EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Q figure is gorgeous, and I know i'll wish I had ordered it at various points down the road.

That said, my display consists of 4 detolfs, and many other franchises besides Star Trek, and I try to keep each 15" x 15" shelf limited to two figures, three at most.

I'm so happy that First Contact Picard & Data are representing my favorite Trek characters, and I can't wait to replace them with their TNG versions. I will probably pack up Janeway and the Doctor once I have enough TNG figures to recreate a slice of the bridge across two of those 15" x 15" shelves. There's really no room for a Q figure that wouldn't displace a more important TNG figure for me.

@nanjin : It's a beautiful figure! I'm only chiming in because I know you do some market research here :)

DSC uniform isn't as easy as TNG. TNG patterns consist of less than 7 pieces, DSC require 23 pieces, plus the Delta and those detailing prints.

DSC is the most expensive Trek series. So much detail, just the freaking hand phaser has 11 or 14 pieces....then there's this awesome but super complicated phaser rifle.... 5 pieces boots.... every single freaking item has a holster.... some holster has 3 parts...

The number I used above correlates to number of molds. Molds = Investment in production

....I don't expect DSC sales can fly like an eagle or even a raven. I think DSC will be more like personal collection similar to ENT. DSC do look awesome within Trek collection because they appear more like “action” figures than “standing” figures. Trek characters only stood around or do some awful fighting stunts.

Note, I only assumed the above. I do not know what's out there for DSC because majority of the DSC fans live in a different dimension (age differences affect social cirles)

Yeah with all that complexity in the design I'm expecting those DSC figures to cost a bit more than the other figures we've gotten so far. Which would be perfectly understandable.

Fortunately the Strange New Worlds uniforms look like they'll be far simpler for you to make, since they're just modernized versions of the TOS outfits like in the first two Kelvin movies.

As soon as I saw Q's announcement, I thought he should be with his throne. It could be brainwashing from STO but with the judge's robes, it'd be worth a $350 figure released with a throne accessory.

I'm so excited for Q, he looks fantastic. So far, my favorite Q is Silver Fox Q, but daaaang, I don't know if EXO can do more than one version of this masterpiece of alien awesomeness. Still, I fully expect he'll do a great PO order number for a "secondary" character.

Most excited for this release. Each one more interesting than the last. And can't agree more about Guinan, I love her character. I hope her hat gets its own box. 🤣

On the other hand, putting together an uniformed Q is the easiest thing to do for us. We only need one head mold or maybe couple of gesture/action hands. Paintup. Boom, turnaround time can bless than 2 months.

I do have a fully sculpted Q available for me to use.

Decision Decision Decision.
I hope the line is successful enough that one day you decide to make him. After the main crew Q in uniform is next on my priority list for TNG.

I hope the line is successful enough that one day you decide to make him. After the main crew Q in uniform is next on my priority list for TNG.
If we know ahead of time that we will have a 1.5 week of slow production week (in between figures), we can produce an Uniformed Q.

The only problem I see is we won't be able to do pre-sale but available stock. This means uniformed Q will be extremely limited, and extreme headaches to have. There will be consequences....

If we know ahead of time that we will have a 1.5 week of slow production week (in between figures), we can produce an Uniformed Q.

The only problem I see is we won't be able to do pre-sale but available stock. This means uniformed Q will be extremely limited, and extreme headaches to have. There will be consequences....
Yikes. I would love the quick turnaround (turn around time is already warp speed compared to most 1/6 figures) but I would be upset if I missed out and frustrated if I missed out and saw a bunch pop up on eBay for sky high prices right after it sold out.

My biggest fear for me personally with the line is that something like this happens with away jacket TWOK figures.

It’s probably too complicated to do but maybe there could be a sign up for those that want Q of the production spot becomes available. It could maybe send us invoices when the “preorder” starts and we have 24 hours to pay before we loose our spot. Not a perfect system but it would at least give those that really want him a chance. Might also be able to help you figure out how big of a production opening you need/want.

Desperate for some DS9 love...anything will do..Odo's bucket, Jadzias spots, Garaks neck ridges, Leeta's cleavage...
Yup I'm dying to see a DS9 thread open up with some new figure goodness. And if Sisko isn't ready yet then I think Kira or Odo would be a great place to start as well.

Yikes. I would love the quick turnaround (turn around time is already warp speed compared to most 1/6 figures) but I would be upset if I missed out and frustrated if I missed out and saw a bunch pop up on eBay for sky high prices right after it sold out.

