EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be mistaken but the Riker"s" shown are to show off the "set color" vs "screen color" of the uniforms and the set color is an older QMX prototype while the screen color is the newer EXO-6 Riker, which I think looks fantastic.
I think you might be right except that it’s Nanjin’s prototype not QMX’s. I believe he made a lot of the prototypes on his own which is why he can still show them off versus them being owned by QMX. I could be wrong.

1649453185717.png

I think Riker(s) looks great here. I think the problem is that there just isn't a photo out there taken from a more head-on angle that doesn't have tons of lens distortion. Until I see that, I'm not going to poo poo that headsculpt, because I don't think we're getting a complete picture, so to speak.

To be honest, I actually like it. Perhaps just a touch too wide but I think it captures J.F. pretty well. Easily recognizable.
Wait a minute, isn't one picture on the right side the old Qmx one? So you like the one on the right which is not the EXO-6 one. Or did I misunderstand you?

I think pretty much everyone here is saying the Riker on the right side is better than the Riker on the left. This is starting to sound like a taste test or something...

I may be mistaken but the Riker"s" shown are to show off the "set color" vs "screen color" of the uniforms and the set color is an older QMX prototype while the screen color is the newer EXO-6 Riker, which I think looks fantastic.

View attachment 571027
They are the same sculpt painted in a different space-time

Wait a minute, isn't one picture on the right side the old Qmx one? So you like the one on the right which is not the EXO-6 one. Or did I misunderstand you?

I think pretty much everyone here is saying the Riker on the right side is better than the Riker on the left. This is starting to sound like a taste test or something...
Ha! I thought the one on the right (in the red uniform, not burgandy) was the new EXO-6 one.

Loving everything on show so far. Agree with the consensus that Riker, Geordi, Archer and Seven are off, especially Riker's sculpt, but these are prototypes. I just love what is being done with these figures and have every belief any sculpts not looking right will be sorted for the final versions. A lot of these are instant pre-orders for me. Anything in the TNG line, TOS and Wrath of Khan are all on my list. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Back