I'm considering selling off a lot of my "grail" pieces (you were the recipient of one, gagaliya...Whassup! :wave).

Why? Because the damn housing market in Northern Virginia is still pretty healthy. I've got my pre-approval, I've got my down payment cash, but I've still been beaten out on two offers in two weeks because I don't have cash for closing. Traditionally, a buyer could ask a seller for closing cost assistance, especially when the housing market collapsed. But here in the DC metro area, housing prices have maintained their value and are down to a month's inventory. The cash for closing costs may mean the difference as far as my offer being accepted.

I'm not quite at that point yet, and I'd hate to do it, but I'd move my Lurtz EX PF and my Uruk-Hai EX PF if necessary, along with other PFs and long sold out Hot Toys stuff.

My hobby is collectibles.

My dad's hobby was his motorcycle.

My hobby is my life and so my dad's hobby was his life.

Why on earth should i sell my life to finance something my dad would have loved? I am pretty sure that he would be not happy with my decision to give up my hobby for something i was never really interested in.
That is plain dumb and irreproducible. I guess that is a scripted reality production.

I have to agree here. I would never want my son to sell off what he loves the most to finance a project in my memory. Why? Because, in a way, my son is the project that will live on in my memory.

Back