My biggest fear for me personally with the line is that something like this happens with away jacket TWOK figures.

It’s probably too complicated to do but maybe there could be a sign up for those that want Q of the production spot becomes available. It could maybe send us invoices when the “preorder” starts and we have 24 hours to pay before we loose our spot. Not a perfect system but it would at least give those that really want him a chance. Might also be able to help you figure out how big of a production opening you need/want.
Major releases wouldn't be like that, only gap filler or characters that only have small demand will have such chaotic releases and only if there are available time. Character like Yeoman from TOS, Brackley TNG, twok Saviik, etc. will be like this. Main characters will have plenty of time to decide.

Major releases wouldn't be like that, only gap filler or characters that only have small demand will have such chaotic releases and only if there are available time. Character like Yeoman from TOS, Brackley TNG, twok Saviik, etc. will be like this. Main characters will have plenty of time to decide.
Lol. Yeoman from TOS and Saviik (either one but I prefer the one form ST III) will be wants for me. I guess I have just got to roll the dice and hope I am fast with my orders. Don’t get me wrong I really do appreciate you working on ways to get the lessor known or wanted characters out. At the end of the day I would rather miss out and have to try to get one from eBay than not have them made at all and have no chance at owning them.

Yup I'm dying to see a DS9 thread open up with some new figure goodness. And if Sisko isn't ready yet then I think Kira or Odo would be a great place to start as well.
I love DS9. As of today, DS9 is my number one Trek, a fully developed Trek series with characters that had flesh and blood.

Captain Sisko will be an AWESOME beyond awesomeness captain in our line up.

Imagine what do I expect from THE Sisko. I pulled him out from production at the last minute even after Sisko product pictures were approved.

Lol. Yeoman from TOS and Saviik (either one but I prefer the one form ST III) will be wants for me. I guess I have just got to roll the dice and hope I am fast with my orders. Don’t get me wrong I really do appreciate you working on ways to get the lessor known or wanted characters out. At the end of the day I would rather miss out and have to try to get one from eBay than not have them made at all and have no chance at owning them.
They aren't major casts. You can do without them. But 1/6 Trek Museum wants them.

Understandable. 60 Trek fans can have 360 different preferences.

This is why there will be give and take in decision making. There will be risk. You will miss some character.

I like Q in TNG uniform but as a TNG productline, Q in uniform can only be 2ndory. Whether I will make Q in uniform is an unknown. We might we might not since there are so many figures to make in Trek.

On the other hand, putting together an uniformed Q is the easiest thing to do for us. We only need one head mold or maybe couple of gesture/action hands. Paintup. Boom, turnaround time can bless than 2 months.

I do have a fully sculpted Q available for me to use.

Decision Decision Decision.
Greetings Fellow Trek Fans,
If it helps to have the input of us fans, I would ABSOLUTELY want Q in a standard Starfleet uniform. There are so many more possibilities to pair him up for scenarios other than "Far Point" and "All Good Things". I completely understand the issues with market demand and production costs, timelines, etc., but if there's a chance that it could be done, I would want this version above Judge Q.

I'm a faily recent member and haven't posted before. Unfortunately I missed out on EXO-6s first two releases, but am now registered with them and have Janeway and EMH on order. I'm eagerly awaiting the announcements and discussions on this new line. Congratulations Nanjin on a great, new venture!

It doesn’t matter much to me if the boxes are numbered, but in a way given the more limited run nature of these figures I’m surprised they aren’t numbered in some way. No biggie though.

Nanjin would it be possible for future figures to have a limited edition number on the boxes?
There's a project that I am kind of forced to have limited quantities. We will consider numbering for this project since the figures are already limited by a “number.”

It doesn’t matter much to me if the boxes are numbered, but in a way given the more limited run nature of these figures I’m surprised they aren’t numbered in some way. No biggie though.
That will add cost. Our first year prime objective is to build confidence with track record showing we have unique capacities in providing exceptional Speed, Quality, and Pricing. Able to accomplished 2 out of these 3 is already an amazing achievement in any production sector.

We did all 3 on our first year and our momentum is in an increasing rate (ignore natural barrier - Chinese New Year shut down)

Figure numbering already answered above. I believe we will somehow implement a numbering system with that particular figure line.

So... is this decorated captains line still a thing?
This was one of the first teasers by EXO-6 and we've only seen Janeway. Are we only getting one Captain per year? Seems strange to go off on all these sidetracks (Discovery, Mirror Spock, Q) when the first line-up isn't even complete.

1639515153954.jpeg

Back