EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck is a VIP in this situation? We talking essentially one-of-a-kind gift figures for close friends, influencers and the rich?

Is this the first time Exo6 has worked with any battery operated collectibles or lights? Wondering just how amazing we should expect this to turn out. We talking projection level here or "a red dot"?

Hard to say regarding the light strength on the eye piece, it shows it briefly in the video below but it may have been enhanced.

IMG_8623.jpeg

This is From Anthony (SixScaleMafia) Wlodarski FBpage.

It really looks like this figure turned out incredible. I can't wait to have him looming behind FC Picard's chair.

Locutus looks good but really isn’t showcased much by Terry in that video. Part of me wonders if it would have been better as a statue since it has limited range of motion anyways.

Will this be a real shortage, or 7 of 9 all over again?
A lot of order increase requests for Locutus. We turned them all down because we don't even have the quantities that we want to have either.
If you never ordered one, the chance for you to have one is low, paying for MSRP would be even more remote.
Beware.

Makes sense to me, if you missed the P.O. window you’re likely SOL. Don’t see Locutus becoming a stocked item like some of the others on their site but I doubt he’s as limited as TMP.

Will this be a real shortage, or 7 of 9 all over again?
Sounds like we got pretty much the exact same story on Seven and look how THAT turned out. Just not sure what to take as meaningful advice as opposed to putting a manufactured scarcity idea out there as a marketing strategy.

Locutus is definitely a more complicated figure compared to Seven but I've got a feeling his release number will be higher, as I can see more people buying multiples to customize one into a generic drone. Perhaps even a Seven of Nine drone...

Locutus is definitely a more complicated figure compared to Seven but I've got a feeling his release number will be higher, as I can see more people buying multiples to customize one into a generic drone. Perhaps even a Seven of Nine drone...

I have an easier time believing Locutus will be a bit more limited than most of EXO's other offerings, but the Seven story was that the custom body they had to design and build (or have someone build possibly) was so costly that EXO was going to lose money on every one they sold. That sounds eerily similar to the buzz we're now getting on Locutus (even if it's an easier explanation to swallow with all of the Borg drone intricacies).

So I guess it's just my cynical nature that forces me to wonder if we're not just getting played again. It could just be that Locutus and Seven were more expensive figures to produce, and therefore EXO didn't/doesn't think it can afford to have those figures sitting around in inventory for any amount of time because the profit margin is that much more slim on them. Hence we get the scarcity story pumped out to get people off the fence when they inevitably turn up for immediate purchase.

I could be way off on this, of course, but we got an even more hyped scarcity story out of the company for Seven ("better get her now or the secondary market prices will blow your minds") only to have her return to stock long after the preorder was over, and she remained available and in stock for immediate purchase for nearly a month after all the fireworks died down.

I'm not saying anyone should sleep on this figure in the hopes that he'll "Do a Seven" but having seen what happened in the past, I'm taking the current message on Locutus with a measured grain of salt...

I have an easier time believing Locutus will be a bit more limited than most of EXO's other offerings, but the Seven story was that the custom body they had to design and build (or have someone build possibly) was so costly that EXO was going to lose money on every one they sold. That sounds eerily similar to the buzz we're now getting on Locutus (even if it's an easier explanation to swallow with all of the Borg drone intricacies).

So I guess it's just my cynical nature that forces me to wonder if we're not just getting played again. It could just be that Locutus and Seven were more expensive figures to produce, and therefore EXO didn't/doesn't think it can afford to have those figures sitting around in inventory for any amount of time because the profit margin is that much more slim on them. Hence we get the scarcity story pumped out to get people off the fence when they inevitably turn up for immediate purchase.

I could be way off on this, of course, but we got an even more hyped scarcity story out of the company for Seven ("better get her now or the secondary market prices will blow your minds") only to have her return to stock long after the preorder was over, and she remained available and in stock for immediate purchase for nearly a month after all the fireworks died down.

I'm not saying anyone should sleep on this figure in the hopes that he'll "Do a Seven" but having seen what happened in the past, I'm taking the current message on Locutus with a measured grain of salt...
I think you’re right. Perhaps he feels the need to push this limited run idea because of fear. Seven must have taken a hell of a lot to develop her body and suit etc. if they sold less than anticipated, that could equal a big loss. Same with Picaborg. Then again, there often doesn’t seem to be any real logic, just smoke and mirrors.

Not sure if advertising a figure as a limited run is really a motivator. Either you’re interested in it enough to place a PO before the deadline or you’re not, otherwise you’re risking getting nothing at all. As Nanjin has said, collect your Trek, I think most have an idea on what they’re after and pull the trigger when those wants come along.

Not sure if advertising a figure as a limited run is really a motivator. Either you’re interested in it enough to place a PO before the deadline or you’re not, otherwise you’re risking getting nothing at all. As Nanjin has said, collect your Trek, I think most have an idea on what they’re after and pull the trigger when those wants come along.

That is definitely the mentality of a Trek collector but announcing a figure as limited will also draw the attention of the flippers and have them most likely buying in, as well.

Back